The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread! - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #241
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Arthurs did very well with his limited game and got the most out of his abilities and if Luczak does the same at the end, then that is a success.

You don't have to like Hernandez, but the facts speak for themselves. Hernandez started the year at 141 and has shown through hard work and persistence he is now around 55 in just over 6 months and with virtually nothing to defend he should make the top 50 at the age of 29. Confidence and a lack of confidence are both very contagious things.

This shows that it's possible for Luczak to get that high as long as he believes he can, has an injury free run and also that he has to win matches on the main tour as Hernandez and Russell have done after having challenger success. I have my doubts he will make the top 50 and expressed so.

I don't feel the need to go around saying what I do or don't do within the tennis world, no need for it. Ok, tell me where I am wrong at the moment with Luczak in concern to his game? Since you think I don't seem to have a clue. Having a different exchange of ideas is fun, but got have something behind it besides hyperbole.

See Hernandez example above of what backing up results means.

You have such a bad attitude, I know that I am not the only one who thinks so. But what ever.
Hernandez results for 2007

CH Chile 1st rd loss
CH Chile SF
Vina ATP RR 1 win 1 loss in RR
Florianapolis CH Win
Acapulco ATP 2nd Rd
CH Italy 1/4
CH Italy S
Valencia ATP 1st rd
Barcelona ATP 1/4
Rome MAsters 2nd rd
Hamburg Masters 2nd rd
And now a good result in French. A good result. He has not always backed up his good results, but if he can do it, why can't Luczak now, But you never answer anyones questions but your own.

Peters challenger results aren't much different this year QF, S, F W W. But really I don't care, cause I don't want to spend more time discussing with someone who thinks they are above everyone anyway.
Great that Pete has the support of you, you are obviously very passionate about tennis. Too bad you are as passionate about yourself aswell.

Have a nice weekend.
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #242
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizz View Post
You have such a bad attitude, I know that I am not the only one who thinks so. But what ever.
Hernandez results for 2007

CH Chile 1st rd loss
CH Chile SF
Vina ATP RR 1 win 1 loss in RR
Florianapolis CH Win
Acapulco ATP 2nd Rd
CH Italy 1/4
CH Italy S
Valencia ATP 1st rd
Barcelona ATP 1/4
Rome MAsters 2nd rd
Hamburg Masters 2nd rd
And now a good result in French. A good result. He has not always backed up his good results, but if he can do it, why can't Luczak now, But you never answer anyones questions but your own.

Peters challenger results aren't much different this year QF, S, F W W. But really I don't care, cause I don't want to spend more time discussing with someone who thinks they are above everyone anyway.
Great that Pete has the support of you, you are obviously very passionate about tennis. Too bad you are as passionate about yourself aswell.

Have a nice weekend.
First of all I don't give a fuck what people think of me. Some people like me and others don't, that is life, next point.

Don't waste your time, then talking to me then, but you can't leave it alone can you? You still want to miss the point?

I will explain it for you in simple terms. I am not saying Hernandez is better than Luczak, just that what Hernandez has done this year is something Luczak can look at and take some inspiration from the fact that guys like he and Russell have done very well at this age, then why can't he, and yes this is the 3rd time I have said that, but you have missed it again and again.

Who qualified for Masters events, who won matches after qualifying for these events? Who won matches at Slams, this is what I want see Luczak being able to do in the near future, but he hasn't done it yet, has he?

To expand on this, if Luczak wins in Furth he won't be too far outside the top 100 and considering where he came from, this is an outstanding achievement. Like I said I want to see him winning matches on the main tour and not be like a Pashanski or a Berlocq having huge success at challenger level and not making the next step.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #243
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Back onto a more important subject is that Peter has made the final of the Fürth Challenger.

He defeated Mertinak 6-1 6-7 6-4 and then he gave Berrer a beatdown 6-3 6-1 and will play the promising Italian Fognini, just keep up the good work and he is number 1 seed in Bytom as well.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #244
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Bytom MD

Peter Luczak AUS [1] vs. Dawid Olejniczak POL [WC]
Oleksandr Dolgopolov Jr. UKR vs. Qualifier
Michal Przysiezny POL vs. Nick Lindahl AUS
Andis Juska LAT vs. Christophe Rochus BEL [5]

Boris Pashanski SRB [4] vs. Franco Ferreiro BRA
Diego Junqueira ARG vs. Grega Zemlja SLO
Andre Ghem BRA vs. Qualifier
Mateusz Szmigiel POL [WC] vs. Santiago Ventura ESP [8]

Paolo Lorenzi ITA [7] vs. Rogerio Dutra Silva BRA
Marc Fornell ESP vs. Brian Dabul ARG
Fabio Fognini ITA vs. Alexandre Sidorenko FRA
Mariusz Fyrstenberg POL [WC] vs. Julio Silva BRA [3]

Daniel Köllerer AUT [6] vs. Hugo Armando USA
Grzegorz Panfil POL [WC] vs. Simone Vagnozzi ITA
Qualifier vs. Viktor Troicki SRB
Qualifier vs. Bruno Echagaray MEX [2]

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #245
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

With the win at Fuerth he is now closing in on the top-100 at about 105th place.

His best challenger win this year, the field was pretty good here.
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:13 AM   #246
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yes, Peter has reached a career high of 105 and the promised land isn't too far away of the top 100.

Good luck in Bytom.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #247
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Great week at furth, to bump up his ranking to 105 is a huge help. Hopefully, another good week in poland this week.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:06 AM   #248
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Peter won his 1st round match in Bytom comfortably 7-5 6-1 and will now play Menendez in the next round.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #249
country flag christopherhello

christopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond reputechristopherhello has a reputation beyond repute

wat result does Luczak need in Bytome to crack the Top 100 and maybe leapfrog Guccione?
christopherhello is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #250
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

to get into top 100 he needs another 50 points, so he really needs to win in Bytom, but he has the 2 challengers in Kazakhstan to work with aswell. Main thing is the he get's into 100 before the cut of US open.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #251
country flag zizz

Peter won his 2nd rd match 63 76. That gives him 13 points

Points in Bytom

1st rd 0
2nd 5
1/4 13
Semi F 24
Final 38
Winner 55
Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #252
country flag zizz

Luczak bt Rochus. Nice to see him in yet another semifinal.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #253
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting to see what he does next week. He has every reason in the world to take a week's break, but he is on the entry list for Almaty and will have to make a long journey to get there and it seems unlikely that he has anything to gain by going there.
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:43 AM   #254
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Luczak now plays Salva-Vidal the friend of Nadal and if he gets through that he would play either Fognini or Vagnozzi in the final.

Note, if Peter makes the final here he should make the top 100. Hope the local crowd get behind him and he can continue his good run.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #255
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Peter can win his semi and get very close to getting inside the top 100
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote