The poker thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #16
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poker thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Disney View Post
If you're playing against the house, of course it is down to luck.
That's not poker. Poker is about reading the opponents and calculating the probabilities, odds (and implied odds), and that's called skills...
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #17
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPower View Post
That's not poker. Poker is about reading the opponents and calculating the probabilities, odds (and implied odds), and that's called skills...
If that's what you want to call it, and it keeps you happy...
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Bad players complain about bad luck and just await to get luckier, that's why they're dead money
Old 04-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #19
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Disney View Post
If that's what you want to call it, and it keeps you happy...
Seriously mate, poker is all about skill in almost all situations. You can get lucky sometimes but to consistently perform well you must be good.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

GL, lil parrot
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
♥ eve ♥

Glad to see you participate Deivitard

I do like your fellow Spaniard Carlos Mortensen by the way
Old 04-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #22
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Glad to see you participate Deivitard

I do like your fellow Spaniard Carlos Mortensen by the way

Btw there are way more clever games than poker in cards, just not that popular. Try to google "pocha" for instance
Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #23
♥ eve ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post
Btw there are way more clever games than poker in cards, just not that popular. Try to google "pocha" for instance
No limit Texas hold'em is the ultimate card game

I'll have a look at your "pocha" though, thanks, I'm interested in all sorts of card games
Old 04-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #24
country flag Deivid23

Quote:
No limit Texas hold'em is the ultimate card game

I'll have a look at your "pocha" though, thanks, I'm interested in all sorts of card games

I´ve played all kind of card games during my whole life and I´d rather play a pocha anyday over a NL Texas Hold´em
Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #25
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Poker is for fools.

Real men play russian roulette.

Jim,why don't u try and tell us how's it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #26
bad gambler

Quote:

Real men play russian roulette.
Why because more skill is involved?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #27
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Why because more skill is involved?
Nope.

Because more fear is involved.

Try it sometime.

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #28
♥ eve ♥

Ivey's getting bluffed on a 300'000$ pot and has to lay down his pair of kings on HSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN8_gO1_Njg
Old 04-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #29
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post
I´ve played all kind of card games during my whole life
Ever tried the noble game of BRIDGE, Deivid?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #30
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope.

Because more fear is involved.

Try it sometime.

adrenalin

men

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote