The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread! - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:09 AM   #316
country flag christopherhello

christopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

What Peter Luczak needs to do is to place variety in his game like he did in the 2005 Australian Open where he got into the third round. Peter Luczak needs to mix his drop shots, serves and all his other weapons together so the play is unpredictable for Horna. Luczak has to watch some tapes of himself in the Australian Open 2005 of himself playing
christopherhello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #317
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

I feel after his injury lay off a few months ago he is no longer in the shape that saw him do so well earlier in the year. I'd love to proven wrong though.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #318
country flag christopherhello

christopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond repute

This is a theory which applies to tennis players Peter Luczak and Chris Guccione. i think when layers crack the top 100, they get to carried away and never make a bigger impact for a long period of time. This is shown in the rankings of Guccion and Luczak lingering in the fringe of top 100.
christopherhello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:21 AM   #319
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherhello View Post
What Peter Luczak needs to do is to place variety in his game like he did in the 2005 Australian Open where he got into the third round. Peter Luczak needs to mix his drop shots, serves and all his other weapons together so the play is unpredictable for Horna. Luczak has to watch some tapes of himself in the Australian Open 2005 of himself playing
Peter probably isn't as fit now as he was then. Next of all he has nothing to defend for the rest of the year, so that works out well for him and he should make it directly into the Aus Open.

Horna is unpredictable, capable of very good tennis along with some rubbish stuff.

Lucho was too good for Pete 7-6(4) 6-3 7-6(8) and Pete did have 3 set points in the 3rd set, but he has never been the best when it comes to taking his chances.

Now he has to play some more on clay and maybe get selected for the 2nd singles spot in Belgrade.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #320
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

Peter is playing a challenger in romania this week. Has been given a kind draw hopefully he can make use of it, despite just having come off hard court and get a good result to make them pick him for the Davis Cup tie.
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #321
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizz View Post
Peter is playing a challenger in romania this week. Has been given a kind draw hopefully he can make use of it, despite just having come off hard court and get a good result to make them pick him for the Davis Cup tie.
Well neither Chris Guccione or Alun Jones have entered a challenger this week, Pete has won his first round and has a higher ranking than both Gooch and Jones. So looks like Peter has got it, if he can win the tournament he will have the spot without a doubt.

As for Guccione I would be inclined maybe to make Alun Jones the third singles player based on form, Guccione has been pathetic of late.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 AM   #322
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Pete now plays Marcaccio and he will need to improve on the 1st round win of 3-6 6-3 6-1.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #323
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no. Luczak lost 64 64. Hopefully he can regain his position.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #324
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing loss
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #325
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Pete is I think 1 or 2 places off Entry into Bucharest, maybe if he goes and qualifies then it could in terms of match practice.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #326
country flag zizz

Peter is in the MD of Bucharest, Lapentti, Kohlschreiber, Acasuso and Zabaleta pulled out.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #327
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Pete got Andreev in the 1st round and will be a good test for him and I remember their last match was 3 TBs and Pete had match points, but didn't win.

Funny things happen in Bucharest.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #328
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Pete can play himself into some form in this match. Needs to be playing at his best for next week.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #329
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Pete lost a tough 3 setter against Andreev, though he lost, he can take heart from this performance.

In the 1st set, he was too passive from reports and then stepped it up and turned around a 1-3 deficit to win the next 5 games.

The 3rd set was close but he lost his serve at 5-4 and he was leading 30-0 in that game, he saved 3 mps, but Igor too good.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #330
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote