Free Alan Johnston Petition - kidnapped BBC journalist in Gaza - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #16
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Alan Johnston Petition - kidnapped BBC journalist in Gaza

[quote=PaulHopkins;5224971]I do hope this is not the case and he has been killed However more encouragingly the Palestinian President has claimed he is still alive! [quote]

Yes, I'm well aware, they also say they know who took him. And it's not Israel.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 03:03 AM   #17
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post
Israel did it to bring bad press to the PA... I can never imagine the peace loving Palestinians ever kidnapping someone...
You are totally right. Remember that peace loving Arafat won the Noble Peace Prize. It's high time Israel realizes it is sorrouded by peace loving arab nations and abandons its bullying attitude. Besides, history clearly shows when Jews were in trouble, the rest of the world will help them.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #18
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danton View Post
I think the point Zircofirol was making is this has all gone on for so long both sides has blood on their hands. Journalists should look at all aspects of the story - just because it is less likely to Israeli agents doesn't mean people should ignore the possibility. If they did that then they would be guilty of bigotry against the Palestinians.

It's all part of how silly it's getting now with every religion, country and culture acting angry and offended at the slightest comment they don't like. Effigies are burnt, ambassadors are summoned to apologise and countries products are boycotted - and sometimes innocent people are killed as retribution. It's making everyone afraid to speak and speak the truth, and with that kind of culture we're never going to solve problems and make progress.

No offence intended but you playing the victim is not going to help solve the problem it's just going to hinder the debate and the answer.
I was actually being sarcastic, that journalist is notoriously anti-semitic, the bbc is also blatantly anti-israel, to suggest Israel did it to bring bad press to the palestinians is ridiucluos, especially considering people in palestinian government mentioned Johnston was in good condition, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGeL
the reporter is talking about Israel state, not the jew nation.

I'm jew (not in belief) and I'm totally against the terrorist state of israel and those who support them.
nothing better than a self-righteous, jew hating jew... why is Israel a terrorist state? was it the numerous wars they started? oh wait...

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #19
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new, some cheap assholes again kidnapp somebody... it does not happen enough already, lets do it over and over again... I hope they let him unhurt

Israel is not innocent in the overall case of the situation in that region (and they have admit their blame of the side of the coin and not play the innocents or good ones!)... but with this journalist it is very very very very unlikely and this blogger should not be writing about that at all

RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!

Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #20
country flag danton

danton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond repute

Did you actually read my posts

I have seen no reporting suggesting that Israel did it.
I don't and no one I know has suggested Israel did it.
Your point was if evidence came to light that Israel was involved your comments said if journalists covered this they were automatically being racist.
My point was whether you disagree with the news agency or not they shouldn't ignore evidence for fear or being called racist.
It was a comment about the general state of things - bacause you're right, we are getting biased reporting - because everyone is so afraid of offending everyone else.
danton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogy View Post
Nothing new, some cheap assholes again kidnapp somebody... it does not happen enough already, lets do it over and over again... I hope they let him unhurt

Israel is not innocent in the overall case of the situation in that region (and they have admit their blame of the side of the coin and not play the innocents or good ones!)... but with this journalist it is very very very very unlikely and this blogger should not be writing about that at all
I agree. No country of the middle east is innocent concerning this situation. However, the European media tend to portray Israel as the bad guy ("the terrorist state" as someone said here) and that's ridiculous.

How can we call then Siria and Iran which finance terrorrist groups around the globe? From the Argentine perspective, I should point out that it's proven Iran organized a terrorist attack on Argentine soil. But wait, I forgot, Iran hates the US, so Iran must be the good guy.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #22
country flag danton

danton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond reputedanton has a reputation beyond repute

Right now no one looks good in the middle east - it's such a mess - a vicious circle. I remember Blair trying to solve the Israel/Palestine problem some years ago trying to build his legacy - do you like your legacy now in the Middle East Blair?

But to call Israel a terrorist state the same - label that is used against Iran and Syria is just bonkers.
danton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #23
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6267928.stm

BBC's Gaza correspondent released

BBC correspondent Alan Johnston has been freed by his captors in Gaza after his abduction nearly four months ago.

Television pictures showed Mr Johnston, 45, leaving a building and entering a white car, accompanied by armed men. He said he was tired but in good health.

During his time as a hostage, three videos were released featuring images of Mr Johnston or of his belongings.

Calls were made for his release in rallies worldwide and in an online petition signed by some 200,000 people.

Mr Johnston was handed over to officials of the Hamas administration.

Gunmen from the Palestinian Islamist Hamas movement overran Gaza last month, expelling their rivals from the Fatah faction.

Hamas' military wing had said it would spare no effort to secure the BBC reporter's release.

A previously little-known militant group, the Army of Islam, claimed it was holding Mr Johnston and had released videos demanding the release of Muslim prisoners in British custody.
cath777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote