Problem .. Ill be very thankful if you can awnser this - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problem .. Ill be very thankful if you can awnser this

Hey!, i have a problem with my game and i need help, so im asking to the experts

The thing is that my game is very good but im used to end the points really fast playing the balls to the lines, Why? because i hit very strong so i risk to play the ball to the line and it works to me. The thing is that a couple of days a go i played with this guy in a tournament that was really fast and he played the balls all in the center and almost in the line. I was desperated after i hitted 8 balls in 1 point because im used to win or lose a point in 3 or 4 balls!

I lost 1-6 3-6! What can i do to play longer points without desperating myself and not losing the point!

Thanks!

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem .. Ill be very thankful if you can awnser this

wrong forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you weren't getting him out of position enough and he could defend against your game and eventually draw out the error.

Couple of options but may involve you playing a bit out of your comfort zone.

Get him out wider by using more angle on your shots to open up the court so you can finish into the open space.

Try and get into the net sometimes and finish the point off there - if he's defending his shots will sometimes be slow and floaty and possible to take on the volley.

Use the dropshot to draw him into the net then pass him or lob him

Mix up your shots with slice as well as power - some players, like Davydenko, are exceptional when you feed them one type of ball but can struggle if they have to make an adjustment every time they hit the ball.

Be more patient - okay so you may have to play longer rallies but that's no reason to go for broke when you don't have the point set up for a winner - so you go for more high risk shots. If you trust your shotmaking, hang in there and continue to build the point. If he knows he can defeat you by attrition he has no reason to change HIS game to win.

Last edited by scoobs : 05-03-2007 at 08:43 PM.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Scoobs writes a very good post there mate. I agree on drawing this guy into the net...most often good defenders don't like to be drawn in, and it sounds like he is quite comfortable on the baseline.

I'd also suggest mixing the pace up a little if you can. Hit some bombs, but also implement some slice, heavy topspin etc. It might throw him off a little.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
wrong forum
wHY NOT ?? Its about tennis, isent it??

W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
country flag €Stah

€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute€Stah has a reputation beyond repute

Just practise patience.

That's the key. Get some solid baseline players to hit with and try to stay in a rally for more than 20 strokes.

It's really important to use angles, it's not all about power. Add spin to your shots, so you'll be able to make them heavier and that will give you some easy put aways.
€Stah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #7
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
wHY NOT ?? Its about tennis, isent it??
yes, about ATP tennis

this is the forum for your question

http://www.menstennisforums.com/foru...ysprune=&f=596

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #8
country flag Tzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
yes, about ATP tennis

this is the forum for your question

http://www.menstennisforums.com/foru...ysprune=&f=596
Then you should especify the general message name to - ONLY ATP PLAYERS INFO CAN BE POSTED HERE general messages

Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
country flag FluffyYellowBall

FluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same problem but i got for big shots early for different reasons. Im not very fast and simpley, i dnt have the head to lose a long rally.

R u a consistent player or is it tactical problems?? Because if its consistensy during long rallies then thats a whole different area u'll be trying to fix..
Old 05-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
Then you should especify the general message name to - ONLY ATP PLAYERS INFO CAN BE POSTED HERE general messages
yes I'll take care of it

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
country flag madmanfool

madmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond repute

be creative, work him around. Try to use more angled shots instead of trying to overpower him all the time. And use the net. If you hit a deep, hard shot an easy volley usually follows.
Be a bit more patient. Many people make this mistake. You hit 2 or 3 good balls and are in control but on the last ball the opponent hits a very good deep defensive shot. Many force the next ball to hit a winner. But the truth is you are not in an offensive position and have to start the point all over. If you achieve that mindset it'll help.

go to tennis instruction on tt.tennis-warehouse.com for more help.