News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #166
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
He has looked completely knackered since coming down the mountain and whatever he does in the next few weeks/months I hope it's constructive in some way and keeps him reasonably fit.
I don't know if it should be blamed on/related to the mountain thing...He played and competed awfully even before that: against Kiefer in Cincinatti, for example: I don't remember having seen him play worse or be in a worse mood than in that match...he was not too sharp in Montreal or US Open either...I actually think that he played better (he hit a few impressive shots) against Karlovic this week than in Cincinatti or Montreal, only that he looked totally unmotivated and did not compete well: he gave away 2 service games and 2 break points - at times it looked as if he were playing an exhibition match, as if the result did not matter.

all in all, I think this is a good decision, hopefully he'll manage a comeback, but lets wait and see what happens next...
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #167
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
I don't know if it should be blamed on/related to the mountain thing...He played and competed awfully even before that: against Kiefer in Cincinatti, for example: I don't remember having seen him play worse or be in a worse mood than in that match...he was not too sharp in Montreal or US Open either...I actually think that he played better (he hit a few impressive shots) against Karlovic this week that in Cincinatti or Montreal, only that he looked totally unmotivated and did not compete well: he gave away 2 service games and 2 break points - at times it looked as if he were playing an exhibition match, as if the result did not matter.

all in all, I think this is a good decision, hopefully he'll manage a comeback, but lets wait and see what happens next...
I'd like to add that he was already unhappy at Wimbledon. Let's not forget he decided to break up with Sasha, so there must have been some unhappiness already. I remember one of his interviews then. Back then I already thought he was down. I didn't know how far it would go.

In fact, I can now remember that in his Ferrero match in Hamburg he was asking Sasha if he could just retire and fans esp on TGFR have complained about his total lack of motivation. I think it's been a long time and he only hit rock bottom after the US Open and hasn't come up again.

Last edited by Mrs Tommy Haas : 10-18-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #168
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindia View Post
He will play next year.

He said he wanted to retire during Bercy....So if he doesn't come this year (I hate Bercy without Marat, that sucks!!) he won't retire this year, he will play next year!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
No Mawat in Bercy

I'm seriously tired of trying to follow the guy's choices I mean, if he's tired, or if he's completely lost and needs a break, fine. But here he's changing his mind every other week:
I won't play anymore this year, I'm injured.
I'm going to Nepal.
I'm coming back and hope to be ready for Madrid.
I'm playing even before Madrid since I'm back in Moscow!
I'm not playing anymore.

... what's next week? "I skipped Saint Petersburg, or Lyon whatever, and I'm back to Paris" ???

First it's really confusing (anyone else feeling dizzy raise your hand). And, on a very egoistic note, I'm sick of having my hopes for Bercy up and down every week. I would really have prefered him to be clear from the beginning and think "ok, he won't be there, fine" instead of starting to think each week "oooh, we might have a chance to see him play! "

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums

Last edited by Damita : 10-19-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #169
country flag lucindia

lucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond reputelucindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post

I'm seriously tired of trying to follow the guy's choices I mean, if he's tired, or if he's completely lost and needs a break, fine. But here he's changing his mind every other week:
I'm going to Nepal.
I'm not playing anymore.

... what's next week? "I skipped Saint Petersburg, or Lyon whatever, and I'm back to Paris" ???

First it's really confusing (anyone else feeling dizzy raise your hand). And, on a very egoistic note, I'm sick of having my hopes for Bercy up and down every week. I would really have prefered him to be clear from the beginning and think "ok, he won't be there, fine" instead of starting to think each week "oooh, we might have a chance to see him play! "

He went to Nepal to free his mind...But he came back more confused than before!!!good choice Marat!!!!

But yes, i know what u mean....on september, i was just saying "ok Marat's season is over, i won't see him in Bercy" but i was ok (I had time to get over it lol), than he came back so i was "yeahhhhhhhh! i will see him!!"....And now....I dont even know what to think!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #170
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He went to Nepal to free his mind...But he came back more confused than before!!!good choice Marat!!!!
yep Given the way he played all year I don't blame him for the Nepal thing at all. But at least, whether he wanted to end his season or continue playing I wish he could stick to his choices from time to time. because if one week he's the "let's play tennis" spirit (which means, practice, take it seriously, try to work on his game) and then the next one he's all "i quit, see you in January", I don't think he's doing himself any good
(and he once said he wasn't a yoyo, huh, )
Quote:
But yes, i know what u mean....on september, i was just saying "ok Marat's season is over, i won't see him in Bercy" but i was ok (I had time to get over it lol), than he came back so i was "yeahhhhhhhh! i will see him!!"....And now....I dont even know what to think!!!!
I know! I really get used to the idea of not seeing him, that wouldn't be the first time i plan to go to Bercy knowing he won't be there. But then he says he'll play so I have expectations again!... and nope, not coming. grrrr

Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #171
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, it's not that easy to give up. Hope dies last. He decided to end the season in September but when he came back he probably was in good spirits and after practicing in Moscow he could get another hope and thought it's not over yet (someone from atptour.ru saw him practicing with Mitya before KK and said they both looked impressive). He was wrong. It happens.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #172
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah being out of top 50 will be fun.... NOT
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #173
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Yeah being out of top 50 will be fun.... NOT
где наша не пропадала!
I'm trying to stay positive. Annie is my idol!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #174
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Looks as if Tarpi won't hear any of it...
Should we bet if he'll come to Paris anyway?
Change his mind again?
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #175
country flag mer

He'll not come to Paris. As for DC who knows. If Tarpi push Marat might change his mind. But I think Tarpi should back off.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #176
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
где наша не пропадала!
I'm trying to stay positive. Annie is my idol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tommy Haas View Post
Looks as if Tarpi won't hear any of it...
Should we bet if he'll come to Paris anyway?
Change his mind again?
Gab suggested that since Marat is not playing we should as well invite him to go to Bercy with us, as a spectator

Old 10-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #177
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure he would have fun!
And he could kick mamie's ass for us!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #178
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
you know what I mean Marat not playing DC final tells a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
well. I hope he really takes the time to decide what he really wants. whether he comes back or not isn't really the most important issue with me (yes, I'm a baaad baaad fan, and it's probably the 2nd most important issue with me), but what's most important is that he's doing whatever he does for the right reasons and motivation. and because he really wants it.
While I agree with all this I can't help but feel Marat should at least have the ambition to not go out like this.
Quote:
But here he's changing his mind every other week:
I'm going to Nepal.
I'm not playing anymore.

First it's really confusing (anyone else feeling dizzy raise your hand).
*raises hand*
Quote:
That made me laugh out loud
Old 10-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #179
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm going to Nepal.
I'm not playing anymore.

Excellent point. I don't think he'll play much longer.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #180
country flag foul_dwimmerlaik

foul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond repute

My gut feeling is that Marat will play the AO at the least, and then decide. I actually don't want to see him play this year anymore. It just looks... morbid.