NRL Round 10 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #46
country flag xcrap

xcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NRL Round 10

knock on over the line.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #47
country flag mercurial

mercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond repute

Lost control in grounding the ball.
mercurial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #48
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another farsical performance from Wayne Bennett at the post match presser ... Even the most senior journalists in the business are like quivering cadets when 'darth vader' takes his place at the table nowadays .. It's with complete arrogance and disdain that he treats the media .. Legitimate questions about football and players' performances he refuses to take seriously or treat the person asking the question as a professional .. His time has well and truly come ...

Oh and then there's the crap football his team is playing as well ...
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #49
country flag xcrap

xcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond repute

cant blame the guy, his team is looking down the barrell of the wooden spoon

the punter who put 1500 dollars on broncos for the wooden spoon @ 56 when he heard brisbane could be docked points for salary cap breaches must be licking his lips.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #50
bad gambler

Broncs won't get the spoon, far from it.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #51
country flag xcrap

interesting the bulldogs are taking their home game to suncorp next week against the cowboys.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM   #52
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrap View Post
cant blame the guy, his team is looking down the barrell of the wooden spoon
That's no excuse for belittling someone purely on the basis of their profession .. I've been a huge fan of Wayne Bennett over the years as a fan of the Broncos but over the past couple of months I've seen what this bloke is really all about ... and it's not pleasant for anyone .. Bottom line is he's looking old and tired and must be a massive burden for the Broncos from a PR point of view .. Always thought this guy could see the bigger picture in terms of the Rugby League, but his behaviour in terms of shutting himself away from everyone indicates quite the opposite ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #53
country flag xcrap

Yeah they show his part of the post match interview on the news, he was very rude... " im not going to tell you"

but hey thats wayne, he has always been like that, i dont know why youre surprised .. he hates the media, he likes to give 1 worded answers, he never smiles, thats him. even during origin when he was coach he never even promoted the event.

Last edited by xcrap : 05-21-2007 at 03:03 PM.
xcrap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #54
country flag breadman7

breadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion is this. The guy is an absolute living legend. He has done more for rugby league than any other guy I know of. On top of that the unsung work he has done for the kids and the under priveledge is enormous including the work for charity. I think the main reason he hates the media so much is they always misqoute him and are always negative to him and I mean right from the beginning. No other coach will ever last as long as he has done at 1 team in any sport all over the world, now is that saying something for him or what??? You dont stay at 1 club for the amount of time that this guy has and survive what he has been through, the tough times and the good times. Whenever I have had the chance to talk to him he has been more than willing and has never brushed anyone that I know of that has wanted to chat to him whether it be for a autograph or a question. Just when there are cameras and reporters involved he thinks why talk to them because what he says will ALWAYS be misquoted the next day in the papers. Cheers.

Seeya next year Blue boys for another beating
breadman7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 AM   #55
country flag Rosco

Rosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond repute

Just an outsiders opinion who has never met Wayne (or any top level coach in rugby league) I have found it very interesting to watch the after game press conferences that FOX now televise during monday night footy. All the coaches have a different way of dealing with the media but most seem to accept that they are a neccessary evil they must face. Degrading and being rude to the press has not helped Wayne but maybe that's what he wants. I can remember him running and hiding from the press when he returned from overseas one year after the Aussie team lost.(They won't chase you if you don't run!) If he doesn't want to be misquoted or taken the wrong way then all he needs to do is send the assistant coach or media guy? But from a fans perspective.....if my team is not performing I want to know why.....and the man with the plan SHOULD be the coach. So he (or one day a SHE) should show some leadership and face the questions with valour! OR step aside and let someone else take the controls (AKA Eddie Jones and the REDS)!

Just a Fans thoughts!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 AM   #56
country flag Rosco

Rosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadman7 View Post
My opinion is this. The guy is an absolute living legend. He has done more for rugby league than any other guy I know of. On top of that the unsung work he has done for the kids and the under priveledge is enormous including the work for charity. I think the main reason he hates the media so much is they always misqoute him and are always negative to him and I mean right from the beginning. No other coach will ever last as long as he has done at 1 team in any sport all over the world, now is that saying something for him or what??? You dont stay at 1 club for the amount of time that this guy has and survive what he has been through, the tough times and the good times. Whenever I have had the chance to talk to him he has been more than willing and has never brushed anyone that I know of that has wanted to chat to him whether it be for a autograph or a question. Just when there are cameras and reporters involved he thinks why talk to them because what he says will ALWAYS be misquoted the next day in the papers. Cheers.
Tommy Lasorda at the Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) might have him covered?

Regarded by many as baseball's most popular ambassador, Tommy Lasorda begins his 57th season in the Dodger organization and second as Special Advisor to the Chairman. He was named Vice President in 1996 after retiring as manager, a position he held for the previous 20 seasons

Last edited by Rosco : 05-22-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Rosco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 AM   #57
country flag breadman7

breadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond reputebreadman7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
Just an outsiders opinion who has never met Wayne (or any top level coach in rugby league) I have found it very interesting to watch the after game press conferences that FOX now televise during monday night footy. All the coaches have a different way of dealing with the media but most seem to accept that they are a neccessary evil they must face. Degrading and being rude to the press has not helped Wayne but maybe that's what he wants. I can remember him running and hiding from the press when he returned from overseas one year after the Aussie team lost.(They won't chase you if you don't run!) If he doesn't want to be misquoted or taken the wrong way then all he needs to do is send the assistant coach or media guy? But from a fans perspective.....if my team is not performing I want to know why.....and the man with the plan SHOULD be the coach. So he (or one day a SHE) should show some leadership and face the questions with valour! OR step aside and let someone else take the controls (AKA Eddie Jones and the REDS)!

Just a Fans thoughts!
I think Benny has a slighlty better record than Eddie Coaches themselves have to attend press conferences, you are not allowed to send other speakers unless ofcoarse I would imagine if you were unwell in some way.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 AM   #58
country flag breadman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
Tommy Lasorda at the Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) might have him covered?

Regarded by many as baseball's most popular ambassador, Tommy Lasorda begins his 57th season in the Dodger organization and second as Special Advisor to the Chairman. He was named Vice President in 1996 after retiring as manager, a position he held for the previous 20 seasons
Talking about coaches here NOT managers. One that did come to mind though would be Sir Alex for Man utd. But I was more or less getting a point across Rosco. Im sure that there probably are some coaches that have lasted longer than Benny but defiantly not in League. Cheers Breadman.