The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread! - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2007, 05:20 AM   #226
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

Blown chance by Luczak for sure, that last set was strange as well losing 6-1. He is one of the fittest guys around, so it must have been a mental breakdown.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 AM   #227
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_fan View Post
That loss is absolutey heartbreaking, had of he won he would given himself a huge chance to do really well here and get himself closer to that top 100. I think he's playing a couple of clay court challengers before wimby quailies, hopefully he can go well in those.
just looked at the entry list for wimby quailies and he's not even on it! He's skipping, disappointing.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 AM   #228
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just looked at the entry list for wimby quailies and he's not even on it! He's skipping, disappointing.
Not at all. It's smart and a practical decision to do so.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #229
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Not at all. It's smart and a practical decision to do so.
It might be, but i just hate when players skip Wimby quailies because they don't like grass. The fact that the chance to try and qualify for a grand slam should be enough reason to try.

I agree it makes sense but it's still disappointing that he's not trying.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #230
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
It might be, but i just hate when players skip Wimby quailies because they don't like grass. The fact that the chance to try and qualify for a grand slam should be enough reason to try.

I agree it makes sense but it's still disappointing that he's not trying.
Think about it. RG is the Slam apart from the AO is the one he has the best chance of doing the best in, so all his energies were focused on this goal, but he fucked up.

He can't play every week and the challengers are the best chance for him to get into the top 100. If he turned up to play Wimbledon qualies it would be a waste of time on the overall scheme of things.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #231
country flag aussie_fan

Quote:
Think about it. RG is the Slam apart from the AO is the one he has the best chance of doing the best in, so all his energies were focused on this goal, but he fucked up.

He can't play every week and the challengers are the best chance for him to get into the top 100. If he turned up to play Wimbledon qualies it would be a waste of time on the overall scheme of things.
i agree with you that it's the sensible thing to do but i don't know, if i was a tennis player and i was in luzcak's position, to just give myself a chance to qualify for Wimby would be just enough to go and try, it's not like it's too out of the way or anything. I would rank trying to get into a gs higher than my ranking, that's not very smart though.

His main goal is top 100 so he's doing everything right. He's making the right choice, no question. It's just my love for Wimby, i guess, trying to get as many aussies possible in, even though it would of been an incredibly tough ask.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #232
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
i agree with you that it's the sensible thing to do but i don't know, if i was a tennis player and i was in luzcak's position, to just give myself a chance to qualify for Wimby would be just enough to go and try, it's not like it's too out of the way or anything. I would rank trying to get into a gs higher than my ranking, that's not very smart though.

His main goal is top 100 so he's doing everything right. He's making the right choice, no question. It's just my love for Wimby, i guess, trying to get as many aussies possible in, even though it would of been an incredibly tough ask.
Well Luczak hates playing on grass, he always has and he always will and if he got in direct then he'd play, if not, then no real point in him playing Wimbledon, though of course it would be good if he played, but understandable as to why he didn't.

The break will be good for him and then there are the summer clay events and as well and he will try and qualify for those mixed in with some challengers.

His main goal should be now direct entry into the Aus Open for 2008.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #233
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blown chance by Luczak for sure, that last set was strange as well losing 6-1. He is one of the fittest guys around, so it must have been a mental breakdown.
Being there and watching the match it was very dissapointing. He lost complete concentration after winning the 2 first sets. Almost as if he thought he had already won. And when then Bjorkman stepped up his game, Luczak seemed to find it hard to find his focus again. But this is what it is all about, getting to play these big matches and getting used to 5 setters and playing the big arenas. Give it a few more months and I think we can see luczak doing some damage on the ATP tour and not only at challenger level.
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #234
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

Peter won against Victor Crivoi in Furth Challenger. Hopefully moving a step closer to US open maindraw
Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #235
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizz View Post
Being there and watching the match it was very dissapointing. He lost complete concentration after winning the 2 first sets. Almost as if he thought he had already won. And when then Bjorkman stepped up his game, Luczak seemed to find it hard to find his focus again. But this is what it is all about, getting to play these big matches and getting used to 5 setters and playing the big arenas. Give it a few more months and I think we can see luczak doing some damage on the ATP tour and not only at challenger level.
He said he already thought about being in the 2nd round before finishing the job and then it was too late for him. He has played enough big matches and 5 setters at the Aus Open, but he is too nice on court sometimes and has failed to take chances when they have been on offer.

I have watched enough of Luczak to know what the main problems with his game are. I think you are overrating him saying he can do damage on the tour level, he can win some matches, but damage isn't something he is capable of. His main goal will be top 100 at the end of the year and he should be able to achieve this barring injury or illness.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #236
country flag zizz

Quote:
He said he already thought about being in the 2nd round before finishing the job and then it was too late for him. He has played enough big matches and 5 setters at the Aus Open, but he is too nice on court sometimes and has failed to take chances when they have been on offer.

I have watched enough of Luczak to know what the main problems with his game are. I think you are overrating him saying he can do damage on the tour level, he can win some matches, but damage isn't something he is capable of. His main goal will be top 100 at the end of the year and he should be able to achieve this barring injury or illness.
Dear GeorgeWHitler
It is nice to see that you possess such insight and knowledge about his game that you know best.. And what would you say that those main problems are? That he is too nice on court sometimes, true. That he loses focus, also true. I am not saying that he will be the next big thing, but most players aren't and it is funny that you know better than other players on the tour that rate him as a top 50 player. Working at many tournaments around europe and the states I hear what players say about eachother and they rate him. Peter has already reached a semi final beating Gonzales on the way. What is it about you that makes you know better? And what do you consider damage? I believe that Luczak can do well on the ATP tour, by that I don't mean that he will win tournament after tournament, but I mean that he will be a player who maybe wouldn't be your first pick to play. He has a some great wins in his career and I believe that there are many to come. Remember that Wayne Arthurs for an example played for over 10 years, being in the top 50 for a long time, but didn't win a single title all thise years until almost at the end of his career. Luczaks best play comes out on slow to medium slow surfaces, both hardcourt and clay, and when all is right I don't see why he can't do damage. But thank you for taking the chair of god almighty and informing me of his capability.

Have fun supporting a player you don't believe in all the way!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #237
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Dear GeorgeWHitler
It is nice to see that you possess such insight and knowledge about his game that you know best.. And what would you say that those main problems are? That he is too nice on court sometimes, true. That he loses focus, also true. I am not saying that he will be the next big thing, but most players aren't and it is funny that you know better than other players on the tour that rate him as a top 50 player.
I back my judgement and if he makes the top 50, then that would be a fantastic achievement and I for one would be very happy and proud of him, if he did it and it won't be through a lack of effort, but he needs to show some results on the main tour and some decent events before I'd consider revising my call. At the same time there are players that have overachieved in relation to ability, doesn't always mean it's going to be the case.

Quote:
Working at many tournaments around europe and the states I hear what players say about eachother and they rate him. Peter has already reached a semi final beating Gonzales on the way. What is it about you that makes you know better? And what do you consider damage? I believe that Luczak can do well on the ATP tour, by that I don't mean that he will win tournament after tournament, but I mean that he will be a player who maybe wouldn't be your first pick to play. He has a some great wins in his career and I believe that there are many to come.
Yes, I know about that Costa do Sauipe result and that was one result. It takes more than one result and he hasn't been able to build on that for a variety of reasons.

You are the one who started the damage thing, not me, so it's irrelevant what I think is damage? If Peter can be ranked in between 60-100, then he has done very well and he should be able to get into most of the events he wants, but would require a few semis and quarters at tour level or keep winning challengers, it's not easy to make that consistent transition, but since you work at all these events, then you'd know this.

Quote:
Remember that Wayne Arthurs for an example played for over 10 years, being in the top 50 for a long time, but didn't win a single title all thise years until almost at the end of his career. Luczaks best play comes out on slow to medium slow surfaces, both hardcourt and clay, and when all is right I don't see why he can't do damage. But thank you for taking the chair of god almighty and informing me of his capability.
Different kinds of players, different circumstances with Arthurs and Luczak, especially in relation to their games. If you wanted to make a comparison then why didn't you use Michael Russell or Oscar Hernandez instead? These guys game wise and mentality wise have more in common with Luczak and have had their best results at relatively late ages and this is something Peter is capable of doing.

I think I know what his best surface is and how he plans his schedule around playing on clay and Luczak could take heed from Hernandez who has been winning matches on tour in addition to challengers at the start of the year. he is as capable as him, but not everything works out as it should or how we'd like it to be.

Why the need to tell me that you worked at all these events? By this admission I could say most tennis journalists do a good job, just cause they cover tennis, when that's not the case. Leave it out and just type your opinions.

Quote:
Have fun supporting a player you don't believe in all the way!
Who was here doing translations of articles and when Luczak was going crap? That's right, facts are I am realistic when it comes to players that I like. If they get good results then that's a bonus, if not, doesn't mean I am going to stop supporting them.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #238
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with GeorgeWHitler. Peter is doing some smart scheduling. By skipping Wimbledon, Luczak is hoping to (and IMO will) improve his ranking enough to gain direct entrance into the main draw of the US Open...a tournament at which he could consolidate his ranking. Good thinking Looch!!
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #239
country flag zizz

True, Arthurs and Luczak are two very different players but with one thing in common and that is that they both make their best results on one surface, Arthurs grass and Luczak clay (and slow hardcourt)
Funny you mention Hernandez who Peter have beaten on clay, only just last year if memory serves me right. Unlucky that Peter lost to russel last year of qualies, a match I was wathing. Russel have done a great job and he is a great work horse. Don't have a great oppinion of hi Oscar, sorry, no the biggest fan.
Anyway, i base some of my opinions on watching a lot of tennis matches at the tournements I have worked at for the last few years, you like you build your opinions on what ever, I actually don't care. You can have your opinion, I just think it's funny how you always attack people and firmly seem to believe that you know the best about every player.

Reagrding the result on Making sami's and following it up. Well afterwards he made 2nd round Munich losing to Nalbandian, after that he made a couple of 2nd round losses. 2st round in FO wfter takikng a set of Robredo. But you know him so well so surely you know of his results.
Over n' out
Zizz
Old 06-08-2007, 05:49 AM   #240
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
True, Arthurs and Luczak are two very different players but with one thing in common and that is that they both make their best results on one surface, Arthurs grass and Luczak clay (and slow hardcourt)
Arthurs did very well with his limited game and got the most out of his abilities and if Luczak does the same at the end, then that is a success.

Quote:
Funny you mention Hernandez who Peter have beaten on clay, only just last year if memory serves me right. Unlucky that Peter lost to russel last year of qualies, a match I was wathing. Russel have done a great job and he is a great work horse. Don't have a great oppinion of hi Oscar, sorry, no the biggest fan.
You don't have to like Hernandez, but the facts speak for themselves. Hernandez started the year at 141 and has shown through hard work and persistence he is now around 55 in just over 6 months and with virtually nothing to defend he should make the top 50 at the age of 29. Confidence and a lack of confidence are both very contagious things.

This shows that it's possible for Luczak to get that high as long as he believes he can, has an injury free run and also that he has to win matches on the main tour as Hernandez and Russell have done after having challenger success. I have my doubts he will make the top 50 and expressed so.

Quote:
Anyway, i base some of my opinions on watching a lot of tennis matches at the tournements I have worked at for the last few years, you like you build your opinions on what ever, I actually don't care. You can have your opinion, I just think it's funny how you always attack people and firmly seem to believe that you know the best about every player.
I don't feel the need to go around saying what I do or don't do within the tennis world, no need for it. Ok, tell me where I am wrong at the moment with Luczak in concern to his game? Since you think I don't seem to have a clue. Having a different exchange of ideas is fun, but got have something behind it besides hyperbole.

Quote:
Reagrding the result on Making sami's and following it up. Well afterwards he made 2nd round Munich losing to Nalbandian, after that he made a couple of 2nd round losses. 2st round in FO wfter takikng a set of Robredo. But you know him so well so surely you know of his results.
See Hernandez example above of what backing up results means.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1