The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread! - Page 686 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2007, 04:41 AM   #10276
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Yes I saw her message, which was quite convincing. But it doesn't say whether she will really do everything possible in order to restore her image, I mean, she cannot accept to be remembered that way if she's truly innocent. As a huge fan, I wouldn't bear it...

On a happier note, Lindsay crushed Wozniak baaaadly today, I'm on my way to see her Saturday But she needs to win her next match, please do it Linds

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #10277
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what Lindsay said about the affair:

Lindsay Davenport: The news are absolutely shocking. I have always liked and respected Martina, as a player and as a friend, and I fully support her. I totally believe what she said. I met her briefly in Beijing a few weeks ago and I don't know if she was already aware of these accusations. She certainly heard a bit about these accusations and decided to tell the medias herself, and that's what you have to do when you know you did nothing wrong. I sincerely believe her because she has always been honest and open about everything.

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 11-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #10278
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

seb
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:49 AM   #10279
country flag Billabong

Yesterday night, in my bed when I was trying to sleep, I really had tears in my eyes, realizing what Martina has done in whole cereer, her amazing comeback, all her achievements, and people might remember her only because of the recent scandal... I feel like I have been cursed, I mean, it's ridiculous right?? This thing makes NO sense at all, I'm trying to understand but I just can't, the fact that she would have used cocaine among all drugs (so ridiculous), but the fact that her 2 samples were really positive, the fact that NOBODY except her knows about the accusations (the WTA knew absolutely nothing), the fact that anti-doping authorities still have said nothing, the fact that she claims she's innocent but won't even try to fight to clear her name, all these things just DON'T MAKE SENSE, it's really like a nightmare... And now I'll never see my favorite player again, all hope that she plays again on the tour is lost for good, I was so happy when she came back... sorry guys I'm just telling how I feel right now, watching Lindsay today play SO well at the Bell Challenge made me so thrilled, but everytime I think about her greatest rival, Martina Hingis who is a good friend of hers, my thoughts are blackened... I hope so much we'll know more about all this soon, I hope it clears up and she'll defend herself, I hope for so many things at the same time...

Old 11-04-2007, 01:54 AM   #10280
country flag Billabong

BTW like I said Lindsay was absolutely a joy to watch this afternoon, her match against Zvonareva was very high quality and Lindsay's serve was SMOKING!!! She hit about 15 aces, got broken only once, hit so many winners and looked so happy in her interview, I really hope she can win tomorrow, our small tournament would really have some history to have such a legend as one of our champions and all those rumours that she doesn't like playing in Canada would be cleared (she has never done well at the Rogers Cup)

Old 11-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #10281
country flag Billabong

Finally some good news: Hingis decides to fight to clear her name
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../sthart104.xml

Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #10282
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Seb.

Hopefully Lindsay win makes you feel better.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #10283
country flag Billabong

Yep it did, she was awesome and we are sooo proud to have her as a winner of our tournament, she's really the best champion to have played and won here

Old 11-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #10284
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Jiat, don't want this to lost in Adam's chat

Good Luck for your exam and you're not a dead penguin

Old 11-11-2007, 07:57 AM   #10285
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

thank you lee!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #10286
country flag Billabong

Anyone follows Shanghai in here? David Ferrer looks to be the guy to beat out there, I've seen him thrash Gasquet and he looks unbeatable Djoko has been very disappointing though, not himself at all..

Hey BTW I have started some Russian lessons, did I tell you? This is one TOUGH language, it's gonna take me some time to learn it well I'll have to go to Russia one day in order to practice it

Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #10287
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Anyone follows Shanghai in here? David Ferrer looks to be the guy to beat out there, I've seen him thrash Gasquet and he looks unbeatable Djoko has been very disappointing though, not himself at all..
I will follow Shanghai more religiously if Djokovic didn't suck that bad. But I still follow most of the matches.

Quote:
Hey BTW I have started some Russian lessons, did I tell you? This is one TOUGH language, it's gonna take me some time to learn it well I'll have to go to Russia one day in order to practice it
After 3 years, I am still struggling with my Spanish but you're much younger so it shouldn't be too hard for you.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #10288
Scavenger Hunter

i've been meaning to start learning russian. the language kit is sitting in my cupboard
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #10289
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Languages are not for me... I failed about all my exams I had at highschool in all languages, means German, English and French. most of my English I learned when starting to post here at mtf

So far I missed most of Shanghai, due to my work placement. But I'll be able to watch the SF and F, so I am happy Roger managed to reach the SF after all. Don't like it that the tennisseason is about over...

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #10290
country flag Billabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Languages are not for me... I failed about all my exams I had at highschool in all languages, means German, English and French. most of my English I learned when starting to post here at mtf

So far I missed most of Shanghai, due to my work placement. But I'll be able to watch the SF and F, so I am happy Roger managed to reach the SF after all. Don't like it that the tennisseason is about over...
Yvo!

yah, and the tennis season will be shorter pretty soon!! Good thing for the players I guess, but a longer wait for the fans