"I don't practice as hard as I used to." - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #16
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "I don't practice as hard as I used to."

Expected thread. Nothing to see here. Moving on.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #17
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #18
country flag GonzoFed

GonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNCS View Post
and you expected something else :retard:
No. But i still find amusing that after four years, some fans still panic and overreact when Federer loses a match.
GonzoFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #19
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFed View Post
No. But i still find amusing that after four years, some fans still panic and overreact when Federer loses a match.
This thread is not about Fed losing a match here and there.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #20
country flag GonzoFed

GonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
But it started due to an article written after a loss, and the subsequent reactions were very influenced imo for that fact. Furthermore, if you read the article carefully you can realize that Federer was talking about not practicing so hard after the USO as a part of his training planification for the year, not because he is just getting lazy and unmotivated.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No but it's the typical BS that comes up when he does lose.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #22

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But it started due to an article written after a loss, and the subsequent reactions were very influenced imo for that fact. Furthermore, if you read the article carefully you can realize that Federer was talking about not practicing so hard after the USO as a part of his training planification for the year, not because he is just getting lazy and unmotivated.
It's not how I see this thread. He's been an a robot mode for 4 years. It's impossible to continue like that. He'll play less and win less in the future. I have no problem with his reduced schedule and I can accept that the youngsters will overtake him eventually. But practicing less is a risky thing. For sure, the body will enjoy the break, but it'll be reluctant to work hard again. Both overtraining, and undertraining can cause injures. That's why I said he should be careful. It'd be a pity if this run ended with injures, esp now when 14 is within the reach.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 10-28-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #23
country flag GonzoFed

Quote:
It's not how I see this thread. He's been an a robot mode for 4 years. It's impossible to continue like that. He'll play less and win less in the future. I have no problem with his reduced schedule and I can accept that the youngsters will eventually overtake him. But practicing less is a risky thing. For sure, the body will enjoy the break, but it'll be reluctant to work hard again. Both overtraining, and undertraining can cause injures. That's why I said he should be careful. It'd be a pity if this run ended with injures, esp now when 14 is within the reach.
This is the bolded part of the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenHound View Post
“I don’t practise as hard as I used to,” he said. “There is not much point trying to improve your game after the US Open, it is about staying healthy and being ready for the new year to begin.”
English is not my native language, but what i understand is Federer talking about not practicing as hard as he used to until the USO, and this in the context of, as i mentioned in my previous post, his planification for the year. Probably he did exactly the same in the indoor season last year, but nobody worried because he didn't lose a match.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Probably he did exactly the same in the indoor season last year, but nobody worried because he didn't lose a match.
Well, he did not tell us about practicing less last year. One thing is us guessing about possible changings, the other is him admitting it.
Anyway, there is still some speculation involved. We don't know what "not practicing as hard as I used to" really means and how far he's planning to take it. I'd say that he may survive hitting less balls on the court, but he can't get away with working less off the court.