Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;)) - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 AM   #496
country flag Tytta!.
(:
 
Tytta!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mayerland (:
Age: 27
Posts: 29,462
Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
Please see below:^^^^^ exactly. And I see that it did start to happen, so I think it's unfair to jump on those who were just trying to help, especially people who have only positively contributed to this board and have been here for a long time, never argue, always help, always share things, etc. So it was a little bit disappointing to see that people were treating some really beloved regulars in that way. okay, see, as was said, and as has been evidenced by what DID start to happen in this thread, people show up and start discussions and debates that none of us care to have. Would you rather it be like AR.com where NO girlfriend talk is allowed (and, by the way, there are even similar such policies in other player forums here at MTF.)? I only closed a thread after it turned into a massive argument. And if you notice, since I closed that thread, almost none of those people have posted here again. Which means, they didn't come here to talk about Andy. Just who they think he's screwing. See, that's how most of us feel when this stuff gets brought up, so yes, that is why it makes some of us uneasy.

The thing that you guys need to keep in mind is that stuff goes on 'behind the scenes' - the fact that a million threads were bumped doesn't upset me, the fact that this thread was bumped in and of itself doesn't upset me, but the fact that people did so knowing full well that this thread in particular could open a whole can of worms and ESPECIALLY that these are some of the same people who are the first to complain to me when someone posts something they don't like, strikes me as a bit odd.

So it's like, you can say whatever you want, but you can't also be the first to complain to me about the ramifications. THAT's what upset me about it. And if you don't like something I'm doing here, please talk to me about it, don't take it out on people who were just trying to help.
Thanks for reading it all.

And, yeah, I was just trying to help as I told you I would before you left.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #497
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:
 
snaillyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Taking care of Mar"t"y
Posts: 6,417
snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
The thing that you guys need to keep in mind is that stuff goes on 'behind the scenes' - the fact that a million threads were bumped doesn't upset me, the fact that this thread was bumped in and of itself doesn't upset me, but the fact that people did so knowing full well that this thread in particular could open a whole can of worms and ESPECIALLY that these are some of the same people who are the first to complain to me when someone posts something they don't like, strikes me as a bit odd.
Deb

I think this was the part that bothered me the most, not the fact that all the posts were bumped.
snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:16 AM   #498
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,414
tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

In my opinion this is all all a huge to-do over nothing. A storm in a teacup. No screaming phalanx of boppers came charging in here to start gossiping about Andy's girlfriends so what's the problem? And even if one or two sneaked in here, so what? We can ignore them as easily as we do trolls.

I totally understand that we don't want to encourage a certain fangirl element to start posting in this forum but to actually ban or close-off certain topics goes beyond moderator duties, IMO.

If you're worried about such things, how about changing the name of this thread to something less enticing?

Another idea would be for you to take all the threads you find offensive that I had bumped up (which was just a one day goof, btw) and move them off of the front page. Send them back to the 2004 threads or something. Or better yet, the blog section. Nobody goes in there.
__________________
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 03-13-2007 at 03:29 AM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #499
country flag partygirl
Registered User
 
partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 13,952
partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Oh my god this is all so silly.

I'm really trying to state that without judgment of anyone so please take it as such.

Its just like, if i choose to objectify Andy (in a certain thread) from time to time certain people think its neat to post a bunch of whatever to just cover it up...i guess i just don't get all the fuss, nothing anyone does or says on this board is going to make me run and complain to anyone, or cause me to truly feel badly in my life... i also realize that is just me.

I want this place to be fun and functional, i want everyone who comes here to truly get our mission statement
"support of Andy" but everyone has to realize a lot of judgment goes on in this forum if you ever diverge from strictly talking tennis & sometimes i think that is unfortunate because people are multi faceted and sometimes can't help it doesn't make anyone less legitimate (those who are, prove themselves rather quickly)

I could careless what people think or would like to reduce Roddick fans to, we know who we are and who we are not, i don't get why that is not enough.

I just cringe at the idea of acting a certain way because of what idiots might do
That makes zero sense to me other than general homogony, which is boring.

No matter what i love this forum and all of the functioning members & maybe some of the ones in hiding too.

Last edited by partygirl : 03-13-2007 at 03:56 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:55 AM   #500
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
In my opinion this is all all a huge to-do over nothing. A storm in a teacup. No screaming phalanx of boppers came charging in here to start gossiping about Andy's girlfriends so what's the problem? And even if one or two sneaked in here, so what? We can ignore them as easily as we do trolls.

I totally understand that we don't want to encourage a certain fangirl element to start posting in this forum but to actually ban or close-off certain topics goes beyond moderator duties, IMO.

If you're worried about such things, how about changing the name of this thread to something less enticing?
This thread was dead and gone and completely irrelevant. You bumped it. I know you meant no harm and were just being funny but to put the blame on me and say I can just change the thread title, knowing full well i was away and couldn't do that even if I wanted to.... I mean, I dunno what to say except that that response doesn't address what happened at all. Plus like i said, there are other forums here where these kinds of threads (and also objectifying threads like the got back thread, etc.) that are blanketly not allowed. I didn't close anything until an argument ensued.

I will say it again, if you have a problem with the way I am moderating, come to me, or talk to a supermod, but I think you will find that I actually do less than in other forums here. Moreover, not one person complained to me months ago when i closed that thread. If people were unhappy about that, you can't bring it up now and try to use it in a discussion months later. That's just unfair. And none of this excuses treating Renata and Carole like people who were trying to ruin any fun or cause any trouble. they were not acting on my behalf, they were acting on their own accord, and if you don't like something I have said or done, it doesn't make it okay to treat them so rudely. Disagree with them, fine. But they were truly offended.

and I'm sorry, but I can't really even respond to your comment about "ignoring the trolls" - you can't complain about me undermoderating one second and overmoderating the next, just because the decisions i carefully make aren't what you want. I can't please everyone, and unless people actually come to me about stuff when it happens, I have no way to know that people are unhappy Moreover, you of all people have asked me to do all kinds of "Moderator-ly" things here, some of which I feel really would go beyond my 'power' and I haven't done some of them, so you'll just have to forgive me for having a hard time with the fact that two really well-liked people were treated very poorly in this thread for simply trying to help and the fact that this upsets me. And moreover, closing thread where there are arguments is very clearly within the responsibility of a forum moderator. I have only ever closed two types of threads: spam and where there was an argument. I don't just go around closing stuff I don't like, and I don't close stuff other people don't like. Only when it's a problem and/or the rules are violated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
Its just like, if i choose to objectify Andy (in a certain thread) from time to time certain people think its neat to post a bunch of whatever to just cover it up...i guess i just don't get all the fuss, nothing anyone does or says on this board is going to make me run and complain to anyone, or cause me to truly feel badly in my life... i also realize that is just me.
and that's why no one has closed the Got Back thread, despite the numerous complaints about it I have received, and despite the fact that similar threads are explicitly not allowed in other player forums here. Everyone's free to talk about whatever they want, but if a group of people don't like it, they are also free to talk about it. I don't really know what else to say about that but if you are actually being made to feel uncomfortable about something, again, you have to talk to me (or the person causing the problem I guess) about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
i want this place to be fun and functional, i want everyone who comes here to truly get our mission statement "support of Andy" but everyone has to realize a lot of judgment goes on in this forum if you ever diverge from strictly talking tennis & sometimes i think that is unfortunate because people are multi faceted and sometimes can't help it doesn't make anyone less legitimate (those who are, prove themselves rather quickly)
Really? I mean, we go off-topic an awful lot, we are also really supportive of each other as people away from the tennis interest. There are threads about all aspects of Andy and his life and as long as they stay peaceful no one says anything about it Again, if something is making you uncomfortable, please come to me about it. I can't read minds, sadly

I just want to be clear one more time. What I am upset about is the way Renata and Carole were treated for doing what they thought was helping us all, not the fact that the thread was bumped. If you disagreed with them, fine. if you don't want to change your behavior because of what might happen, fine, but at the end of the day they were trying to help and didn't deserve the reaction they got. This isn't the first time I have vocally defended someone here for the treatment they received by fellow posters. Maybe you forget, but I don't.
__________________
LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 03-13-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:03 AM   #501
country flag partygirl
Registered User
 
partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 13,952
partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post

I just want to be clear one more time. What I am upset about is the way Renata and Carole were treated for doing what they thought was helping us all, not the fact that the thread was bumped. If you disagreed with them, fine. if you don't want to change your behavior because of what might happen, fine, but at the end of the day they were trying to help and didn't deserve the reaction they got.
In the same vein i wish they had said something because (personally) i had no intention of making them uncomfortable or unhappy...i had no idea until now they even felt as such, they are special and valued.

I might think they took it a little to hard but if someone feels something i always choose to treat it as truth and respect that so, my apologies ladies
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:06 AM   #502
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
In the same vein i wish they had said something because (personally) i had no intention of making them uncomfortable or unhappy...i had no idea until now they even felt as such, they are special and valued.

I might think they took it a little to hard but if someone feels something i always choose to treat it as truth and respect that so, my apologies ladies
Yes, fair enough, and i'm sure they will see this and consider it accordingly. And no, this is not a huge deal and there's no need for us to make it into one and that wasn't my intent by responding. But I also don't feel like it could go by ignored.
__________________
LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 AM   #503
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,414
tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
This thread was dead and gone and completely irrelevant. You bumped it. I know you meant no harm and were just being funny but to put the blame on me and say I can just change the thread title, knowing full well i was away and couldn't do that even if I wanted to
I wasn't putting any blame on you. All I was saying was that if my goof bothers you so much then move the thread.

Quote:
I will say it again, if you have a problem with the way I am moderating, come to me, or talk to a supermod, but I think you will find that I actually do less than in other forums here. Moreover, not one person complained to me months ago when i closed that thread. If people were unhappy about that, you can't bring it up now and try to use it in a discussion months later.
I have no idea what you're talking about here. I didn't have an issue with your closing that other thread where the fight broke out in.

Quote:
That's just unfair. And none of this excuses treating Renata and Carole like people who were trying to ruin any fun or cause any trouble. they were not acting on my behalf, they were acting on their own accord, and if you don't like something I have said or done, it doesn't make it okay to treat them so rudely. Disagree with them, fine. But they were truly offended.
Are you even talking to me? What did I say that offended Carole or Renata so much? And why couldn't they talk to me directly about it instead of running to you?

Quote:
I just want to be clear one more time. What I am upset about is the way Renata and Carole were treated for doing what they thought was helping us all, not the fact that the thread was bumped. If you disagreed with them, fine. if you don't want to change your behavior because of what might happen, fine, but at the end of the day they were trying to help and didn't deserve the reaction they got.
Again, you've completely lost me. I don't recall treating Renata or Carole in a bad way and if I did or said something to offend them then they should've come to me instead of running to you because, as you say, I can't read minds.

We're all adults here.
__________________
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 AM   #504
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Are you even talking to me?
No, apologies, just addressing everything in one post.
__________________
LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 AM   #505
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,414
tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Oh sorry, I had quoted the part you meant for partygirl.

Anyway, with regards to this part you directed toward me:
Quote:
And none of this excuses treating Renata and Carole like people who were trying to ruin any fun or cause any trouble. they were not acting on my behalf, they were acting on their own accord, and if you don't like something I have said or done, it doesn't make it okay to treat them so rudely. Disagree with them, fine. But they were truly offended....so you'll just have to forgive me for having a hard time with the fact that two really well-liked people were treated very poorly in this thread for simply trying to help and the fact that this upsets me.
To be honest, I have absolutely NO idea what I said or did to offend them so greatly and frankly, if I did say something that bothered them so much then they should have said something directly to me about it instead of running off to you.
__________________
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:33 AM   #506
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Oh sorry, I had quoted the part you meant for partygirl.

Anyway, with regards to this part you directed toward me:

To be honest, I have absolutely NO idea what I said or did to offend them so greatly and frankly, if I did say something that bothered them so much then they should have said something directly to me about it instead of running off to you.
I didn't mean any of it for anyone specific. Sorry!! my use of "you" was not clear enough, damn english for not having a different version for singular and plural I was just trying to say a more general thing to everyone like if people aren't happy with something I'm doing, fine, but it really made me sad to hear that people maybe took it out on them. That was all. My fault for not being clear enough.

Look we all love each other, that's clear. We don't need to agree, but something I like most about this forum and something we have all worked so very hard for is that we will all always respect each other. That's just the most important thing. Group hug everyone
__________________
LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #507
country flag partygirl
Registered User
 
partygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hollywood, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 13,952
partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
Look we all love each other, that's clear. We don't need to agree, but something I like most about this forum and something we have all worked so very hard for is that we will all always respect each other. That's just the most important thing. Group hug everyone
Rrrrrrrespect
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:51 AM   #508
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:
 
snaillyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Taking care of Mar"t"y
Posts: 6,417
snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Well this certainly got out of hand in a hurry. First of all, my impression was this was a forum where as long as we were respectful to each other, then we could express an opinion regardless of whether everyone agreed with it.

I can't and will not speak for Renata, but I just expressed an opinion about what I felt in regards to the posts being bumped, and obviously my opnion was in the minority and I am going to leave it at that. It is over and done with. I appreciated Deb's post as a whole and not just in regards to my comments, but what I do not appreciate is being accused of "running" to her. To set the record straight I did not "run" to Deb and complain about any specific poster or post. You can rest assure if I have a problem with a person I will take it up directly with them. Hope I have not offended anyone and finally I am done with this issue.
snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #509
country flag Tytta!.
(:
 
Tytta!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mayerland (:
Age: 27
Posts: 29,462
Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaillyyy View Post
Well this certainly got out of hand in a hurry. First of all, my impression was this was a forum where as long as we were respectful to each other, then we could express an opinion regardless of whether everyone agreed with it.

I can't and will not speak for Renata, but I just expressed an opinion about what I felt in regards to the posts being bumped, and obviously my opnion was in the minority and I am going to leave it at that. It is over and done with. I appreciated Deb's post as a whole and not just in regards to my comments, but what I do not appreciate is being accused of "running" to her. To set the record straight I did not "run" to Deb and complain about any specific poster or post. You can rest assure if I have a problem with a person I will take it up directly with them. Hope I have not offended anyone and finally I am done with this issue.
Couldn't have written it better myself.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #510
country flag tennis lover
Registered User
 
tennis lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 28
Posts: 9,405
tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

OK, first of all, the post of mine that you quoted was a joke and I thought that was quite clear, but obviously I must have a really bad sense of humour or something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
So it's like, you can say whatever you want, but you can't also be the first to complain to me about the ramifications. THAT's what upset me about it. And if you don't like something I'm doing here, please talk to me about it, don't take it out on people who were just trying to help.
Secondly, if this is aimed at me then I apologise if I caused any offence. I didn't think my posts were rude, I was just trying to be diplomatic because I hate arguments but if I made the situation worse then maybe I should have just kept my big nose out of it.

Re and Carole, I'm sorry for whatever part I had in this. I hope you both know that I like you very much and respect you and your opinions.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios