French Interclubs - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default French Interclubs

It's a highlight of the season and clearly deserves a thread.

It starts in a few days, the teams are here:
http://www.fft.fr/premiere_division/2007/?id=3341
All the "stars" of the Paris-Jean Bouin are now playing for the Lagardčre Paris Racing (except Gaël who probably won't be able to play anyway because of his injury).

Last edited by Truc : 11-24-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
country flag julial

julial is on a distinguished road
Default Re: French Interclubs (10.11-01.12)

It is open to the public?
How do we get there?
julial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, of course, just go there, I think. I don't know all the clubs, but I can't believe some of them don't let people watch the matches? You're pretty close to the players, it can be fun (although there are just a few players for the qualifying rounds, of course, not all the big names).
Where do you live?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
country flag julial

julial is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the answer, I live in Paris. I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardčre paris racing .. But all the major french players play now in this club..
And you, where do you live?
julial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #5
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Please Richard, stop playing this Mickey Mouse thing. You are beyond that stage.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the "stars" will only show up in the semis or final like they did last year
Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #7
country flag Truc

I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first – "please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now".

I think Richie only showed up for the final last year, but not Paulo, Gaël & Co, Ome. I'm sure Paulo played a couple of qualifying rounds in 2006. And it depends on who you call a "star", but Gilles, Julien, etc. played quite a lot too.
I think they had to to be on the team for the final. But maybe it will be different this year, they've changed the whole format (it's much shorter now).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:51 AM   #8
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by julial View Post
Thanks for the answer, I live in Paris. I am already gone after one time Jean Bouin but I heard it's difficult to go to lagardère paris racing .. But all the major french players play now in this club..
And you, where do you live?
Oh, you're better informed than I am then! I don't know either for the Lagardère Paris Racing, I just know for other clubs like PJB, Lille, Rennes... You mean one has to be a member of the club to attend the matches? ^^

I'm living in Berlin, so no Interclubs for me. But this time I might be in Paris at the time of the final and I hope I can go.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 AM   #9
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first – "please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now".

I think Richie only showed up for the final last year, but not Paulo, Gaël & Co, Ome. I'm sure Paulo played a couple of qualifying rounds in 2006. And it depends on who you call a "star", but Gilles, Julien, etc. played quite a lot too.
I think they had to to be on the team for the final. But maybe it will be different this year, they've changed the whole format (it's much shorter now).
I only remember Paulo playing one round besides the semis and finals. I thought the old format was very long. Too many matches

BTW... stars, to me, = ATP level players
Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #10
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I knew the Gasquetaires would react that way, I even wanted to make a joke about it in the opening post first –"please, Richie is waaaaaay too good for that thing, he belongs to the Masters Cup now".
That's not the point. It is not that he is too good for it. I don't want to be understood that way. Sorry if my previous post was misleading on this.

But I honestly think it will be more important for him to seriously prepare for 2008, particularly to work hard on the service return. He will need that if he wants to be a continous force among the top ten.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
country flag Géraldine

Géraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond reputeGéraldine has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Rouen. So i went to the interclubs the last three years for the last turns
But now semifinals and finals will be played next to Paris..

Edouard Roger Vasselin stayed in PJB with Monfils whereas all the other are going to play for the Lagardere team...
In the lagardere team, we find all the best french players because Santoro plays now too for this team whereas he played for the As Patton
Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #12
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
That's not the point. It is not that he is too good for it. I don't want to be understood that way. Sorry if my previous post was misleading on this.

But I honestly think it will be more important for him to seriously prepare for 2008, particularly to work hard on the service return. He will need that if he wants to be a continous force among the top ten.
Ok, ok, ok. But if he isn't on vacation at that time, I think "Le Maître" will play. It won't disturb his preparation for 2008, he just has to be there 2 days.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Then again, do they need him to win? Actually, do they even need to play? It's so obvious which team will win.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
It won't disturb his preparation for 2008, he just has to be there 2 days.
yeah, that's what everybody will be saying and people will think it is a good thing for him to have some relaxed days with his buddies and they will like it that he is NOT too arrogant to play this crap.

I disagree. Time to grow up. I am hardly ever harsh on Richard, but concerning this I am. He has no business there.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #15
country flag Ome

I think players in one particular team better show up They're (financially) supported by Lagardère, aren't they?