Babolat pure drive - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #16
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babolat pure drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICX View Post
ok what racquets arent rubbish then in your opinion?
its not an opinion, its a fact. babolat rackets are shit.

head and wilson make the best rackets. the prestige and the k61 95 are the best rackets on the market at the moment
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICX View Post
i think im buying a wilson soon, what do you think is better, the ncode or the new kfactor? im not sure about 90 or 95 either
it really depends on what paint job you like best cos that is basically the only difference between them
Old 08-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #18
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
its not an opinion, its a fact. babolat rackets are shit.

head and wilson make the best rackets. the prestige and the k61 95 are the best rackets on the market at the moment
how can you say that name #2 in tennis rackets are shit - sort it out that is a personal preference is it not? you dont like them but it doesnt make them shit now i happen not to like wilson or head rackets but that is my preference
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #19
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
If you think pro players play with the rackets they sell us, then it's no use explaining any further.
that is not totally true tbh some do some dont

phillipoussis does - head iPrestige he bought them at queens club in london and bought 12 and got a 10% discount

roddick does to and so does nadal

federer's frame is however he adds approx 40g of weight and then has the grip shaven and a didnt material put on top to make it softer
Old 08-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #20
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
how can you say that name #2 in tennis rackets are shit - sort it out that is a personal preference is it not? you dont like them but it doesnt make them shit now i happen not to like wilson or head rackets but that is my preference
babolat rackets have as much feel as a plank of wood. pretty much all their rackets are the same. they have no decent technology in them. they are good to use if you want to stand at the back of the court and spank the ball as hard as possible and do nothing else.

and btw, do you know why they are the number 2 brand? its because they are cheap, not because they are good
Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
babolat rackets have as much feel as a plank of wood. pretty much all their rackets are the same. they have no decent technology in them. they are good to use if you want to stand at the back of the court and spank the ball as hard as possible and do nothing else.

and btw, do you know why they are the number 2 brand? its because they are cheap, not because they are good
Having played with one for some time, I'd have to agree... though I wouldn't go as far as calling them complete rubbish. It's a baseliner's racquet- power hitting aka Roddick/Nadal style (which explains their choice of racquet). If you're after more variety and control, don't use a babolat.

But IMHO, if you're not a serious player, it really doesn't matter.

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:35 AM   #22
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankman View Post
But IMHO, if you're not a serious player, it really doesn't matter.
yep, if you aren't a serious player you wont be able to feel how crap the babolats are
Old 03-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #23
country flag akybo

akybo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K90 View Post
what do you think of this racquet? any of you use it? do any of the pros actually use the new versions or are they the paintjobs of the older ones?
I have the + one and all I can say is that it's perfect for me.Before this I had a donnay pro one,with that I was able to hit powerfull shots from the baseline but with my new pd+ I can hit canon shots.I like beeing lighter and stiffer than other raquets but you can put lead tape anytime to make it heavier if the weight not suits you.Dont listen to the anti-babolat taliban's alliance,all I can see they are saying like:babolat bad,wilson good,oinc oinc!not saying that some no names are calling cheap and bad a pro player raquet.It's partialy true about "you need no skill" to use it,from that power it has it makes you develop a short swing(like those old man you see playing)if its' your first raquet and you just began to play tennis,but if you have already a full swing you need just to be able to play with some topspin;how much topspin depends of your skill,I can hit with full power flat shots too but it's not my play style.
akybo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #24
country flag spid_x

spid_x is on a distinguished road

What about BABOLAT AEROPRO DRIVE Cortex ?? Isn΄t good enough? And why does Nadal use it?
spid_x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #25
country flag akybo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid_x View Post
What about BABOLAT AEROPRO DRIVE Cortex ?? Isn΄t good enough? And why does Nadal use it?
Nadal use aeropro drive no cortex with a cortex paint job.Bassically it's a puredrive head with aeropro throat.I didnt played with it but I heard you get more spin and control with some loos of power.
Nadal has an unique forhand and my personal opinion is that aeropro drive is made especially for him
Old 03-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #26
country flag spid_x

anyway. Which is your choise for a new raquet?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
country flag akybo

Quote:
anyway. Which is your choise for a new raquet?
I had for about 15 years a Donnay Tournament ProII midsize,practically I grew up with that racquet,now is broke so I bought a Puredrive after I heard good things about it.Allthough I like especially serving with it,it's a baseliner racquet and I am an allaround player,looking for control in every shot.At the net I can not get along with but I say-depdends on each player.I am used with the feel of that donnay had,that's why I order a new racquet wich is coming next week:yonex rds001 mid;I'll still keep the puredrive though.
Now to tell you what racquet is good for you,I can tell(like myself) depends a lot on what racquet you had before.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #28
country flag spid_x

I have an old Prince precision graphite pro 600. head size 97.
I want to buy a new raquet. I chose babolat aeropro cortex because it has the same head size.
But you said that it is not good enough. I am an amateur player.
What about wilson k factor raquets?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #29
country flag akybo

Quote:
I have an old Prince precision graphite pro 600. head size 97.
I want to buy a new raquet. I chose babolat aeropro cortex because it has the same head size.
But you said that it is not good enough. I am an amateur player.
What about wilson k factor raquets?
About aeroprodrive cortex I said it's a racquet made for Nadal but I was jocking,I didnt played with it so I cant say more.
Yesterday I played a little with a Wilson K Factor Team(95")and allthough the weight is lower the my puredrive,it felt like it has more weight I think becouse it is even balance and it felt good to hit with it,a lot more control then my puredrive.
If you want so much aeroprodrive then go for it,my sugesstion is to demo these racquets,go in a store with tennis equipement and ask if you can;I would go for puredrive or k factor team both great racquets but totally different in playing.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
country flag gaz

here we go babolats are not rubbish you do not become number 2 in tennis through being rubbish

people like glenn have this thing against babolat for some unkown reason

a racket is a personal thing and should be tested before being purchased. all the babolat players use babolat rackets unlike safin etc.

the pure drive is a good allround racket

pure storm tour is a heavy racket ideal if you are a good level player, the pure storm is lighter and has all the benefits as the tour

the new storm tour ltd is the closest thing you will get to the classic prestige and unlike head have not ruined and have kept it to a performance racket