madrid - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #421
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes View Post
I can't believe I am getting into a discussion about Roger's personal life My last thoughts on this subject:

There are many, MANY women in this world who do what Mirka is doing for the man in her life. Not many of them are recognized in the media as is Mirka. But there are many loving women in this world who stand behind their man, working behind the scenes to further their Husband's/Boyfriend's/Partner's career. So, it's probably just me, but I find absolutely nothing unique or fascinating about Mirka's choices in life...... A lot of women make this choice. In turn, Mirka has a very comfortable lifestyle with little need to worry about money.
Yeah, and it should be recognized that chosing to do so is a valuable choice just as all others.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #422
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
Yeah, and it should be recognized that chosing to do so is a valuable choice just as all others.
Karin I am not saying that her choice is negative in anyway. What I am saying is that this isn't a choice unique to Mirka.....it's actually a choice made by a lot of women in this world. So, I don't think Mirka earns some extra credit for her choice as some tend to give her.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #423
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Karin I am not saying that her choice is negative in anyway. What I am saying is that this isn't a choice unique to Mirka.....it's actually a choice made by a lot of women in this world. So, I don't think Mirka earns some extra credit for her choice.
That's exactly what I meant to say with my comment - the only one who may have an opinion on how a woman decides to spend her life is that woman HERSELF. And what ever one choses, it's okay!

In case of Mirka, no, of course she doesn't deserve extra credit at all. It's an okay choice, and apparently she does a great job for both Rogi AND herself, but it doesn't deserve EXTRA credit. It does deserve CREDIT, though!

Additional explanation: in my country, whereas it used to be the complete opposite, women are nowadays critisized if they *abstain* from having a 'career' (whatever that may be... ) themselves but in stead chose to support their spouses as much as possible.
It's terrible - some 20 years ago women weren't ALLOWED to persue their own careers - an now, they are OBLIGED to. Oh dear. Why not let everyone spend their lives the way they most enjoy it?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #424
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
That's exactly what I meant to say with my comment - the only one who may have an opinion on how a woman decides to spend her life is that woman HERSELF. And what ever one choses, it's okay!

In case of Mirka, no, of course she doesn't deserve extra credit at all. It's an okay choice, and apparently she does a great job for both Rogi AND herself, but it doesn't deserve EXTRA credit. It does deserve CREDIT, though!

Additional explanation: in my country, whereas it used to be the complete opposite, women are nowadays critisized if they *abstain* from having a 'career' (whatever that may be... ) themselves but in stead chose to support their spouses as much as possible.
It's terrible - some 20 years ago women weren't ALLOWED to persue their own careers - an now, they are OBLIGED to. Oh dear. Why not let everyone spend their lives the way they most enjoy it?
I'll reply to this in a PM since this is getting off topic

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 AM   #425
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Karin I am not saying that her choice is negative in anyway. What I am saying is that this isn't a choice unique to Mirka.....it's actually a choice made by a lot of women in this world. So, I don't think Mirka earns some extra credit for her choice as some tend to give her.
I don't think anyone here is giving her "extra credit".

Thank you Stanimal for taking out the trash at AO!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:54 AM   #426
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
I don't think anyone here is giving her "extra credit".
Don't nit pick my words Mirkaland.........."extra credit" is me being polite in describing the status some elevate her to on this forum. She is just another woman being loving and supportive to her partner in life.

Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #427
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

any one know that any link can watch Basel matches?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #428
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
any one know that any link can watch Basel matches?
yes darling go tohttp://www.channelsurfing.net/
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #429
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

My post (and goodness, I did not mean to cause that chain reaction, it was a casual comment) - had nothing to do with giving Mirka extra credit, if anything, I was reffering to Roger - in HIS world, AKA - the pro tour, such an involvment from a girlfriend who is also... well, all the things Mirka does for him - is rare. The point I was trying to make - is that any serious issues between them could have negetive affect on Roger's tennis in more ways than just plain break up with a girlfriend would.

That's kinda like Justine Henin getting a divorce AND firing Carlos Rodrigez at the same time, I bet she wouldn't have won 9 titles in a year after that.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #430
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
My post (and goodness, I did not mean to cause that chain reaction, it was a casual comment) - had nothing to do with giving Mirka extra credit, if anything, I was reffering to Roger - in HIS world, AKA - the pro tour, such an involvment from a girlfriend who is also... well, all the things Mirka does for him - is rare. The point I was trying to make - is that any serious issues between them could have negetive affect on Roger's tennis in more ways than just plain break up with a girlfriend would.

That's kinda like Justine Henin getting a divorce AND firing Carlos Rodrigez at the same time, I bet she wouldn't have won 9 titles in a year after that.
a. My point being made earlier is that it is NOT rare. Many women do the same thing for their men on a daily basis.

b. I don't care who you are, once you've been in a relationship with someone for more than 6 years - and lived with the person - it's never a "plain break up".

Look, at the end of the day, we all wish that Roger's private life never seriously affects his profession.......we're all on the same page!! I'm just not feeling in the mood to sugar coat things Sorry

Tennis Helps!!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #431
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give her credit for not preventing Fed from doing great things in tennis.

Other than that, like the rest of female population, she wants her partner to be rich, smart, and have a big dick.
I'd guess it's not easy to find 3 in one. At least we know she's got (even if temporary) plenty of the first quality. Sorry, folks, just like Mangoes, I'm not in the mood to sugarcoat things.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 10-23-2007 at 09:27 PM.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #432
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
thankyou~~~
Old 10-25-2007, 04:05 AM   #433
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

mirka: "no other woman could stand so much tennis. Every minute is tennis"

sure...
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #434
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

b. I don't care who you are, once you've been in a relationship with someone for more than 6 years - and lived with the person - it's never a "plain break up".
Oh, I won't argue about that.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #435
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
mirka: "no other woman could stand so much tennis. Every minute is tennis"

sure...
Mirka also do many things for Roger, but I see her in Shanghai last year~~~I feel that she is a cool girl~~~