MLB Friday - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default MLB Friday

Oh yeah baby...big win on the D-Rays courtesy of Delmon Young. I have been a bit cold lately after a huge hot streak but like I said before, I have not been focusing hard enough on bases and have been making most of my cash on tennis. Anyways, the weekend is pretty much reserved for baseball and because I am a degenerate who can't stay away from daytime games, here is my huge selection for this afternoon's game:

CHICAGO CUBS ML -136

I am going to try and keep this as simple as possible. I know Mark Buehrle has pitched well for the most part of this season and I know that he has beat the Cubs in the past. However, how can anyone betting on the White Sox in this game overlook the fact that Buehrle was eaten alive the last time he pitched at Wirgley, allowing something like 10 ER's in 5 innings of work. That was also the last time these two teams played each other in 2006 and now we resume the series with yet Buehrle on the mound again. From a psychological point of view, that loss must still be fresh on his mind because I don't know that he's had a more damaging loss than that as a major league starter. 10 runs is a lot and it also means that this Cubs offense has his number. The White Sox have lost their last two games at Wrigley when Buehrle is the starting pitcher which is why I don't understand anyone backing him here. I know the Sox are 2-1 in his last three starts but in those starts he allowed 23 hits with an ERA of 5.00 and a WHIP of 1.67. Those are not the kind of numbers you want coming into this game. On the other side of the mound is Cubs lefty Ted Lilly who has been quite the pleasant surprise for this team. Lilly has pitched some pretty damn good games as of late and the team is 2-1 in his last three starts. In those three starts his ERA is 3.10 and his WHIP is an impressive 1.08. What this game really comes down to is the White Sox inability to hit effectively off left handed pitchers. The Sox are hitting only .199 versus lefties this season and that's about as bad as it gets in the major leagues. After losing in dramatic fashion against the Mets yesterday, this is definitely a Cubs team that could use another good pitching performance just to let the offense get going. I don't know what it is with Buehrle but the Sox have won just once in the last 6 games where he is the starter for Game 1 of a series which could be purely coincidental but I do know that some pitchers don't react well to tone setting games like this one. When he got rocked here last year, it was in a rubber match for the series and the Chicago bragging rights and look what happened to Buehrle. The Cubs are not exactly lefty killers either but I think they have a pitching edge in the matchup today and I am not impressed by the White Sox offense when Buehrle pitches because in his last three starts, they have provided him with only 3.7 runs of offense per start. I know they are 6-1 when he starts this season but that can't last forever and I think his misfortunes of the 10 ER's from the last time these two teams met are going to be too much for Buehrle to overcome and the Cubs are going to come at him hard in this one. The Cubbies took a rough one last night but Ted Lilly has been very good and the Cubs are going to bounce back for the huge win. The table is set boys now serve me some CASH FUCKIN MONEY DINNER!

Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MLB Friday

Alright here is a bit more on today's lineups:

Chicago White Sox

Darin Erstad - 1 for 17 lifetime versus Ted Lilly
Pablo Ozuna - Hitting .250 on the road this season
Jermaine Dye - 1 for 7 lifetime versus Ted Lilly
Paul Konerko - Hitting .138 versus lefties this season
Tahadito Iguchi - 1 for 5 lifetime versus Ted Lilly
Joe Crede - Hitting .192 versus lefties this season
Juan Uribe - Hitting .197 in 71 career AB's versus Cubs
Toby Hall - Coming off the DL, first AB of the year
Mark Buehrle - 2 for 25 in his career at the plate

Chicago Cubs

Ryan Theriot - Hitting .300 in his career versus lefties
Angel Pagan - 5 for 13 versus lefties this season (2 HR's)
Alfonso Soriano - Hitting .317 at Wrigley Field this season
Aramis Ramirez - Hitting .338 in his career versus White Sox
Michael Barrett - 5 for 13 lifetime versus Mark Buehrle
Mark DeRosa - 6 for 15 lifetime versus Mark Buehrle
Matt Murton - Hitting .318 in his career versus lefties
Ceasar Izturis - Hitting .357 in the month of May
Ted Lilly - Makes contact when needed. Struck out only 20 times in 41 career AB's
Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Look for the Tigers to pound the Redbirds this weekend. They want revenge for the World Series and the Cards just arent very good this year. Should be a massacre in DetRIOT.
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
country flag callitasicit

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
Look for the Tigers to pound the Redbirds this weekend. They want revenge for the World Series and the Cards just arent very good this year. Should be a massacre in DetRIOT.
I really hope you're wrong on this one. I think the Cards will win tonight, Looper is on the mound and he is the only pitcher on this team that is effective. Maybe the Cards need a dose of the Tigers to get it going!
callitasicit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute

season: 19-14; -3,00 units

DET @1,85 4 units
CLE -1,5 @2,05 7 units
FLA over 10,5 @2,00 6 units
PIT @1,70 5 units
tiptopdaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #6
country flag Mistaflava

Do it, goin do it, goin do it do it do it. Alright, time for another baseball winner because the Cubs ran some magic this afternoon and I think it's going to carryover to the weekend and possibly be another huge weekend for me. I love inter-league play because I think certain teams have advantages and certain guys play better in this setting. I also wanted the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight but opted for this play. Alright, I might have a late play on something as well. LETS GO:

CLEVELAND INDIANS ML -196

This is not going to be a popular choice because of the price tage but this is one of the games I was willing to bet on at anything less than -200 and the oddsmakers hooked me up with a nice line here. On the mound for the red hot Indians tonight is Cliff Lee. The last three seasons, these teams have met several times and the Indians have won all three games he has started against the Reds. Kyle Lohse is back in the American League and believe me when I say that this is a worst case scenario for him. He was horrendous when he pitched for the Twins and now he is back to face guys who have haunted him for years. Lohse kicked off the year with some great pitching but in recent week he has taken a turn for the worse and I will glady fade him now that NL batters know what this clown is all about. In his last three starts, the Reds have gone 0-3 and Lohse has allowed 23 hits in 17.1 innings of work with an ERA of 6.23 and a WHIP of 1.79. Now if that isn't asking for a beating from this Indians lineup, I don't really know what is. The Indians bats are hitting .294 at home versus right handed pitchers and Lohse is pretty much screwed. Cliff Lee on the other hand has pitched well in recent starts going 1-0 in his last three starts with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.25. What I like the most about the Indians tonight is that they score 6.0 runs per game in Lee's last three starts while Kyle Lohse has received only 2.7 runs of support per game in his last three starts. Now that is not gonna win games for these guys. Cincinnati is a pathetic 3-13 in their last 16 road games versus a left handed pitcher, they are also 0-5 in Lohse's last five starts versus a team with a winning record. The Indians are one of the best teams in the bigs this season and they are 25-6 in their last 31 home games versus a right handed pitcher and they are an impressive 9-0 in Cliff Lee's last nine inter-league starts. If you guys are not fans of heavy chalk, the the -1 or -1.5 RL's because there is no doubt the Indians are going to win this game by a lot. Lee is the best inter-league pitcher in recent years and like I said before, I am about to make some money on him regardless of the price. I see some candy on the table and I expect the Indians to feed me some CASH FUCKIN MONEY BABY!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #7
country flag Mistaflava

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 05-19-2007, 04:06 AM   #8
country flag callitasicit

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by callitasicit View Post
I really hope you're wrong on this one. I think the Cards will win tonight, Looper is on the mound and he is the only pitcher on this team that is effective. Maybe the Cards need a dose of the Tigers to get it going!
Boy was I wrong! The Cards really do stink this year! I won't side with them until they show me some consistency.
callitasicit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #9
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
Man i hate being right in this case but even Stevie Wonder saw this coming.
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #10
country flag Nitefaery

Nitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond repute

no wagering for me today but damn boys.. nice job
Nitefaery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute

for Saturday:

BOS - ATL over 9,5 @1,90 6 units
CLE - CIN over 5,5 after 5 Innings @1,90 6 units
TB - FLA over 10 @2,00 7 units
tiptopdaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #12
country flag tiptopdaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptopdaisy View Post
season: 19-14; -3,00 units

DET @1,85 4 units
CLE -1,5 @2,05 7 units
FLA over 10,5 @2,00 6 units
PIT @1,70 5 units
BOS - ATL over 9,5 @1,90 6 units
CLE - CIN over 5,5 after 5 Innings @1,90 6 units
TB - FLA over 10 @2,00 7 units
season: 25-15; +21,05 units