St Pauli, Reeperbahn and Gaston in Hamburg Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #31
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmys Bar, royalty, Jardin Exotique, don't play the roulette wheel Monte Carlo Tråd

Gastón was so happy during his training sessions because he was steadily improving and he felt he was regaining his old tennis level, but the moment of truth showed he´s still lacking confidence during a match. It´s that awful vicious circle, where he needs a few wins to be able to hit better when it counts.

At this stage Gastón is still fragile, so I hope this defeat won´t do too much damage and that he continues to recover. At least he and González are the only Latin Americans to have won a set today in the midst of the massacre!

I heard him saying to his coach “You think I´m OK now, but I´m not”, and then his biggest fear: “I´m making a fool of myself”. Still, he has another kind of strength: he stuck it out to the bitter end, like Chela, even though he felt humiliated on court!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #32
country flag arzu8

arzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmys Bar, royalty, Jardin Exotique, don't play the roulette wheel Monte Carlo Tråd

Gaston knows he is in for a tough fight and maybe it is these matches which will get him to improve to where he should be. I think Gaston needs to unlearn his old habits of negative thinking....which is the toughest thing to do for anybody....changing any old habit.

Gaston just keep on holding on.
arzu8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #33
country flag thn

thn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond repute

well, which pains me the most when I see him like today is, that I don´t hear any "vamos" or "come on" or see a clinched fist after a won set...

he isn´t positive at all. just that annoying body language he has shown us for a year now. he won´t win matches in the future if he doesn´t change that attitude soon
thn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 PM   #34
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #35
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

still it did take Nole three sets to beat Gasti...

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #36
country flag RogiFan88

I didn't take kindly to some of the commentary that Nole may have been bothered by Gaudio's "antics" as if Nole doesn't do such things; besides, I didn't agree that Gaudio does these things to bother his opponent... not at all; he's doing it to reprimand himself and get himself going... stupid Amer commentator...

Old 04-19-2007, 04:04 AM   #37
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmys Bar, royalty, Jardin Exotique, don't play the roulette wheel Monte Carlo T

Quote:
Originally Posted by thn View Post
well, which pains me the most when I see him like today is, that I don´t hear any "vamos" or "come on" or see a clinched fist after a won set...

he isn´t positive at all. just that annoying body language he has shown us for a year now. he won´t win matches in the future if he doesn´t change that attitude soon
He has always had a negative attitude, this is not news and Gaudio's harshest critic is himself and no one else.

If you can't see any improvement from losing to Berlocq 2 and 2 to now, then there isn't much left to say.

Gaston doesn't go around like a rabbit on speed screaming Vamos, it's not him and it never will be him. You can't have the good without the bad.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #38
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen the match, nor been able to follow anything on a livescores. But I was satisfied to discover he had taken a set to Djokovic. Of course, he had lost the match in the end. But the result wasn't showing a resigned Gaston. And I was happy with that, given the circumstances. The return, or recovery, call it whatever you feel like, will take time.........one step after the other.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #39
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmys Bar, royalty, Jardin Exotique, don't play the roulette wheel Monte Carlo T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
I didn't take kindly to some of the commentary that Nole may have been bothered by Gaudio's "antics" as if Nole doesn't do such things; besides, I didn't agree that Gaudio does these things to bother his opponent... not at all; he's doing it to reprimand himself and get himself going... stupid Amer commentator...
Dougie got it wrong there, but he doesn't like Gaudio very much and has said as much.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #40
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Hola I'm back from Monaco! ( sorry i didn't even have the time to tell you i was there )
I saw Gaston everyday, for his two matches and in practices, so i will post pictures soon, this week-end i think.
I quickly had a look at this topic and i was rather upset by what i read. Gaston is totally different! he's not "positive", we can't say that, but he's motivated and he's working hard to recover his level and he's not far, really not far.
He still did mistakes and get a bit frustrated on the last match, but he showed a lot of good things, moreover, i can even tell you he was still practicing on yesterday afternoon after his match and i'm sure he took the learnings of this defeat, he wasn't in a bad mood or anything, he was relax but still working.
He's recovering, but we have to be patient, he really wants to play as good as before, i'm "confident" after what i saw in Monaco.

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:04 AM   #41
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eléa View Post
Hola I'm back from Monaco! ( sorry i didn't even have the time to tell you i was there )
I saw Gaston everyday, for his two matches and in practices, so i will post pictures soon, this week-end i think.
I quickly had a look at this topic and i was rather upset by what i read. Gaston is totally different! he's not "positive", we can't say that, but he's motivated and he's working hard to recover his level and he's not far, really not far.
He still did mistakes and get a bit frustrated on the last match, but he showed a lot of good things, moreover, i can even tell you he was still practicing on yesterday afternoon after his match and i'm sure he took the learnings of this defeat, he wasn't in a bad mood or anything, he was relax but still working.
He's recovering, but we have to be patient, he really wants to play as good as before, i'm "confident" after what i saw in Monaco.
Hi Eléa! Thanks for that great news!
I´m convinced that Gastón is on his way back. His talent is intact, and he´s got the tenacity to try to recover his tennis in matches, as he´s already done in practice matches. It´s a matter of time, and let´s hope he has a bit of luck in the draws!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #42
country flag thn

thn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond reputethn has a reputation beyond repute

wow, I think we all are looking forward to see your pictures Elea
thn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #43
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Eléa for keeping us updated about Gaston. Good news!! Great to read.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #44
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Default Re: Camp Nou, Carlsson, Wilander, Mantilla and Gaston all past Barcelona Champs

Gaston got the Toad in the 1st round of Barcelona.

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP v BYE
SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA v VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL
LEE, Hyung-Taik KOR v JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v (13) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(11) SAFIN, Marat RUS v BOLELLI, Simone ITA
STARACE, Potito ITA v QUERREY, Sam USA
GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS v SPADEA, Vincent USA
BYE v (8) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG

(4) NALBANDIAN, David ARG v BYE
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v FALLA, Alejandro COL
QUALIFIER v (WC) MANTILLA, Felix ESP
(WC) GRANOLLERS-PUJOL, Marcel ESP v (16) MOYA, Carlos ESP

(10) STEPANEK, Radek CZE v PAVEL, Andrei ROU
QUALIFIER v BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG
(WC) VICENTE, Fernando ESP v GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA
BYE v (5) FERRER, David ESP

(6) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN v BYE
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
BECKER, Benjamin GER v KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP v (9) TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS

(15) CALLERI, Agustin ARG v (WC) LOPEZ, Marc ESP
GALVANI, Stefano ITA v QUALIFIER
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP v LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
BYE v (3) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(7) FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP v BYE
QUALIFIER v (WC) SALVA-VIDAL, Bartolome ESP
VANEK, Jiri CZE v QUALIFIER
MIRNYI, Max BLR v (12) CANAS, Guillermo ESP

(14) ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v QUALIFIER
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS
QUALIFIER v ESCHAUER, Werner AUT
BYE v (2) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-22-2007, 04:58 AM   #45
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camp Nou, Carlsson, Wilander, Mantilla and Gaston all past Barcelona Champs

Gaston should atleast reach the 3rd round here.
Head-to-head of Gaudio and Soderling: Gaudio leads him 1-0.
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote