madrid - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #181
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: madrid

Sorry if already posted.

It's nice that Roger gets recognition in Spain

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #182
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
i loved that. Hewitt always used to bring it up pre-match and derive confidence from that match. Always got smashed right after.

Anyways, this shows imo what happens when federer plays without outside interference. No wind, sun etc. The conditions stay relatively constant and fed gets in a groove and decimates other players.

When federer plays outside in conditions that can be variable, he tends to be conservative in his play. Think to cincy and usopen where he was passive and wasnt feeling the conditions too well.

right now, federer is far and away the best indoors, and his level indicates that he could be among the best of all time indoors if he plays like this.
In his post match interview Roger said his game plan was to play offensive, more aggressive style. I would love to see him play like this more often. Moving well, vollying well, great transition game....it's just a joy to watch. I'll take that any day over the junkballing/moonballing and defensive crap some we see with some guys.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #183
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

He certainly did play aggressively. He's been content to hit soft FH's to his opponents' FH's from the middle of the cout of late, but today, he attcked with that shot. His FH combos reminded me of his aggressive FH's of 2004, early 2005. His BH was also very good as he didn't offer up too many short balls off of the CC drive and his drive DTL was better than it has been during he summer.

Canas served a lot to the Fed FH on the AD court for some reason, something that most players hardly ever do (other than Blake who doesn't seem to have much of a gameplan when serving) and Fed's FH return from the AD end is really good as he tries to set up the return to the AD corner, FH to the opponent's FH, inside out FH or volley winner combination. He had some nice BH drive returns as well.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #184
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
i
Anyways, this shows imo what happens when federer plays without outside interference. No wind, sun etc.
I guess this is not relevant (certainly not in the context you were talking about)~~~but the first thing that came to my mind when reading your post was~~*No wind, sun* no coach.
luna

He runs so freely when he is on his own.
I like that.

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 AM   #185
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo View Post
I guess this is not relevant (certainly not in the context you were talking about)~~~but the first thing that came to my mind when reading your post was~~*No wind, sun* no coach.
luna

He runs so freely when he is on his own.
I like that.
agree

although i liked roger's volleys under the roach.

Federer hasn't played this well since he played hewitt in canada.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 AM   #186
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rogi!

I was kind of afraid to open this site and saw the news of him crashing out vs Canas again. Like how suprised I was learning about his defeat over the radio in Miami

6-0...

Now I hope I can finally catch some of his matches this weekend!
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 AM   #187
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in the QF

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #188
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

He looked quite good against Canas, more agressive than I've seen for most of the year, but I think we're selling him short if we think he's just now beginning to play well now again. He played several strong matches at the US Open, most notably against Capdeville, Lopez, and Roddick. In each match, he had 40+ winners and ~15 errors. More noticeable, though, is the variety in his game and the way he approached the matches on the two different surfaces. At Madrid, he's hitting with more power and less spin, winners io and dtl blowing by opponents. At the USO, Roddick was hitting as hard as he could from the ground, and Federer was still controlling rallies by spinning it all over the court, forcing Roddick to deal with incredible variety. Once he got a chance to step around the forehand, he was doing things similar to today. I think his match against Roddick was as good as the one with Canas today, especially as Roddick was playing a lot better than Canas was.
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 AM   #189
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
He certainly did play aggressively. He's been content to hit soft FH's to his opponents' FH's from the middle of the cout of late, but today, he attcked with that shot. His FH combos reminded me of his aggressive FH's of 2004, early 2005. His BH was also very good as he didn't offer up too many short balls off of the CC drive and his drive DTL was better than it has been during he summer.
Strangely enough Roger's next opponent also discovered his BH in yesterday's match against Koubek. Together with some amazing FHs and excellent serving, this was quite a performance. If Lopez plays similarly well today as he did yesterday, we are in for a great match. I have no doubts that Roger will come through, but it might be a little harder than against the (overestimated) Canas.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #190
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger looks so sexy last night!!

And he play so Wonderful!!!

Go Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #191
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Rogi vs Lopez

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #192
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

good luck roooooooooooooooooooooooger

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #193
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Strangely enough Roger's next opponent also discovered his BH in yesterday's match against Koubek. Together with some amazing FHs and excellent serving, this was quite a performance. If Lopez plays similarly well today as he did yesterday, we are in for a great match. I have no doubts that Roger will come through, but it might be a little harder than against the (overestimated) Canas.
Spot on!
I've noticed LaLo becoming better and better, he's a really good player now, and certainly better than Cañas. Of course I'm rooting for Roger but this could well be quite a match tonight!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #194
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

I see now that Nalby gave Nadal a beatdown everyone is on the Fat Dave bandwagon.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #195
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

I think it could be quite tough tonight. I was at their quarterfinal in Madrid 4 years ago, and it was very tight. Feli gets a huge amount of support from the crowd as he's near enough a local boy. Still, Roger should be able to deal with that, but mentally the Nadal loss might affect him as he doesn't need to do so much to retain number one now.
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote