Tim bad incident - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tim bad incident

The English “gentleman”

He looks like a kid himself. Fresh faced, must have been a choirboy. I am referring of course to Tim Henman. An English gentleman you say?

During one of his matches I witnessed perhaps one of the ugliest exchanges a player had during the tournament with a ball kid. We had one boy, a little chubby, who worked his tail off in 100 degree heat. Perhaps he was a step slower than most.

Mr. Henman would have none of it. Talked directly to the boy, told him he was slow, and asked him, how on earth did he become a ball kid? Then Tim went to the umpire’s chair and complained, pointing to the poor lad, and making it quite clear that he never wanted to see the boy on “his” court again.

We had to remove the boy who, by this time, was mortified and had burst into tears. That’s when being a mother really helps. You just wanted to pull him to you and tell him that everything will be all right. Would hate to have you as a father, Mr. Henman.

from http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/iw04ball.htm
by Sandra Vincent

Sandra Vincent was a volunteer at the 2004 Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells, and worked as a Ball Kid Coordinator. We thank her for sharing her unique perspective of the tournament and some of its stars.

this was posted by TheBoiledEgg in the main forum, just wanted to see what all you fans thought of this?

Last edited by joeb_uk : 04-10-2004 at 07:16 PM.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim the tosser

aren't there any fans of greg rusedski?????
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

dont think so, maybe before :P but now i dont think so
Old 03-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #4
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

just becuase his doping stuff. he didnt do anything
Old 03-28-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
country flag joeb_uk

its the way hes acting about it, i didnt dislike him before but his continious whining about action after he has been cleared is boring. hes been cleared, so move on
Old 03-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
country flag misyou25

hmm but a godd player...
Old 04-07-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
country flag BaselineSmash

BaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
The English “gentleman”

He looks like a kid himself. Fresh faced, must have been a choirboy. I am referring of course to Tim Henman. An English gentleman you say?

During one of his matches I witnessed perhaps one of the ugliest exchanges a player had during the tournament with a ball kid. We had one boy, a little chubby, who worked his tail off in 100 degree heat. Perhaps he was a step slower than most.

Mr. Henman would have none of it. Talked directly to the boy, told him he was slow, and asked him, how on earth did he become a ball kid? Then Tim went to the umpire’s chair and complained, pointing to the poor lad, and making it quite clear that he never wanted to see the boy on “his” court again.

We had to remove the boy who, by this time, was mortified and had burst into tears. That’s when being a mother really helps. You just wanted to pull him to you and tell him that everything will be all right. Would hate to have you as a father, Mr. Henman.
It's stories like this that make my wonder why I can't stop supporting this idiot, although it should be said that most players' treatment of the ballkids is pretty bad to greater or lesser degrees.
BaselineSmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #8
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim bad incident

hes a tosser and i don't support him anymore and wouldn't even if he was in a Grand Slam Final. greg all the way!!!

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #9
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I checked out the link and that Sandra Vincent woman sure seems like an angry, vindictive lady. I'd take her words with a grain of salt.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:57 PM   #10
country flag BaselineSmash

BaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe so, but even as a Henman "fan" I see him chastising the ballkids an awful lot. Just today he was giving a little girl (who couldn't have been more than eight or nine) into trouble for rolling the balls along the clay as opposed to throwing them. Pretty unreasonable.
BaselineSmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:36 AM   #11
country flag Safin_Henman

Safin_Henman is on a distinguished road

oh noo! is Henman really that bad? i always imagined him to be a sweet guy!
Safin_Henman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:42 PM   #12
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineSmash
Maybe so, but even as a Henman "fan" I see him chastising the ballkids an awful lot. Just today he was giving a little girl (who couldn't have been more than eight or nine) into trouble for rolling the balls along the clay as opposed to throwing them. Pretty unreasonable.
I suppose, looking from Tim's POV, rolling the balls along the clay would screw 'em up for when he has to serve with them later? I don't know. I've never played on clay, though it'd be cool.

However, I think many players may tend to get on the ballkids' cases especially if they're in a crummy mood, or can't hold serve, for example? But hey - we're not perfect, and I suppose we shouldn't expect players to be perfect, as well. I say, whatever - under pressure (professional tennis match pressure!), would we always be able to guarantee that we'll be on our best behaviour?

But oh well. Like tangerine_dream, I'd take that woman's words with a grain of salt.
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote