The "Thanks for living down to our expectations Andy. Love ya!" clay thread (RG) - Page 118 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:03 AM   #1756
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for living down to our expectations Andy. Love ya!" clay thread (RG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaLoves View Post
I feel sorry for Roger, and I don't care if I'm the only one.

He played like shit though, there isn't any way around that. Nadal went out and was better, he should have won, and did. End story.

So many people dislike Roger for the sake of disliking him. They call him arrogant in the same way they call Andy it. There isn't a reason half the time. The French Open is the only thing he's yet to accomplish. It's the only thing that separates him from being on the same level of Laver.

Of course he refused the interview! He was pissed off and Bud is annoying as hell.

I'm cool with you all not agreeing, but I wanted to get my side out there too. This is Andyland we all only need to like him.
Agreed. There are so many more jerks out there who are arrogant but without a lick of achievement behind them to back it up. I don't feel terribly sorry for him losing because he shouldn't have gone out there and sucked it up. But I wish he had won. I try not to judge Andy entirely on what I see on court and in press conferences because frankly he comes off as arrogant in those, as might Roger. Giving everyone the benefit of the doubt I guess. Besides, if I had completed a career slam, I'd be smug. A lot more smug than Roger ever is. I'd be freakin basking in it, and deservedly so.

Yeah, Bud Collins would be the last man on earth I'd like to talk to after such a painful loss. IMO he has every right to say no, he's pissed as hell at himself. And I don't agree with my mom's "now he nows what it feels like" statement because yeah he does know that frustration but it's not his fault hardly anyone can step up and dish it back at him. Andy takes it like a man, and never has voiced any kind of vindictive feelings of joy when Roger loses. Quite the opposite really.

OK - I'm so done with that speech. Sorry . Best man won today, and I'm happy for Nadal. They're both incredible players.

Last edited by meenyminymo : 06-11-2007 at 04:29 AM.
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #1757
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for living down to our expectations Andy. Love ya!" clay thread (RG)

I was hoping somebody would create a strip in honor of Raga and Roger, but nobody did. So I made one. Hope you like.

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #1758
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute

That hippie pig is hilarious.
NO seeing him in Wimby final. Federdick final all the way
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:19 AM   #1759
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston's Human View Post
I despise Collins with his preening over-familiarity and his non-sensical questions.
He is a Loser.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #1760
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

why do sports journalist ask such dumb questions? "what was it like out there for you?" Thank goodness that wasn't me giving that answer I would have given her more than a stare grrrrrr!
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote