Sopranos ending - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sopranos ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

yeah i know show ended long time ago, i didnt like the way it ended than, but i've looking at it couple times i think its great the way it ended.

anyone else?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
country flag ufokart

ufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sopranos ending

I thought the ending sucked at first, but after watching it multiple times i realised that if it ended any other way i would somehow been pissed about it

But this way it ended almost the same way it started, and i love it

Berdych - Andreev - Acasuso - Mathieu - Tursunov - Gaudio - Simon

Vliegen * Malisse * Chela * Zabaleta * Gasquet * Calleri * Djokovic * Starace

Retired and not so active players¬

SJENG SCHALKEN [] PAT RAFTER [] THOMAS MUSTER [] GUGA KUERTEN

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MARIA KIRILENKO
ufokart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic.

Best TV show of all time by a country mile for me and I am sad that it's over but still it ended the only way that would've been right. Only thing I was disappointed with was Journey being the last song in the whole show. Fantastic that the last episode focused on family exactly as it had to.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

I know that David Chase received a lot of heat for ending the run that way. I didn't get what the objection was- I really enjoyed the ending. Sometimes it's better to be left not knowing everything, rather than being spoonfed all of the details.

Thumbs up.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
I know that David Chase received a lot of heat for ending the run that way. I didn't get what the objection was- I really enjoyed the ending. Sometimes it's better to be left not knowing everything, rather than being spoonfed all of the details.

Thumbs up.
Anybody who thought that all loose ends would be tied and we wouldn't be left in the way that we were was at least one of the following:

1 - Foolish
2 - Didn't understand the beauty of The Sopranos
Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
Anybody who thought that all loose ends would be tied and we wouldn't be left in the way that we were was at least one of the following:

1 - Foolish
2 - Didn't understand the beauty of The Sopranos
Or both.

Some people don't like to stretch out of their comfort zone. They don't like to think. Big budget studio releases without a plot, character development, or anything that treads beyond "convenience tv" is a threat to a lot of people, I think. It's a turn off for them, literally and figuratively. Shouldn't be though, which is why I loved the ending. More realistic and appropriate, like really looking into the lives of the characters, without the need to tie a bow on a neatly wrapped package, imperfect at the time of the final cut.

I am glad you mentioned the inclusion of the Journey track. At first, I thought I was analyzing it too much- it distracted me a lot when I viewed it intially. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who noticed it.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fantastic.

Best TV show of all time by a country mile for me and I am sad that it's over but still it ended the only way that would've been right. Only thing I was disappointed with was Journey being the last song in the whole show. Fantastic that the last episode focused on family exactly as it had to.
not a fan of Journey but i liked the song.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 AM   #8
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BEPcJlz2wE
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 AM   #9
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Tony got killed in the last scene. No doubt about it.
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 PM   #10
country flag stebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
Tony got killed in the last scene. No doubt about it.
Just my personal opinion but people who think this don't get what the show is about or cannot handle the idea of not having closure. I think in time David Chase will end this theory, I am 80% sure he didn't intend people to think that.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just my personal opinion but people who think this don't get what the show is about or cannot handle the idea of not having closure. I think in time David Chase will end this theory, I am 80% sure he didn't intend people to think that.
What makes you say that? I think the theory that he is dead makes much more sense than the he isnt dead theory. If you want ill tell you why I think he is dead but you might already know what im going to say so i wont waste my time unless you need me to?
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote