Web Browser on a PDA - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Web Browser on a PDA

I just got a new Treo 750 today

The speed is good enough for web browsing (3G), but the crappy "Internet Explorer" that came with it refuses to load a lot of good pages

I tried Minimo, it's a version of Firefox for a PDA (but very unlike the real Firefox). It froze the first time I tried to run it , the second time it was better, but also failed to load some of the same sites that Internet Explorer had issues with, and the interface left something to be desired.

Then I tried Opera, I usually don't like Mac (don't tell my IPod please), I must say it was by far the best of the 3, both in picture clarity, page scrolling, speed and most importantly it was loading the pages the other two didn't (except for one page that uses a strange flash).

If you still haven't tried it, I highly recommend doing so

MathLessons.com - When the numbers don't add up
Shahar26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
country flag Louche

Louche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web Browser on a PDA

No iPhone for you?
Louche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web Browser on a PDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louche View Post
No iPhone for you?
I was looking at the iPhone at the store, my main drawback was the lack of 3G, it has WiFi, but 3G is better for me, I don't need a hot-spot and it's fast enough for a Skype call (and web browsing).

The second thing that bothered me about it was the touchscreen keyboard, it's very easy to press a wrong letter because they are very close to one another (especially if you have normal+ size MALE hand).

I really like this Treo, it does almost all the things I want.

MathLessons.com - When the numbers don't add up
Shahar26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote