David limping through Cincy. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #61
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David in Carmen Electras hometown Cincinnati....ehhh win this thing!

I watched the match on TV, I decided it was better than paying $30 to sit in the upper deck.

Yeah, all the Spanish speaking guys are throwing the p word around in Cincy

Was it the name plate? I though maybe it was the umpire box thingy.

Javi was in good spirits.

Not sure if I like this outfit - was it orange or mustard?
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #62
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David in Carmen Electras hometown Cincinnati....ehhh win this thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
And he wins 7-6, 6-3

Amazing match from David. He served at an unbelievable 80%, 9 aces, no double faults. He played so solid. Very nice match. He did start out a little troubled, he was swearing really loudly, in Spanish this time. And he felt the need to kick the sign with his name on it infront of his chair. Did his girlfriend break up with him or something? After one outburst where he said something I won't write down here , they showed Javi almost falling of his chair with laughter.
So he was a serving machine wonders will never cease I get to watch the highlights when I get home tonight hopefully. So we don't get to hear him speak English thou saying that that's probably for the best because my mum is recording it for me

Isa if he was wearing the shirt from last week it was a goldy colour.
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #63
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista View Post
I watched the match on TV, I decided it was better than paying $30 to sit in the upper deck.

Yeah, all the Spanish speaking guys are throwing the p word around in Cincy

Was it the name plate? I though maybe it was the umpire box thingy.

Javi was in good spirits.

Not sure if I like this outfit - was it orange or mustard?
I was wondering whether you were in the stadium. Was keeping an eye out just in case.

Could have been the umpire box too. All I know is that I was thinking, why the hell are you so p**** off? He did explain that not much later.

It was the goldy colour shirt Ali was talking about. I'm not a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia View Post
So he was a serving machine wonders will never cease I get to watch the highlights when I get home tonight hopefully. So we don't get to hear him speak English thou saying that that's probably for the best because my mum is recording it for me

Isa if he was wearing the shirt from last week it was a goldy colour.

How's your mums Spanish?

FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #64
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was wondering whether you were in the stadium. Was keeping an eye out just in case.

Could have been the umpire box too. All I know is that I was thinking, why the hell are you so p**** off? He did explain that not much later.

How's your mums Spanish?

It was needed they showed the 2nd night match

So you don't know why he flipped then
Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #65

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was needed they showed the 2nd night match

So you don't know why he flipped then
I know, because he explained it to the Spanish speaking audience a little later by means of screaming really loudly that this son of a ***** was serving really hard.

I have sold my first plants this morning.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #66
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If David plays a night match on Grandstand I'll go.

I figure I can use the $30 I didn't spend last night on a day at the Louisville challenger in October.

Quote:
I know, because he explained it to the Spanish speaking audience a little later by means of screaming really loudly that this son of a ***** was serving really hard.

I have sold my first plants this morning.
Yay Linda!

Yeah my more limited Spanish I thought maybe he was just calling Isner an a**hole.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista View Post
If David plays a night match on Grandstand I'll go.

I figure I can use the $30 I didn't spend last night on a day at the Louisville challenger in October.

Yay Linda!

Yeah my more limited Spanish I thought maybe he was just calling Isner an a**hole.

You'll have to go Isa, you are our representative in Cinci.

Well yes and no. I don't think David would call anybody out on the court that even in Spanish. He did say hijo de p*** he's serving really fast.

I thought you might be at the tenniscentre tonight with Verdasco playing and Delic in the doubles but I guess $30 is quite a lot of money. Especially for a few hours.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #68
country flag LaTenista

Quote:

You'll have to go Isa, you are our representative in Cinci.

Well yes and no. I don't think David would call anybody out on the court that even in Spanish. He did say hijo de p*** he's serving really fast.

I thought you might be at the tenniscentre tonight with Verdasco playing and Delic in the doubles but I guess $30 is quite a lot of money. Especially for a few hours.
I thought about going - but then I ended up leaving working at 6.45 (15 minutes late) so I would have missed the beginning of the match since I'd have to park far away, walk to the ticket office, buy a ticket, and then trek to my seat.

I saw Verdasco-Roddick on TTC, then they showed part of Tommywommy.

I just saw the schedule for tomorrow - night matches are too bad I can't have the day off and see David play singles and doubles.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #69
country flag alisia

First break to muppet boy Thou he's just tried to donate it back
Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #70

Quote:
First break to muppet boy Thou he's just tried to donate it back

He isn't the serving machine he was against Isner but at least his 67% is better than hotlips 42%.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #71
country flag alisia

Nooooo he's been broken
Old 08-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #72
country flag alisia

Yayyyyyyyy he's just remembered he's one of the best returners in the game & broken hotlips back
Old 08-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #73

Quote:
Yayyyyyyyy he's just remembered he's one of the best returners in the game & broken hotlips back
Old 08-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #74
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

David, just get rid of this ugly guy... I had enough of him in MTL... live and on my TV screen... he's just too scarily yukky for words, and I don't just mean his face either... blahhhhhhhhh

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #75
country flag alisia

David won 6-2 7-5 He wasn't a serving machine today but he got the job done