The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread! - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #211
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

If Luczak doesn't get the WC for RG, then it's nothing short of a disgrace. Lets be honest, he has been out there working his arse off and getting the results at the moment.

He has withdrawn from the San Remo Challenger and that's a good move.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #212
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

luczak got the fo wc well deserved too...

now for a kind draw
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #213
bad gambler

Hopefully he can make most of the opportunity
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #214
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

i hope he gets Guccione first up i really want him to wollop that guy
Old 05-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #215
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
i hope he gets Guccione first up i really want him to wollop that guy
Now that would be interesting

BTW I'd go for Luczak
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #216
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

There are some really nice photos of Peter and his son on the tennis australia website, also a really cute photo of Sebastian (peters son) and Peters coach, Shannon Nettle.

www.tennis.com.au

they can be found on the main page, if you scroll down to where they show latest photos.
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:00 AM   #217
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Nettle has given up playing the game it seems and good that Looch got his WC and the only right decision.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-20-2007, 02:13 AM   #218
country flag OZTENNIS

Wow, the whole Peter Luczak - Shannon Nettle arrangement is working really well then...

Do u think Luczak will crack top 100 this year?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #219
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope he cracks the top 100 this year! Fingers crossed for the French Open!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 PM   #220
country flag zizz

Here is an article from Australian newspaper "The Age"

Michael Coulter
May 20, 2007

PETER Luczak is happy to admit he's not your average Australian tennis player. It's not that he doesn't enjoy talking footy or playing cards with the lads, but that he relishes the surface that Australians have been raised to fear and despise — the red earth of Europe's claycourts.

Luczak has been in sparkling form on the clay Challengers circuit, making at least the semi-finals of his past three tournaments and lifting his ranking to 128 in the world. His results were rewarded last week with a wildcard into the French Open.

"I'm very excited," Luczak said from Sweden, where he lives with his wife, Katarina, and son, Sebastian. "If you'd asked me a couple of months ago I would have said I had no chance, so it's a really good thing."

The 27-year-old Luczak was born in Warsaw but learned his trade on the en tout cas courts of Melbourne, which he believes gave him a feel for the style of game required on clay.

"In the past you'd see an Australian in the draw, you'd go yes, unreal, I get to play the Aussie on the clay. But we're trying to change that around," Luczak said. "I guess clay's probably my favourite surface and I feel most comfortable on it. It just suits my game style. I've got a pretty heavy forehand and it gives me a bit more time to set up.

"I like it when you can be in a match. I don't mind when they go for more than three hours, I try to use my fitness as one of my strengths. Also on clay you never feel you're out of a match, even if you're two breaks down, you can work back into a match. On a fast hardcourt you're a break down and it can be curtains."

This will be Luczak's second time in the main draw at Roland Garros and he is hopeful of bettering his first-round loss in 2005. Having said that, he knows a lot depends on the draw, with the ultimate nightmare being a round-one match against Spaniard Rafael Nadal.

Regardless of what happens next week, Luczak's motivation is as strong as ever and he believes he has his best chance yet to break into the top 100 in the next few months.

Part of that is due to a spot in the Australian Institute of Tennis program in London and the advantage of having a travelling coach, and part due to a settled domestic scene and the change in perspective that comes with fatherhood. "You know that when you're on the tennis court it's not the end of the world if you lose the match," he said.

"You're probably a bit more relaxed, but at the same time you're pretty motivated to do well for the little bugger.

"I was a little bit unlucky last year. I was playing some pretty good tennis but I got pneumonia at this time last year and was out of action for a couple of months, then me and my wife had a baby as well.

"Now everything's sort of come together. The coaching's definitely helped — for me it's just the motivation, having someone there. Sometimes when you're in a place on your own in the middle of nowhere, it's tough to get fired up and into a match. If things are going wrong it gets a little bit tough, you just want to get out of there.

"Having a base in Europe does make a difference. I try to play most of my tennis on the clay, and before I'd come over for … even six months, and it's not easy just living out of a suitcase. If you're travelling for six months, the last three or four weeks you're just so mentally drained there's no point playing tournaments.

"Right now I'm really motivated. I love playing tennis and I love competing in tournaments and it keeps me going. I get texts from mates saying 'you're one lucky bastard to be playing tennis while we're grinding away in the office'. It's sometimes good to get those and realise how lucky you are."
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #221
country flag zizz

Peter has drawn Swede Jonas Björkman 1st rd French Open. Not so bad, hopefully he can make it to the next round.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #222
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Bjorkman is the perfect opponent for him and just hope he takes his chances.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #223
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Lost from 2-0 up in sets, must be a demoralising blow to Peter.
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #224
country flag Lisbeth
SammySammySammy OiOiOi

Lisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond reputeLisbeth has a reputation beyond repute

Lisbeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:15 AM   #225
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

That loss is absolutey heartbreaking, had of he won he would given himself a huge chance to do really well here and get himself closer to that top 100. I think he's playing a couple of clay court challengers before wimby quailies, hopefully he can go well in those.
aussie_fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote