MLB Thursday - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default MLB Thursday

Okay so I lost on the Red Sox the other night but I guess that was a bad bet. I won six straight tennis bets to keep my money flow going and now that tennis is done for the day, its back to betting bases and let me tell you that for one of the first times this year, I am going to take advantage of the special lines offered by Pinnacle. Here it is:

MINNESOTA TWINS ML -129

I just don't see the Twins getting swept in this series. These two teams had five different series against each other last season and not once did one team sweep the other team. I know anything can happen and I know trends like that don't go very far but that trend shows how competitive this series can be and I have no doubt in my mind that the Indians come out and get Johan Santana a win today. In case you didn't know by now, Santana is on the mound this afternoon and the Twins have now lost 3 of the last 4 games he has started. It would be easy for the square bettor to once again take the Indians as underdogs here because of the pitching matchup but let me tell you right now that this situation is very different than the matchup last year when the same two pitchers were on the mound in the very same ballpark and the Indians won that game. If you base yourself on that game alone, you're in big trouble. Johan Santana has not always enjoyed pitching in this park but he should enjoy it to some degree because he is 7-3 lifetime versus the Indians with an ERA of 3.21 and a WHIP of 1.08 while holding the Indians to a batting average of only .217. You have to also consider that as well as the Indians have played this season, they are batting only .202 versus left handed pitchers at home this season and Santana is probably the best lefty in the game of baseball right now. Santana has also always been a much more effective pitcher in daytime games which is why I don't have a problem paying this price to wager on him. I know the Twins have struggled badly in the last week or so but their fortunes are bound to change and they have hit .277 in their last 10 games which is not bad at all and which is encouraging to know because one of these days, those runs are going to start cashing in for them. Carmona is a good pitcher but he has struggled at home this season going 1-1 with an ERA of 4.97 and WHIP of 1.34 in his two home starts. I know he was great against the Orioles in his last home start but I think this Twins lineup can get to him enough for Santan to hold them off. I was checking out some stats and the Twins are 10-1 in Santana's last 11 Thursday starts which most of them were daytime games. I don't know what it means exactly but it's pretty damn interesting how well he pitches in this situation. The Indians have been on fire all season but they are 2-8 the last 10 times as underdogs (most trap bets like today) and I have no problem getting the best pitcher in MLB at this price. Home Plate Umpire Chris Guccione has shown love the for the Twins in the past (no idea why) and they have won their last five games when he is behind the plate. That combined with Santana on the mound and the Twins avoiding a series sweep...all I can say is LETS GO TWINS BABY!

Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MLB Thursday

Day off to beat the Cardinals

they dont have a game today, but they suck so much, they will lose to "day off"
Old 05-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/alls...s.asp?sport=BS

Where can i find your bets on this page?
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
country flag Thrasher

Thrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond repute

fwiw DH David Ortiz will not be playing in the second game of the double header against the Tigers.

Source: SportsNetwork.com

GL

Last edited by Thrasher : 05-17-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Thrasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/alls...s.asp?sport=BS

Where can i find your bets on this page?
Click on MLB-Money Lines.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #6
country flag Thrasher

Thrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond reputeThrasher has a reputation beyond repute

Sox/Tigers U10 @1.685 Pinny (bought 1 run)

$1460 to win $1000

Leading RBI man out for the Sox and ace Schilling on the mound. I like this one to stay under especially after the Tigers could only muster one run against Tavarez in game 1.

GL
Old 05-18-2007, 02:47 AM   #7
country flag Thrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Sox/Tigers U10 @1.685 Pinny (bought 1 run)

$1460 to win $1000

Leading RBI man out for the Sox and ace Schilling on the mound. I like this one to stay under especially after the Tigers could only muster one run against Tavarez in game 1.

GL

Win