Players who Push the Ball - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
country flag Aerion

Aerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Players who Push the Ball

I've noticed lately, lots of people use a stroke that's like "pushing". I've been playing for 25 years and I don't ever remember being taught such a stroke. I guess it's especially good for doubles since it's mostly using the elbow to the wrist. And it's a good way to return hard shots too. It's kinda hard to read also. Looks wimpy but can get the job done.

What's the answer to this "pushing" shot?
Aerion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players who Push the Ball

Old people play that shot and pussy junior players who are scared of losing.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
country flag DrWho

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure but Ive got a dubs league match tonight so I might push a few back early doors. Hope to win early and get to the pub and push a few beers over my neck :-)
DrWho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #4
country flag Topspin92

Topspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond reputeTopspin92 has a reputation beyond repute

I push a shot only when I am returning a very hard serve. Trying a full swing can sometimes make the ball go long.
Topspin92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
country flag fenomeno2111

fenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond reputefenomeno2111 has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck pushers! They are annoying but all you can do is brig em to the net and then just blast shots to the middle of the court! Trust me it works!
fenomeno2111 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
country flag Aerion

Aerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fuck pushers! They are annoying but all you can do is brig em to the net and then just blast shots to the middle of the court! Trust me it works!
It's worth it just to hear the sound of her scream!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #7
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

To beat pushers you can do the following:

1) Don't let them get to you and make you angry.
2) Use loads of topspin to hit moonballs that bounce high.
3) Come to the net often.
4) Don't risk going for winners too often.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:03 AM   #8
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Attack em and show em whose boss.

Last edited by Kolya : 08-19-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Kolya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #9
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghdatis72 View Post
To beat pushers you can do the following:

1) Don't let them get to you and make you angry.
2) Use loads of topspin to hit moonballs that bounce high.
3) Come to the net often.
4) Don't risk going for winners too often.
1. Same with anybody.
2. Why? that is basically playing them at there own game, you need to take it to them, be aggressive and take them out of there comfort zone and rythm.
3. Correct, they cannot push the ball to you, and you will take them out of there comfort zone.
4. Why? That means you are also basically pushing as wll and letting them get into there rythm, letting them follow through with there usual game plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
Attack em and show em shows boss.
wtf?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #11
country flag Kolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safinator2000 View Post
wtf?
Attack pushers, their shots are slow and usually short.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #12
country flag Burrow

Yes, I know that.

Pushers that play down here dont drop the ball short, it is normally deap. So speak for yourself.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
country flag Aerion

Yes they push the ball deep into the court not necessarily short. At least in singles they do.

It seems like you must have a very strong wrist to push the ball.
Is this a shot that is taught by a tennis pro? Is it mainly a double's stroke?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:37 AM   #14
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Spin is the answer. Pushers love pace, so break the rhythm. Spin and then flat, then slice, then spin.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #15
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a lot of problems when I played against pushers,I mean you can't hit a winner,and then you become angry...
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote