Sam Querry feeling Cheery in Miami (Federer is not that good so..) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #16
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sam Querry feeling Cheery in Miami

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #17
country flag chisey

chisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond repute

yay Sam! As for Federer... If he gets a set, I'm counting it as a win (just, you know, the kind where you don't advance or get points/money ~_~). A mental win. :-P
chisey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is awesome I didn't realize he was this funny!
=======================

SONY ERICSSON OPEN
March 22, 2007
Sam Querrey
KEY BISCAYNE, FLORIDA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. What happened? You were supposed to be in the stadium and then they kicked you out.
SAM QUERREY: Yeah, I guess just the rain. I was kind of bummed about that because I wanted to be on the stadium. It's happened before. The other four matches that they kept on the stadium, or five, were all, I guess, bigger names than myself, so I had no problem with it (laughing).

Q. You might possibly be on the stadium court in your next match.
SAM QUERREY: I would think so. I heard Saturday night.

Q. You've played four Top 10 players already this year and now you're about to play probably the No. 1 player in the world. Do these matches at your stage, do they advance the plot? Are you happy to play these guys, or would you rather wait until you're a little bit more ready?
SAM QUERREY: I like to play them. You've got to play them to succeed and win the tournaments. I think once I do beat a Top 10 guy it'll boost my confidence a little bit.
Right now I'm 0-6 or 0-7 against them. Federer is not that good, so (laughter). It would be cool to get my first Top 10 win off him.

Q. He's in a slump.
SAM QUERREY: (Laughing) Yeah, I know. He hasn't lost consecutive matches in like four years.

Q. What does it feel like to go up against him?
SAM QUERREY: I have nothing to lose. I can just go out there and hit every ball as hard as I can and hope they all go in as winners (laughter).

Q. Is there any other kind of preparation that you try to do, maybe in practice?
SAM QUERREY: If I see him in the locker room or in practice, I'll give him a little stare or something, intimidate him.

Q. You're taller than him.
SAM QUERREY: (Laughing) But no, really, I won't do anything different than what I usually do, not that I do a whole lot, if anything.

Q. Will there actually be less pressure on you because you'll sort of feel like, oh, I've got nothing to lose?
SAM QUERREY: Probably, yeah. I've got nothing to lose. I go out there, play freely and whatever happens, happens. Hopefully I can enjoy the moment and have fun.

Q. Do you think you would tighten up if you won the first set?
SAM QUERREY: Yeah (laughter).

Q. It would be a nice problem to have.
SAM QUERREY: Right, exactly.

Q. What about the additional pressure of having Tiger Woods sitting there?
SAM QUERREY: Is he coming?

Q. Yeah, he's going to be there Saturday.
SAM QUERREY: My player box is going to be full of celebrities, too.

Q. Who's going to be in yours?
SAM QUERREY: My dad, this guy José Hidalgo, his guest, my buddy from SC. That's about it. I don't know, I'll probably get an autograph from Tiger maybe in between sets or something (laughter). I'll bring a golf ball in there with me.

Q. What's your weapon? Is it your serve?
SAM QUERREY: Yeah, serve, and try to use my forehand. It was tough today because it was so windy, but serve and forehand are my two weapons.

Q. Average speed is about 130?
SAM QUERREY: Probably. When I do play on the court with a radar gun it's usually in the 130s.

Q. Do you pattern your game after anybody?
SAM QUERREY: Not really.

Q. (Indiscernible).
SAM QUERREY: Yeah, I don't really serve and volley that much.

Q. As the match progressed were there things you were particularly focusing on that are trends and weaknesses?
SAM QUERREY: I was really trying to keep the ball in play and force him to miss. On my service game I was trying to stay aggressive and kind of try to get in control of the points. But on his serves I was trying to play defense and try to make him miss.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #19
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Yaaay!!

[WC]S Querrey (USA) d I Andreev (RUS) 57 62 64
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #20
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
This guy is awesome I didn't realize he was this funny!
=======================

SONY ERICSSON OPEN
March 22, 2007
Sam Querrey
KEY BISCAYNE, FLORIDA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. What happened? You were supposed to be in the stadium and then they kicked you out.
SAM QUERREY: Yeah, I guess just the rain. I was kind of bummed about that because I wanted to be on the stadium. It's happened before. The other four matches that they kept on the stadium, or five, were all, I guess, bigger names than myself, so I had no problem with it (laughing).

Q. You might possibly be on the stadium court in your next match.
SAM QUERREY: I would think so. I heard Saturday night.

Q. You've played four Top 10 players already this year and now you're about to play probably the No. 1 player in the world. Do these matches at your stage, do they advance the plot? Are you happy to play these guys, or would you rather wait until you're a little bit more ready?
SAM QUERREY: I like to play them. You've got to play them to succeed and win the tournaments. I think once I do beat a Top 10 guy it'll boost my confidence a little bit.
Right now I'm 0-6 or 0-7 against them. Federer is not that good, so (laughter). It would be cool to get my first Top 10 win off him.

Q. He's in a slump.
SAM QUERREY: (Laughing) Yeah, I know. He hasn't lost consecutive matches in like four years.

Q. What does it feel like to go up against him?
SAM QUERREY: I have nothing to lose. I can just go out there and hit every ball as hard as I can and hope they all go in as winners (laughter).

Q. Is there any other kind of preparation that you try to do, maybe in practice?
SAM QUERREY: If I see him in the locker room or in practice, I'll give him a little stare or something, intimidate him.

Q. You're taller than him.
SAM QUERREY: (Laughing) But no, really, I won't do anything different than what I usually do, not that I do a whole lot, if anything.

Q. Will there actually be less pressure on you because you'll sort of feel like, oh, I've got nothing to lose?
SAM QUERREY: Probably, yeah. I've got nothing to lose. I go out there, play freely and whatever happens, happens. Hopefully I can enjoy the moment and have fun.

Q. Do you think you would tighten up if you won the first set?
SAM QUERREY: Yeah (laughter).

Q. It would be a nice problem to have.
SAM QUERREY: Right, exactly.

Q. What about the additional pressure of having Tiger Woods sitting there?
SAM QUERREY: Is he coming?

Q. Yeah, he's going to be there Saturday.
SAM QUERREY: My player box is going to be full of celebrities, too.

Q. Who's going to be in yours?
SAM QUERREY: My dad, this guy José Hidalgo, his guest, my buddy from SC. That's about it. I don't know, I'll probably get an autograph from Tiger maybe in between sets or something (laughter). I'll bring a golf ball in there with me.

Q. What's your weapon? Is it your serve?
SAM QUERREY: Yeah, serve, and try to use my forehand. It was tough today because it was so windy, but serve and forehand are my two weapons.

Q. Average speed is about 130?
SAM QUERREY: Probably. When I do play on the court with a radar gun it's usually in the 130s.

Q. Do you pattern your game after anybody?
SAM QUERREY: Not really.

Q. (Indiscernible).
SAM QUERREY: Yeah, I don't really serve and volley that much.

Q. As the match progressed were there things you were particularly focusing on that are trends and weaknesses?
SAM QUERREY: I was really trying to keep the ball in play and force him to miss. On my service game I was trying to stay aggressive and kind of try to get in control of the points. But on his serves I was trying to play defense and try to make him miss.
Sam is awesome!
That's the gospel.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #21
country flag chisey

chisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond reputechisey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sam Querry feeling Cheery in Miami (Federer is not that good so..)

man, Sam is actually really funny! Look at that! I think my favorite was 'my box will be full of celebrities too...like my dad' . I also kind of want to see Sam 'intimidate' Federer
chisey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #22
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

Man he is one hilarious kid, very much like Andy

Play hard against Federer, and I hope it won't be too one-sided. Go SAM!!
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #23
country flag aer83

aer83 is on a distinguished road

Sam is Baby-Roddick. Big serve and funny press conference.
aer83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #24
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aer83 View Post
That's what I have been calling him.
That's the gospel.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:15 PM   #25
country flag Jlee

Jlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love it
Old 03-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #26
country flag otowngurl86apa

otowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond reputeotowngurl86apa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So true!

to: Fish, Roddick, Bryans, Isner, Delic, Querrey, Haas, Safin, Ancic, Johannson
otowngurl86apa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #27
country flag Tom Paulman

Tom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond reputeTom Paulman has a reputation beyond repute

He's a good laugh Thanx for posting this interview

Oh, and I hope he will kick Fed's ass in straights
Old 03-24-2007, 02:37 AM   #28
country flag kristanmichelle

kristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond reputekristanmichelle has a reputation beyond repute

Sam is funny!

Good win. I hope he plays well against Fed.
kristanmichelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:54 AM   #29
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

told you so...

Sam

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
country flag Fumus

Has anyone been following Sam's blog on TW?
That's the gospel.