still in the news: Romania - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #61
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

Further in the news today:
Quote:
ROMANIA
President victorious in impeachment vote
BUCHAREST - Romania's President Traian Basescu easily survived a referendum on his impeachment Saturday with at least 75 percent of the vote for him, according to exit polls showing a victory that he said reflected the popularity of his fight against corruption.

Five parties in parliament banded together last month to suspend Basescu, saying he violated the constitution by usurping the role of the prime minister and criticizing the courts.

Basescu, a staunch U.S. ally who won the presidency in 2004, is credited with helping to implement reforms that helped Romania join the EU on Jan. 1.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #62
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: still in the news: Romania

Basescu was too strong for the other five parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #63
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for him and against the suspension but I`m really starting to hate him.The sad thing is that I`m gonna have to vote for him again in the future elections because there isn`t any viable alternative.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #64
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for his dismissal even if I knew he'd win. but I felt so good when doing it. i dunno why
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #65
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
I voted for his dismissal even if I knew he'd win. but I felt so good when doing it. i dunno why
Funny thing indeed. I voted him in 2004, but now I can stand him. He don't fool me anymore like he does with so many people in this country.

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #66

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from the news: Romania

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...eadlines-world
Quote:
Bear kills American tourist in Romania
From the Associated Press
June 25, 2007

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA — A bear attacked a group of U.S. tourists on a remote trail in the Carpathian Mountains, killing a woman and injuring two other people, authorities said Sunday.

The group of six tourists chased off the bear when it tried to approach them near a cabin about 75 miles north of Bucharest, but the animal reappeared on a trail and attacked about 10 p.m. Saturday.

The bear first attacked a 26-year-old woman. After she fell down and tourists threw stones at the bear, it turned its attention to a man, biting him on the leg.

Even as the group continued to throw stones, the bear then mauled to death a 31-year-old woman.

The woman died of her injuries shortly after the arrival of rescuers, a state news agency reported.

Officials did not disclose the victims' identities or hometowns.

Romania is home to about half of Europe's brown bear population, excluding Russia. Three years ago, two men died after they were attacked by a rabid bear.
Face it, bad news or politics:--the two ways most countries get into most Americans mindset.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Old 06-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #67
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

ah that was in romania ?

well,only an american would have gone so close to the bear. the problem is that the bears are hungry as therer's no more food for them out there in the wood so ...plus it's hot outside and most animals go wild...plus as far as i saw in the news she got too close to the animal i'll keep you updated with the news if u'd like

damn,our country is in the spotlight again

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #68
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

be serious....u gotta be crazy throwing stones at the bear this is ridiculous....they should've run for their lives not mess around with the animal. bears aren't really fluffy and cuddly

and the news makes me go it's such a big deal cos it was a foreigner from a top country. it happened like that when that Japanese guy got bitten by a stray dog
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #69
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_from_Cal View Post

Anybody ?

We have similar government in Poland. Proamerican chieftains, who do not think about Polish society. They treat us as the worse citizens than they are. But why? People gave power for them and people can take it away and don't get them the other chances. We have the same roots. The only worry of them is, how to toady to USA more. And for what? USA needs only troops for their senseless,ruthless wars and nothing more and it gives nothing for Poland. It is time to see and understand it. Polish government noticed in the last time that there is the only real wonder of this world: Polish government is this wonder.
Besides we have similar politics: catastrophic situation of national economy, medical service and likely secret jails of CIA and participation in illegal, american wars. They hate USSR. I don't say that USSR was good, but these people, who rule now finished schools, study without payment, they made doctor thesis, profesorship in time of USSR and they praised USSR in their thesis for amazing good of system. And now, if they say that it was very bad system and all was very bad in them, they should give back their ,,scientific,, degrees because it is very bad too.
It is real shame to be Pole, because of this people, who do not see it what they do. They live in other world.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:13 AM   #70

Regards, no post in particular:
Poverty as a % of the population:
Romania....25% (2005 est.)
Moldova....29.5% (2005 figures)
Serbia......30%
note: data covers the former Serbia and Montenegro (1999 est.)
Bulgaria....14.1% (2003 est.
Ukraine.....29% (2003 est.)
Hungary...8.6% (1993 est.)
^^---so, you can see, my source has very different timed estimates of poverty. In an old edition of the resource, it lists 80% poverty level for Moldova.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Old 07-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #71
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
ah that was in romania ?

well,only an american would have gone so close to the bear. the problem is that the bears are hungry as therer's no more food for them out there in the wood so ...plus it's hot outside and most animals go wild...plus as far as i saw in the news she got too close to the animal i'll keep you updated with the news if u'd like
Not true,she is not the only tourist the bears have attacked.There are plenty of idiots who go and fead the bears.She just got scared because all the people were taking pictures and attacked,that`s what wild animals do.The fact that not more people have died is a miracle.
The poor woman was probably told it`s safe,hell of a way to spend your honeymoon.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote