Nadal crushes "bad match-up" Youzhny 6-4 6-2 to reach SF.... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #46
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal crushes "bad match-up" Youzhny 6-4 6-2 to reach SF....

The brilliant thing about Dubai back in 2006 was that quite a few people in here were moaning about the surface playing so slow, like clay. On the Talk Tennis message board, I even saw a poster seriously claim that the Dubai surface had a bit of sand from the desert on the sourt so it played like clay.

At the same time, pros like Andre Agassi and Safin were saying how fast that surface was.

Anyway, it was clear from the start that Youzhny was a bit sluggish but it was good to see Rafa hit some great shots, although his forehand down the line could use some work at the moment, as well as his serve (which improved as the match went along).
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #47
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The brilliant thing about Dubai back in 2006 was that quite a few people in here were moaning about the surface playing so slow, like clay. On the Talk Tennis message board, I even saw a poster seriously claim that the Dubai surface had a bit of sand from the desert on the surface so it played like clay.

At the same time, pros like Andre Agassi and Safin were saying how fast that surface was.

Anyway, it was clear from the start that Youzhny was a bit sluggish but it was good to see Rafa hit some great shots, although his forehand down the line could use some work at the moment, as well as his serve (which improved as the match went along).
they were wrong there, that hard was not slow but this time they are right, just that.
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #48
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
I was thinking of the same thing .

You forgot the cakewalk draw excuse
Of course, just like Wimbledon 2007
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #49
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Of course, just like Wimbledon 2007

Now, now. Get it right! Wimbledon 2006 was a cakewalk. 2007 he was unbelievably lucky with 1)rain delays saving him in the Sod match 2)Misha injured, barely able to move in the final 2 sets of their match 3)the wind sweeping around cenre court magically ONLY affecting Berdych in the quarters 4)Nole retiring in the semis - clearly he would have won if 100%, very unfair that Rafa coped with the hideous scheduling better and 5)Fed played like shit, as always against Raf, otherwise the Final would have been a straight sets drubbing.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #50
country flag spriwi

spriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond reputespriwi has a reputation beyond repute

congrats rafa

i didnt expect it to be that easy

yo quiero rafa
spriwi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #51
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rafito!
Veronique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #52
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Now, now. Get it right! Wimbledon 2006 was a cakewalk. 2007 he was unbelievably lucky with 1)rain delays saving him in the Sod match 2)Misha injured, barely able to move in the final 2 sets of their match 3)the wind sweeping around cenre court magically ONLY affecting Berdych in the quarters 4)Nole retiring in the semis - clearly he would have won if 100%, very unfair that Rafa coped with the hideous scheduling better and 5)Fed played like shit, as always against Raf, otherwise the Final would have been a straight sets drubbing.
Note to self: I have to remember all the right reasons.

Thanks for warning me
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #53
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Youzhny looks just like Woody Harrelson. I'm sure this had a huge effect on the match.

Last edited by Roddickominator : 11-02-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #54
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL Funny stuff!
Veronique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #55
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The wind one is my favorites. Hilarious, really.

Also, drubbing is one of my very favorite words.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #56
country flag Denise

Denise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rafa
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #57
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

once again roids, being coached from the stands, and deliberately delaying the match have allowed ugly tennis to win.

damn this blue clay. damn this easy draw.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #58
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
once again roids, being coached from the stands, and deliberately delaying the match have allowed ugly tennis to win.

damn this blue clay. damn this easy draw.
His girlfriend probably gave him some last night too. Might as well blame her.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #59
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
His girlfriend probably gave him some last night too. Might as well blame her.
you're right...how could I forget?

Someone should put all of this into a thread. Just so we can keep record.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:22 PM   #60
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Rafa haters complaining about the court surface when Nadal is winning and their favorites losing. Nothing new .

So what if it is a bit slower? There have been so many good matches this week with wonderful rallies and shotmaking.
You're expecting MTF to praise Nadal?

That's almost as unlikely as a Federer loss without excuses from the GOAT and his tards.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote