the black magic thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #46
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the black magic thread

Ryan Sweeting

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #47
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho

Ryan Sweeting
brilliant!

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #48
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO! Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #49
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:07 AM   #50
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

is this thread jinx?

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:31 AM   #51
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho View Post
is this thread jinx?
after that highly unlikely 2006 USO result, i would have to say......yes.

perhaps it is essential to the coria comeback that WHITE MAGIC be the preferred weapon of fans!!

...because we are so damn GGGOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #52
country flag daze11

but speaking of a form of black magic....

i read this today:
"And in 1999, along with winning many tournaments in South America, he made a major break-through, becoming the Junior Roland Garros champion by defeating fellow Argentine pal and doubles partner Nalbandian in the final. It may not have been the highly coveted professional title, but there was a parade in the streets of Argentina to celebrate the distinguished accomplishment."

and the thought occurred to me: nalbandian faced gaudio in the french 04 SF and lost, failing to bring a repeat of their previous meeting in the junior final.

if nalbandian had done what was expected & beat gaudio, I am thinking that guille -- being entirely comfortable against nalbandian-- would NOT have gotten cramps and would have won the title in 3 sets.

But his hatred of gaudio (& deep need not to lose to him) uped the ante on his nerves that day, and if he had not had so much tension personally with the guy across the net, I really dont think the drama of 04 french would ever have occurred. (And then how might the future from there have rolled out differently??)

Anybody second this notion? I had never really thought of that before...

Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #53
country flag rubsch

rubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't think so...
Coria never had problems to beat Gaudio before... Shit just sometimes happens.

But it is nice to think it was Nalbandians fault that Guille lost that final and also his confidence.
I don't want to imagine how his future would have been if he had won that title.

Guille = 3 time French Open Champion and maybe a US or a Australian Open crown, because he is able to play hardcourts as well...
...nice to dream...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #54
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I agree he probably felt more pressure because it was Gaudio and because he wasn't allowed to lose against him.
But he surely would have been extremely nervous anyway, you could already see that in the semi-final and the year before, and Nalby would never ever have played as poorly as Gaudio did, so I think he would have had a very hard time winning against David too.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #55
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubsch View Post
Well, I don't think so...
Coria never had problems to beat Gaudio before... Shit just sometimes happens.
well, he HAD lost to gaudio before, the only argentine in a pro match he ever lost to (up until then), and had another very dramatic final against him too which ended in a near brawl in the locker afterwards...so a lot was there with gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I agree he probably felt more pressure because it was Gaudio and because he wasn't allowed to lose against him.
But he surely would have been extremely nervous anyway, you could already see that in the semi-final and the year before, and Nalby would never ever have played as poorly as Gaudio did, so I think he would have had a very hard time winning against David too.
yes, but he never lost to nalby before at that time & had a clear psychological advantage to rely on, in addition to being much better on clay anyway...David DID play as poorly as gaudio, btw...in the SF!! he choked.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #56
country flag rubsch

rubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
well, he HAD lost to gaudio before, the only argentine in a pro match he ever lost to (up until then), and had another very dramatic final against him too which ended in a near brawl in the locker afterwards...so a lot was there with gaudio
I can remember that story about the locker room... wasn't that in Hamburg?
Yes I know that there happened very much between them but you can't excuse his loss like that. I mean maybe the pressure was a little bit higher because it was Gaudio on the other side of the net, but he probably would have got cramps playing Nalbandian as well and lost...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #57
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the thing with gaston was weighing heavier on Guille's mind than the doping suspension Really, that's giving gaston FAR too much importance. But for the sake of hypothesis, Guille would've won over either David or gaston because 1) gaston is a coward and 2) Guille has David's number/vs. David = Bring A game (i.e. vs Calleri). There are too many mitigating factors through the duration of that final to EVER know what exactly happened. Let's add to that (that) Guille had a premonition that he lost anyway. The day he def. Henman in the semis, a journalist asked him if he dreamed about the final and Guille said he did. The dude then asked him what happened, and Guille said he'd tell him after the final. So after the final, he said in his dream his body failed him. So there alot of thing that could've been going through Guille's mind during that 3rd set. Maybe it was EVERYTHING he shouldn't have been thinking about, but was. Add to that the crowd wave and a coca cola, and you've got yourself a disaster.

also, I wouldn't blame Nalb for not beating gaston; Hewitt-65-UFE's should have.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #58
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Let's add to that (that) Guille had a premonition that he lost anyway. The day he def. Henman in the semis, a journalist asked him if he dreamed about the final and Guille said he did. The dude then asked him what happened, and Guille said he'd tell him after the final. So after the final, he said in his dream his body failed him. So there alot of thing that could've been going through Guille's mind during that 3rd set.
did he really??! i never heard him mention such a premonition. geez.... thats awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Add to that the crowd wave and a coca cola, and you've got yourself a disaster.