Baseball Bullshit!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #1
country flag callitasicit

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baseball Bullshit!!

How fucking frustrating is it to handicap baseball!!! Those Indians screwed me once again, they have their ace on the mound against the lowly Royals and they lose!!! Why is it everytime I take the Indians they screw me?? How about those brutal Chicago White Sox? They take a 6-4 lead into the ninth only to blow it again with that idiot Jenks!!! I now remember why I seldom bet on baseball anymore.
callitasicit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baseball Bullshit!!

So why keep betting on the sport then?

This is gambling, stuff like that happens ALL the time and hardly worth creating a thread about it
rod_steel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #3

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_steel View Post
So why keep betting on the sport then?

This is gambling, stuff like that happens ALL the time and hardly worth creating a thread about it
It's just a title and it really does exemplify what happens in baseball. Save the lecture, Mom....
Old 07-15-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitasicit View Post
It's just a title and it really does exemplify what happens in baseball. Save the lecture, Mom....
So you know these moose jobs happen in baseball yet you keep betting on it?

In that case take the losses like a man and stop the bitching otherwise don't bet on the sport
Old 07-15-2007, 05:05 AM   #5

Quote:
So you know these moose jobs happen in baseball yet you keep betting on it?

In that case take the losses like a man and stop the bitching otherwise don't bet on the sport
I do take them like a man but just illustrating how frustrating it is to bet on this sport. How about you quit being such an asshole, I didn't ask for your opinion anyways!! I am sure you feel the same way when you lose, heard you bitching about the loss you had on a CFL game yesterday. How did it feel having the book take your money away after grading it a winner, you clown??
Old 07-15-2007, 05:07 AM   #6
country flag Nitefaery

Nitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond repute

Well since the threads already here just let me say.. fuck the tigers
Nitefaery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefaery View Post
Well since the threads already here just let me say.. fuck the tigers
I know... How does Batista pitched well against this lineup??
Old 07-15-2007, 05:30 AM   #8
country flag rod_steel

Quote:
I do take them like a man but just illustrating how frustrating it is to bet on this sport. How about you quit being such an asshole, I didn't ask for your opinion anyways!! I am sure you feel the same way when you lose, heard you bitching about the loss you had on a CFL game yesterday. How did it feel having the book take your money away after grading it a winner, you clown??
Yes I know I got moosed in the CFL but I didn't go creating a thread about it :retard:
Old 07-15-2007, 05:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes I know I got moosed in the CFL but I didn't go creating a thread about it :retard:
I just named the thread appropriately, baseball is a dreadful sport to wager on, you can handicap everything right and still lose in the end. By the way, moosed is such a lame adjective to use when you feel you got ripped off in a game. That sounds so stupid!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

rod is right, shit that like happens in gambling especially capping baseball, you just got to live with it and move on
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisha View Post
rod is right, shit that like happens in gambling especially capping baseball, you just got to live with it and move on
I know I am just venting, what's wrong with that? It's just frustrating sometimes betting on baseball but I know that is the nature of the beast.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How fucking frustrating is it to handicap baseball!!! Those Indians screwed me once again, they have their ace on the mound against the lowly Royals and they lose!!! Why is it everytime I take the Indians they screw me?? How about those brutal Chicago White Sox? They take a 6-4 lead into the ninth only to blow it again with that idiot Jenks!!! I now remember why I seldom bet on baseball anymore.
No lectures from me as I still make a very small wager once in a while way against my better judgment. Baseball is the only sport where I consistently lose, and have streaks of like 9-22, etc., so what does that tell ya? The problem is the sport, the most unpredictible of all American pro sports, as any analyst will tell you. Plus the books invest a ton of time in it and employ the best in the business to set the totals and odds. Right now I watch the Nats/Marlins game that screamed over total with the pitching and trends but it`s an orgy of stranding runners, 3 solo homers, and both starters pulled in the 5th ahead of the real damage. Another big pile of chips for the books. Trust me. They love baseball season and you will not get an edge on them.

Last edited by TFan1156 : 07-15-2007 at 07:02 PM.
TFan1156 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #13
country flag Thrasher

Thrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond repute

the only way you have a chance in baseball is betting on dogs.its a fact that 45% of dogs will win throughout the year.
Thrasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #14
country flag TFan1156

TFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond reputeTFan1156 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
the only way you have a chance in baseball is betting on dogs.its a fact that 45% of dogs will win throughout the year.
Yea they inflate the favs to lure action and give a false sense of security.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
country flag TFan1156

P.S.

I`d like to see the evidence for that 45% dog wins throughout a year. Year after year? Haven`t done the math on it but it sounds like the books would be SOL with any player that figured that out. I tried that for a week once, betting all the dogs and still didnt win.