French Interclubs - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #16
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Interclubs (10.11-01.12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
It's a highlight of the season and clearly deserves a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julial View Post
I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing
I believe this might have happened because of some technical reasons, normally there shouldn’t be closed access anywhere since the whole thing is organized not for players only but for public as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I think players in one particular team better show up
Well, I guess when a team is mainly made of the "stars" at least some of them will have to show up at every meeting lol
Quote:
They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they?
Financially, are they?

BTW, does anyone know whether a new captain for PJB means Remi Barbarin has quitted the club, too?

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 07:11 AM   #17
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I think players in one particular team better show up They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they?
Yes, of course, Gaël said that very clearly when he was asked why he came back just to play the Interclubs last year - he said Lagardère helps them during the whole year and they owe him that (PJB was Lagardère too, Lagardère even went to Rouen to cheer for his boys last year).

As for me, I prefer the "really big stars" not to show up because it ruins the whole thing with all the Lagardère boys on the same team, but I don't see why it's a big deal if they do. Tons of guys play exos non-stop during the off-season, Richie and Paulo can play a couple of matches for their club in a fan-friendly event, that's part of their job.

Anyway, don't get upset yet, Puschkin ^^, being on the list doesn't mean he will play in the end - wasn't he also supposed to play exhibitions in Asia after Shanghai?

Last edited by Truc : 11-08-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #18
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Financially, are they?
I wonder about that too, I think it depends on the players...
Gasquet and Monfils did get financial support from Lagardère at the beginning, that's how everything started, I think. Now with the whole Team thing going, I suppose they just don't need to pay for all the staff and training structures?
But there was an interview of Jeremiasz lately in GrandChelem and he said that except a few ones, the players have to pay to be part of the Team Lagardère.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #19
country flag Truc

"Enfin il ne faut pas oublier que mis à part quelques uns, être au team Lagardère a un coût pour les joueurs."
http://www.grandchelem.net/mon_weblo...-jeremias.html
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #20
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyway, don't get upset yet, Puschkin ^^, being on the list doesn't mean he will play in the end - wasn't he also supposed to play exhibitions in Asia after Shanghai?
Yeah, one to my knowledge, on 20 or 21 November against Nadal. That was arranged at a time when hardly anyone expected Richard to make Shanghai which fits perfectly now in the Asia travelling schedule. But this Interclub stuff is in the middle of the 2008 preparation. And yes, I admit I do get upset about it and I will only shut up if he finally does not play.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #21
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder about that too, I think it depends on the players...
Gasquet and Monfils did get financial support from Lagardère at the beginning, that's how everything started, I think. Now with the whole Team thing going, I suppose they just don't need to pay for all the staff and training structures?
But there was an interview of Jeremiasz lately in GrandChelem and he said that except a few ones, the players have to pay to be part of the Team Lagardère.
Maybe I misunderstood the whole thing but this is what their official website says:

Corporate Responsibility
Supporting high-level athletes

As part of its determination to promote high-level sporting ability, the Lagardère group has put in place an innovative policy, largely through TeamLagardère, which was designed to support the training and development of young athletes. Those who wish to can also take advantage of personalized assistance, to the extent and under the conditions that suit them.

The players who benefit from the various levels of support available can be classified in three main categories:

* Players trained in full by TeamLagardère (tennis, physical training and assessment tests). These include such names as Ascione, Benneteau, Devilder, Llodra, Mahut and Roger-Vasselin. This kind of support is also offered to some of the most promising young players in French tennis, who train in the Team Espoir section at the Sophia Antipolis site.
* Players whose physical training is funded by TeamLagardère and who are monitored by its scientific centre of expertise, but who work with an outside coach. Examples include Mary Pierce and Gaël Monfils.
* Players who receive purely financial assistance from the Lagardère group and members of the Paris Jean-Bouin centre (federal or private coaching), for example Gasquet, Mathieu and Jérémiasz.

The Lagardère group currently supports 18 tennis players, from young hopefuls to some of the biggest names in the game.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #22
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, why do Paulo and Richard need financial assistance? They earned the most among the French players this year. And their coaches, physios and doctors are paid by the FFT, no?
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #23
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about the French, but here in Thailand... our tennis association does NOT cover players' expense. They need to get their own sponsor
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #24
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Actually, why do Paulo and Richard need financial assistance? They earned the most among the French players this year. And their coaches, physios and doctors are paid by the FFT, no?
I was about to ask the same question.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
country flag Truc

Quote:
Not sure at all about that.
It's true the FFT can cover the expenses of French players (that's also a reason why we have so many journeymen in France, Ome, they have it pretty easy in comparison to other countries, the FFT pays the coach, the travel expenses, etc. and they give back a percentage of what they earn).
But not all the French players, just the ones who choose this system with the FFT.

I'm actually surprised the website says Paulo gets "purely financial assistance", he seemed more like a full member of the Team Lagardère to me. Champion belongs to the Team Lagardère too, doesn't he?

(As for the reasons to give them "financial assistance", well, they're the best possible publicity for the whole thing. Richie se promène avec une grosse pancarte Lagardère sur la manche droite...)
Old 11-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #26
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite sure Eric is with the FFT and they always mention Dr Montavalan, the FFT doctor.

It sounds like an endorsement deal.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #27
country flag Truc

Deblicker joined the Team Lagardère too at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure about his exact situation, but he left the FFT too, he was replaced by Pioline there.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #28
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't know what's that about "purely financial assistance" for Paulo and Richard, maybe that's just a bit an out-of-dated info? But seems in general the system works the following way:
"<...> Mais contrairement à ce que l’on croit, les joueurs ne sont pas payés pour représenter Lagardère. Ils sont soutenus financièrement dans leur carrière en bénéficiant d’un large panel d’entraîneurs physiques et tennis, kinés, diététiciens, etc. Mais ils reversent (symboliquement ou pas) une part de leurs revenus à la Fondation Lagardère qui réinjecte ces recettes dans les secteurs de la détection de nouveaux talents, de la formation de nouveaux entraîneurs et des aides aux enfants défavorisés afin de leur permettre d’accéder au monde du travail et de la culture." (Journal de tennis, June 2007, http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache...zine/JDTn1.pdf - page 20)
So I believe mainly it's still about all kinds of training support and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Yeah, one to my knowledge, on 20 or 21 November against Nadal. That was arranged at a time when hardly anyone expected Richard to make Shanghai which fits perfectly now in the Asia travelling schedule. But this Interclub stuff is in the middle of the 2008 preparation. And yes, I admit I do get upset about it and I will only shut up if he finally does not play.
I think it is written in the rules that a player may play the final rounds if he has showed up, even if not playing, at least at two meetings of the group stage. I guess that's what Richard might do last year and what he won't be able to do this year if he plays that exhibition.
Quote:
Maybe it will be a bit surprising but as for the prize money, this year the second after Richard is Arnaud Clement

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #29
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Deblicker joined the Team Lagardère too at the beginning of the year. I'm not sure about his exact situation, but he left the FFT too, he was replaced by Pioline there.
So he finally left? There were rumours of him leaving. Then he denied it. Then I don't remember hearing anything.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #30
country flag Truc

Yes, that was the first episode, L'Équipe published the news during the Australian Open and Deblicker denied it.
But a couple of weeks later, he did leave and the FFT announced his replacement by Pioline - "rajeunissement" of the team, they said.
I haven't heard anything about it since then, I might have missed the following episode.

Now I'm not sure what changed for Richie in practice.