News & Articles Part 2 - The Yeti Strikes Back - Page 319 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #4771
country flag Meeek

Meeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat news and articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post
Davai Lama
'I want a smooth chest but not with hooters ok? There are such men and I WILL have one'
Meeek is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 PM   #4772
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Mora View Post
Hey, I'm honestly hoping this will be his Camino de Santiago. But walking 750 km and climbing one of the highest mounts in the world while you have to deal with low pressure, severe climate, chest-high snow is a whole different thing. We're first and foremost worried about the human being Marat Safin and his survival and then about his career (which as some pointed out might be over soon. ) He's lost it completely. There are million other places he could have chosen.
Yesterday I read the journal of people who prepated for 2 years to climb the same mount and it's crazy how many problems they stumbled upon. Then what can we say about Marat who is yes, a professional athlete, but still not prepared a bit for what's coming. So, I can't agree with you that trying to kill himself will "contribute to his lifetime experience".
I'm scared, and I don't even want to imagine what his mother might be going through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieS View Post
This is what people are missing IMO...They are somehow equalizing this with someone withdrawing from society and contemplating life. Look, I am sure we all at some point in our lives could see the ridiculousness of a successful, good-looking, popular, multi-millionaire athlete's urgent need of evaluating his life every few years (really, what the fuck is there to think about?)..And I get that after being a fan of Marat for x amount of years maybe we don't see such obvious things as easily. That's beside the point...Why are people failing to see how dangerous and ultimately senseless all this is?
I still refuse to believe he is willing to take such risks. Frozen limbs will not be good for his overall technique.
I'm all for the search for inner peace and all but this is just plain reckless
mir is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #4773
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #4774
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

I like this one better http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sawyer

( steph, is it you singing? "I lived in a cave" )
Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #4775
country flag MarieS

MarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada~121 View Post
Dangerous, yes. But senseless? It's none of our business to judge.
Why am I on MTF?
There are some things in life that do not warrant or merit the "relativism" argument. Yes, most things in life depend on perspective; yes, as far as CERTAIN things are concerned, what is senseless to me can be validly considered completely sensible to 10 other people. This isn't one of those things no matter how you cut it .
I'm continually amazed by people's ability to excuse and rationalize everything he does. Put this in the context of any healthy, normal person's life and you'll see how incredibly ridiculous this sounds. If you're starting from the premise that he ISN'T a healthy, normal person , then we're in agreement about this situation: that is the only way you can rationalize this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post

It's just you don't want to have a lot of expectations, because when you start to have a lot of expectations you just end up losing in the third round to God knows who. ~Marat Safin, summarizing his career

No comment:
Mawie: he kinda reminds me of me, he feels obligated to have every sentence be a joke
Maggie Tulliver: and he takes his clothes off when he sees a camera
Maggie Tulliver: it's a little pathetic
Maggie Tulliver: it's like his first reaction
MarieS is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 PM   #4776
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Old 09-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #4777
country flag Armada~121

Armada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieS View Post
Why am I on MTF?
There are some things in life that do not warrant or merit the "relativism" argument. Yes, most things in life depend on perspective; yes, as far as CERTAIN things are concerned, what is senseless to me can be validly considered completely sensible to 10 other people. This isn't one of those things no matter how you cut it .
I'm continually amazed by people's ability to excuse and rationalize everything he does. Put this in the context of any healthy, normal person's life and you'll see how incredibly ridiculous this sounds. If you're starting from the premise that he ISN'T a healthy, normal person , then we're in agreement about this situation: that is the only way you can rationalize this .

I rarely post in here, and I can assure you, there are a lot of things he does that has seriously pissed me off. So I'm not excusing or rationalizing his decision this time. I'm just defending his rights to his own private life, no matter how crazy it is.

My bottom line is that, this whole thing is what he does in his private life. My objection to this expedition is that he's irresponsible to the tourneys he has committed himself to for the rest of the season, because that effects a lot of parties involved, and it is his actions in the public arena that we can criticize. Apart from that, nobody knows what goes behind the closed door. So, simply, I think we should just leave him alone.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #4778
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Old 09-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #4779
country flag mir

Quote:
I rarely post in here, and I can assure you, there are a lot of things he does that has seriously pissed me off. So I'm not excusing or rationalizing his decision this time. I'm just defending his rights to his own private life, no matter how crazy it is.

My bottom line is that, this whole thing is what he does in his private life. My objection to this expedition is that he's irresponsible to the tourneys he has committed himself to for the rest of the season, because that effects a lot of parties involved, and it is his actions in the public arena that we can criticize. Apart from that, nobody knows what goes behind the closed door. So, simply, I think we should just leave him alone.
Nobody is denying him his right to personal life and decisions, that's not the point.
He can do what ever he wants, but doesn't mean I can't have doubts about his sense of danger
Old 09-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #4780
country flag Joy Mora

Joy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

To leave him alone? It's not like we're spamming his email or chase him around the world!!!! If that were the case, yes, we'd better leave him alone indeed.
And don't know what you've been reading, but the last 15 or so pages are dedicated to his attempt to commit a very public suicide. It's a stupid decision. It's stupid in every possible way. And even if he (I pray to god, and I'm an atheist!) he returns alive and healthy, it would still have been stupid.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #4781
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, you all forget that he goes there with pros. One of them is his friend (as far as I understand). They wouldn't have taken him to this expedition if it was so dangerous and impossible for Marat. If he climbs this mountain (which is not certain yet) then it's a doable thing and not a suicide.
Opinion of the poster on atptour.ru-
Quote:
Коммерческий альпинисм. Как говорят гиды, затащим хоть корову, лишь бы не сопротивлялась
НУ что значит неподготовленного.. Технически? Это ерунда.. Классический маршрут на практически любую из этих гор, это совсем не вертикальные стены, а скорее давка снега на большом сугробе. А так, пристегнут тебя к вееовке, кислород поднесут, а дальше, лишь бы элементарно здоровья хватило
in short - it's a usual commercial climbing. Like guides say they could get to the summit even a cow if it wouldn't resist. The route is not so difficult.

Last edited by mer : 09-13-2007 at 08:07 PM.
mer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #4782
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
in short - it's a usual commercial climbing. Like guides say they can get to the summit even a caw if it wouldn't resist. The route is not so difficult.
so Roger will go with Mirka next year?

(Lame I know )
Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #4783
country flag Joy Mora

Joy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond reputeJoy Mora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so Roger will go with Mirka next year?

(Lame I know )
Don't think it was lame.

Marat has always been a trendsetter.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #4784
country flag luxsword

anyone else wondering how come there's no thread about this in GM ?
i mean,they talk a bit about it in the russia vs germany thread, but you'd think some safin bashers would already have written 3 times more than us here about it, right ?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #4785
country flag wrigley

wrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond reputewrigley has a reputation beyond repute

Should there be a separate thread for Marat's Nepal trip? I mean, this is the NEWS and ARTICLES thread, but all I see is people arguing over Marat's mental state and barely any newspaper articles.
We are just
Dust and Bones
- Guns n Roses
wrigley is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread