** Pwned by the USO Draw!!! Good luck, Andy, eat your Wheaties! ** - Page 208 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #3106
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Pwned by the USO Draw!!! Good luck, Andy, eat your Wheaties! **

You can tell half of these comments are from MTF's Fedtards

Quote:
ESPN CHAT WITH BONNIE FORD AND GREG GARBER, SEPT 6

Wyatt (Bloomington, IN): What do you think of Sweden's choice to play on a fast hard court for the upcoming Davis Cup tie? Sounds to me like an invitation to suicide.

Greg Garber: Wyatt: Much has been made of this choice. Clearly, they feel it's their best surface for Soderling -- if healthy -- and Johansson and Bjorkman. The idea is to play to their strengths, rather than try to expose the weakness of the US on clay.

Warren (FL): Enough about Serena already! Let's talk about Darth Federer vs Roddick? I think Federer wins in 4. Are you expecting the same and also are you expecting a Djokovic vs Fed final and if so what would your pick be? Thanks!

Bonnie D. Ford: Does this mean Andy is Luke Skywalker?

Bonnie D. Ford: OK... seriously... you have to wonder if the law of averages will catch up with Roger somewhere. If he loses the first set, as he did against the last two big servers he played, I could see Andy pushing it to five and that would be very interesting.

Bonnie D. Ford: But if he establishes his dominance early, I think the pattern will continue. As Roger said a couple of days ago, "He (Andy) has tried everything..."

Davanita: Is anyone else besides me NOT excited about the Federer-Roddick match tonight? It's going to be another lopsided win for Roger, ho hum. I'm not even going to watch tonight. Roddick may bring out the best in Roger but Federer brings out the worst in Andy which means bad tennis match.

Bonnie D. Ford: I have to take issue with the notion that Federer brings out the worst in Roddick. What's your reasoning on this?

Phil Kansas: Does Roddick have a chance tonight? I think he might win the first set with the crowd behind him, but i just dont see him hanging in the match with Federer.

Bonnie D. Ford: Phil -- Of course he has a chance, otherwise he'd be on a plane to Austin right now. As a journalist , I might add that with all due respect to Roger (which he deserves) it would be a more interesting story to write if Roddick did win.

Lane (Kukuihaele, HI): Is it fair to hype up the match between Andy and Roger? Does you really believe Roddick has a shot?

Bonnie D. Ford: See above. I would not call the anticipation around the world No. 1 and the U.S. No. 1 "hype.'' Federer is the player Roddick measures himself against and watching that dynamic is fascinating.

anne, buffalo: roddick wins tonight. all he seems to care about is beating federer. you get the sense that if he could beat federer, and then lose in the semis, he would still be a happy man. on the other hand, federer only cares about winning the whole thing, and is looking past roddick to the finals.

Bonnie D. Ford: Federer never looks past anyone, Anne. He told us yesterday that he did that early in his career and it came back to bite him. As for Roddick, if he were to get to the final, he will be very focused on showing that 2003 was not a fluke. Getting a second Slam would be huge for him --

Lane (Kukuihaele, HI): Bonnie ROGER or ANDY? In how many sets?

Bonnie D. Ford: Garber says Fed in four. I think it might go five. I don't care if I'm wrong, as long as it's a good match.

Jason (toronto, canada): Was last night the best chance A-Rod will ever have to beat Fed at a Grand Slam? - 23,000 cheering for him, a night match (making A-Rod's serve harder to pick up), 2 opponents who retired against him (making him well rested), a full year under Connors. He had every possible advantage outside of a Federer injury and John Roddick sitting in the umpire's chair! What else can the guy do?

Bonnie D. Ford: I hear you, Jason. See my response of two posts ago. I think when the pain fades, Roddick will take a couple positives away from this match -- his focus, intensity level and game plan were excellent. That's all he can control.

Sean ( West Covina, Ca ): What a match between ARod and Fed. That was the best performance ever from Roddick. Unfortunately, he was playing against the man beyond this world. Is there any hope for ARod to win a slam when Federer is still around? Thanks

Bonnie D. Ford: everyone here -- and from the looks of our site, around the country -- is still talking about it. Andy lifted his game and Roger countered by lifting his... I would say Roddick's best chance (and this goes for pretty much everyone else in the Top 10 aside from Nadal) is to get Federer on a bad day, which he does have once in a while. I'm not sure how much better Andy could have played through the first two sets last night.
More piccies

Federer def Roddick 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (7-4), 6-2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USO205090600_1024x768.jpg (66.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg USO192090600_1024x768.jpg (65.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661141090600_1024x768.jpg (95.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661127090600_1024x768.jpg (89.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661204090600_1024x768.jpg (102.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661203090600_1024x768.jpg (98.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg USO199090523_1024x768.jpg (45.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661205090523_1024x768.jpg (50.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661225090523_1024x768.jpg (51.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000661227090523_1024x768.jpg (59.9 KB, 12 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-09-2007 at 11:12 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #3107
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Still more

Attached Images
File Type: jpg USO191090523_1024x768.jpg (43.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20070905_rvr_so3_053_lower.jpg (13.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg USO190090523_1024x768.jpg (59.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg USO184090523_1024x768.jpg (102.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg USO185090523_1024x768.jpg (66.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg USO188090523_1024x768.jpg (83.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000660945090523_1024x768.jpg (50.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000660976090523_1024x768.jpg (48.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20070905_rvr_so3_051_lower.jpg (21.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg USO183090522_1024x768.jpg (54.3 KB, 9 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Old 09-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #3108
Last dance, Andy

Last batch.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tennis.jpg (114.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg sportsline.jpg (135.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000660799090522_1024x768.jpg (55.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000660795090522_1024x768.jpg (109.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GYI0000660789090522_1024x768.jpg (97.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg capt.3126876aa1d8488aa258b18df959bc0e.us_open_tennis_uso200.jpg (69.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg USO196090600_1024x768.jpg (47.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg USO200090600_1024x768.jpg (85.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 32352295.jpg (48.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 070906_roddick_vmed_7a.rp420x400.jpg (19.3 KB, 16 views)

Mugs Tennis Forums

Old 09-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #3109
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute

Omg Tangy, you're my hero
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #3110
Last dance, Andy

You're welcome

Okay, that drop shot/lob combo is now officially the Djoker shot.

Check out this funny screencap I took from Washington. I'm going to make this my avatar one day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pmacrules.jpg (72.5 KB, 60 views)

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 09-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #3111
country flag jeahhh!
Madness is genius

Location: Back with the sisterhood, joining forces for the AO
jeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond reputejeahhh! has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks tangy
jeahhh! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #3112
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Supporting Nole in this final is just like supporting Andy. Loads of missed opportunities and headache!
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #3113
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #3114
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Darth Federer is crushing another young jedi. How boring.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #3115
country flag blosson
La La Land

So what Maria is doing in Nole's box?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #3116
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #3117
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson View Post
So what Maria is doing in Nole's box?
What's Nole doing in Maria's box? Better question.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:35 AM   #3118
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

MONICA!

I know this isn't a Fed friendly zone most of the time, but I'm very happy.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 AM   #3119
country flag meenyminymo

Too far?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:45 AM   #3120
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

Just far enough.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote