Federer's ranking discussion - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #61
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer vs Nadal ranking points (First post always updated)

Roger most win more championship, otherwise his NO.1 will be danger.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #62
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Updated after Halle/Queens
BlueSwan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #63
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal was out, it can update. Thankyou~~
Old 06-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #64
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
You guys shouldn't worry so much about the speed of the HC. Fed will always have problems on clay especially against Nadal. Nadal's game and foot work are tailor made for clay and he is simply better than Fed on that surface. Fed's footwork will be a lot better on HC and he will be able to defend his forehand side easily even on a slow surface.

After watching the FO final again, I can say with confidence that he will have less trouble with Nadal's heavy topspin to his backhand. He has definitely made that side a lot more stable. He doesn't have to go for a winner from that side. He just need to hit it deep consistently and he was able to do so during the FO final.
I fully totally completely agree. That's why I'm more confident going into the grass and hc season than the previous years, actually very confident, if he is fit, because the alleged weaker side has been looking so good.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #65
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
I fully totally completely agree. That's why I'm more confident going into the grass and hc season than the previous years, actually very confident, if he is fit, because the alleged weaker side has been looking so good.

I'm not that confident. His conditioning is worse than last year. His game on hot days has been very listless so far. His BH may be better but his serve/fh(the combo that wins him matches) is on and off.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 06-16-2007 at 05:00 PM.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #66
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
I'm not that confident. His conditioning is worse than last year. His game on hot days has been very listless. His BH may be better but his serve/fh(the combo that wins him matches) is on and off.
Have you ever been confident for one second

I'm not sure about his conditioning, and serve, but I was assuming his fh would be back in time, and it doesn't have to be a serve/fh combo...

That said, the thing that I'm worried about is his fitness. If that's not a concern, I really think he will do just fine for the rest of the year.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #67
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how badly he wants to hang on to #1, but if he wants to get in as many weeks as possible, he needs to add some hardcourt optionals like Indy.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #68

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
Have you ever been confident for one second

I'm not sure about his conditioning, and serve, but I was assuming his fh would be back in time, and it doesn't have to be a serve/fh combo...

That said, the thing that I'm worried about is his fitness. If that's not a concern, I really think he will do just fine for the rest of the year.
I mean his serve and fh win him matches, not his bh, even the improved version.

As for confidence, I'd been behaving well. I did not complain during 2007AO/2006 indoor season/2006 USO. Also, unlike some people, I don't make paranoid comments at 0-30 first game - where is your first serve, your f***ing moron, or we need a a spyglass to see your balls.

Where is TenHound? She might know how the global warming is going to affect Wimbledon's weather. ;-)

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 06-16-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #69
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
I'm not that confident. His conditioning is worse than last year. His game on hot days has been very listless so far. His BH may be better but his serve/fh(the combo that wins him matches) is on and off.
There is nothing one can do about injuries. It has been amazing that he has kept himself injury free all these years. Anyway, one can only hope that he keeps himself fit for the rest of the year.
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #70
country flag SUKTUEN

225 point lost, sadddddddddddd
Old 06-17-2007, 07:30 AM   #71
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
I'm not sure how badly he wants to hang on to #1, but if he wants to get in as many weeks as possible, he needs to add some hardcourt optionals like Indy.
I also think that if he wants to hold on to the no 1 spot, it could help if he adds at least one optional before the Montreal/Cincy masters if he's not suffering from any injuries. Not just to get some points but also because after a long break his form is often iffy and he can't afford to lose early in the hc master series.
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #72
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

I think the way Roger sees it is that if he stays fit and on top of his game, noone is going to take away his #1 ranking. Therefore he won't play additional tournaments. Therefore he'll still drop out of Paris if he gets to back-to-back finals in Madrid and Basel. Therefore he might still put in a lacklustre effort in Cincy, if he wins Canada.

And he's right, obviously. If he gets post-RG results like in 2004, 2005 and 2006, he'll stay well ahead of Nadal on the rankings.
BlueSwan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
I think the way Roger sees it is that if he stays fit and on top of his game, noone is going to take away his #1 ranking. Therefore he won't play additional tournaments. Therefore he'll still drop out of Paris if he gets to back-to-back finals in Madrid and Basel. Therefore he might still put in a lacklustre effort in Cincy, if he wins Canada.
He's behind in the race. Before he starts thinking like that, he has to cover the gap in the race.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #74
country flag SUKTUEN

it that update?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #75
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Everything depends on Wimby really, early exit for Rafa (against Qualifer Mahut, for example?? Hey, if Rog can lose to a LL) and Roger is sitting tight.

Assuming that Roger is fit, of course, if he's injured, well. I rather not think about that.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote