---Chris Guccione Cheering Thread--- - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:09 PM   #121
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ---Chris Guccione Cheering Thread---

He's got a huge advantage, Tsonga is playing Queens qualliess simultaneously and has already played a match there this morning!
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #122

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

It appears that Tsonga has won in three sets, despite already playing a three setter against Goodall at Queens before that...

Tsonga is good though, and he will now play his third match of the day at Queens.
Still don't think ít's a disgrace for Chris.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #123
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
It appears that Tsonga has won in three sets, despite already playing a three setter against Goodall at Queens before that...

Tsonga is good though, and he will now play his third match of the day at Queens.
I haven't seen tsonga but i'm assuming he's a big server? disappointing loss for chris, would of been nice to he had of finished it of after the first set.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #124

Tsonga is the player who played Roddick in the first round of the Aussie Open, 6-7(18) 7-6(2) 6-3 6-3 to Roddick, he showed his ability there. Fairly big server I believe but also decent groundstrokes.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #125
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tsonga is the player who played Roddick in the first round of the Aussie Open, 6-7(18) 7-6(2) 6-3 6-3 to Roddick, he showed his ability there. Fairly big server I believe but also decent groundstrokes.
yeah, i didn't get to see that match. Sounds like he has some talent.

Guccione has Seppi in the 1st round of Queens
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #126

After defeating Seppi I think it's starting to look like he got out of of the slump and is playing well again.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #127
country flag aussie_fan

Guccione lost 6-4, 6-4. I was hoping for a little bit better from him this week.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #128
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeh hes a good player, he took at hewitt with his big serve and his power game, but I think hes more driven than Gooche, if gooche got in shape and worked real hard on his return game, slice and transition game he'd be top 50 right now (at the least), I wonder if hes ever watched any of his matches and seen how Incredibly frustrating he is to his opponents. A left is tough enough, a big server is tough enough, a big net player who is almost impassable is tough enough (Even if he has sh!t volleys as evidenced by Ivo Karlovic), mix all 3 with a great knifing slice (ivos slices are bricks) and an at least average return (again somethin ivo doesnt have but gooch is not too bad at), and the reasonably good volleys...

I just hope his coach sees that, instead of trying to make another andy roddick (i.e. a big guy who lacks endurance, trying to out-rally clay courters)
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #129

Beaten by Jamie Baker (GBR) in the final round of qualifying for Nottingham, in three sets. I think Baker is not bad on grass but not a good looking result.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 06-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #130
country flag aussie_fan

I know Jamie Baker can play on grass and would of had a home advantage but there is no way chris should be losing matches like this on grass. Disgraceful, losing a set 6-1 shouldn't happen.

Hopefully he plays better next week.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #131
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he plays in the main draw as a lucky loser?
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 AM   #132

May not be the easiest match against Bogdanovic tomorrow -- actually I think Boggo will dominate the rallies and may win, and I have gone against Chris as one of my selections...

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 06-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #133

How wrong I was! Solid looking win there, I think he has a pretty shot at Davydenko next round.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:00 AM   #134
country flag aussie_fan

Don't worry, this result completely surprised me as well. Nice to see a good result like this from chris. I think the match against Davydenko will be interesting, hopefully chris can play well.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #135

A disappointing result at Newport where there were obviously chances for him given the weak field. Look at the likes of Dick Norman making a run there.