Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #106
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager

great stuff indeed, the football nutters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck
Speaking of great managers, Lippi has won the biggest trophy in club football, the champions league, with Juve in 1996, and the biggest trophy in international football (or football in general), the world cup, with Italy last year. There can't be too many managers who can boast such an achievement on their CVs.
Beckenbauer musta won everything, as a player and coach.

Lyon 0-3 Rangers
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #107
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
great stuff indeed, the football nutters.

Beckenbauer musta won everything, as a player and coach.
Yep that's pretty much the case. As a player, he won:
Bayern Munich:
Bundesliga - 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974
German Cup - 1966, 1967, 1969, 1971
European Cup - 1974, 1975, 1976
Cup Winners' Cup - 1967
World Club Cup - 1976
Hamburg:
Bundesliga - 1982
Germany:
World Cup - 1974
European Championships - 1972

As a manager:
Bayern Munich:
Bundesliga - 1994
UEFA Cup - 1996
Germany:
World Cup - 1990
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #108
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, so no world cup-european cup double from Der Kaiser.

guess the silver fox Lippi only done that .... old Paul Newman puffing his ciggies on the bench.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #109
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

1974 must have been an awesome year for him, winning the Bundesliga, European Cup and World Cup in such a short space of time.
I think that Roberto Carlos won the European Cup-World Cup double in 2002, although I'm not sure how many other players have won both competitions in the same year.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #110
country flag LeChuck

The inventor of Total football, Rinus Michels, came very close to achieving the World Cup-European Championship-European Cup treble as a manager. He won the European Cup with Ajax in 1971, the European Championships with Holland in 1988, and was a runner-up at the World Cup in 1974, when Holland took an early lead and then decided to showboat and take the piss out of their bitter rivals Germany, instead of chasing a second goal, before paying the price for it.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #111
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck
I think that Roberto Carlos won the European Cup-World Cup double in 2002, although I'm not sure how many other players have won both competitions in the same year.
Would Ronaldo been part of that as well?
Quote:
the European Championships with Holland in 1988
Remember Van Basten's volley in that final.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #112
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Would Ronaldo been part of that as well?
I think that Ronaldo was an Inter Milan player during the 2001-2002 season, before signing for Real Madrid after the World Cup.

Quote:
Remember Van Basten's volley in that final.
Yeah that was just stunning.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #113
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I think that Ronaldo was an Inter Milan player during the 2001-2002 season, before signing for Real Madrid after the World Cup.

correct, he moved after WC after he had promised eternal loyalty to Inter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #114
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
correct, he moved after WC after he had promised eternal loyalty to Inter
Yeah that was very funny . Inter Milan stuck by him and supported him when he was out for so long with his injuries, and that was how he ended up repaying them.

I don't think that Ronaldo has ever won the champions league during his career, as he was cup tied and ineligible for Milan during the competition last season.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #115
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't think that Ronaldo has ever won the champions league during his career, as he was cup tied and ineligible for Milan during the competition last season.
hopefully this is the good season for him

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #116
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
hopefully this is the good season for him
Yeah that would be great. He is surely the best player never to have won the competition, with Henry close behind.
I love watching Milan play. It's amazing how many people here in England that I've spoken to think that Milan play negative, defensive football (like Juve), when in fact they are one of the most attractive footballing sides in Europe.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #117
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
Yeah that would be great. I love watching Milan play. It's amazing how many in here in England that I've spoken to think that Milan play negative, defensive football (like Juve), when in fact they are one of the most attractive footballing sides in Europe.
they try to put all italian teams in the same group while Milan has one of the most creative midfields with Kaka, Pirlo and Seedorf

Rome is playing pretty good football lately but they dont have a team that could endure all the season, not many solid subs there

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #118
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
they try to put all italian teams in the same group while Milan has one of the most creative midfields with Kaka, Pirlo and Seedorf

Rome is playing pretty good football lately but they dont have a team that could endure all the season, not many solid subs there
I agree Roma squad is pretty short in numbers. I was hoping that they could launch a serious challenge for the title this season, but they could struggle when injuries and suspensions occur.
Regarding Italian football, there have been many seasons in recent times when Serie A has averaged more goals per game, than both La Liga and the Premiership. I enjoy Serie A a lot.
A lot of people think that the Milan team of the late 80s/early 90s was the best footballing side that they have ever seen.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #119
Banned!

Enjoyed watching Milan over the years... but they are becoming old dinosaurs - and they cant keep getting lucky can they Genci
Old 10-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #120
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
A lot of people think that the Milan team of the late 80s/early 90s was the best footballing side that they have ever seen.
I was too young to remember those games but first match I remember watching was 1990 CHL final

Quote:
Enjoyed watching Milan over the years... but they are becoming old dinosaurs - and they cant keep getting lucky can they Genci
if dominating a CHL final for 110 minutes out of 120, and in the end losing it, is called luck, then you have a point

Quote:
Quote: