The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 AM   #91
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread!

poor Nico, what's going on..?I only found this:
Quote:
La página web oficial del certamen “gaucho” no aclara las razones por las que el “tricolor” abandonó el torneo, pero se menciona que antes del primer partido, que le ganó al francés Nicolás Devilder por 6-3, 2-6 y 6-3, sufrió una lesión muscular que, incluso, le obligó a recibir asistencia médica.
= his website doesn't give the reasons of him pulling out of this event [you don't say ],but some say it's connected to the 'muscle injury', he had the trainer/medical assistence called during his first rr match
Ehh..get well sonny
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #92
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
poor Nico, what's going on..?I only found this:
= his website doesn't give the reasons of him pulling out of this event [you don't say ],but some say it's connected to the 'muscle injury', he had the trainer/medical assistence called during his first rr match
Ehh..get well sonny
hm, it´s really bad not having real information. it might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if a muscle injury can last longer or has to last longer or whatever?! i hope not !

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #93
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we don't have enough details to tell anything for sure..it depends what kind of injury is that.Most common muscle injuries are strains, sprains, cramps and repetitive stress injury..it can also be sthg with tendons (they connect muscles to bones)..so the list is wide. You can find info on it on many medical sites, here's a brief def. from one of them:

About sprains and strains
Sprains and strains are types of minor injuries to the soft tissues and connective tissues of the musculoskeletal system. Sprains usually refer to injuries to ligaments, but sometimes to other connective tissues, such as tendons and the capsules surrounding joints. Strains usually refer to injuries to muscles or to the areas where muscles become tendons.
Sprains and strains may occur together, and occasionally are quite severe, requiring immobilization of the body part in a rigid cast for weeks, long-term rehabilitation programs, and sometimes surgery.

[http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/1276004.html]
Old 02-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #94
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Nico, be ok.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #95
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's not a big problem
I know Fred Hemmes injured his stomach muscle in January and he just started to play again this week. Played qualies and finally had to retire in the second round of MD. Can't find the reason, but I think there's a good chance it's his stomach muscle again. And before his "break" he's been out for a few months, because he injured some muscles between the ribs. So as Takuma said, it could be anything and the time to heal depends on the injury.
If it looks like I'm a walking Fred encyclopedia, I'm not, I'm just very good at remembering useless facts, especially the ones I put on my website
Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #96
country flag takuma

Hihi-bt these aren't totally useless facts.We love those guys, how could we not care and forget about their injuries. Afterall these kick them out of game..and out of our sight!
Sorry to hear Fred has problems too Tennis players are being exploited way too far!&what are all those physical coaches/medical staff doing..they're being paid only for getting tps bodies to the limits-regardless the consequences.Grr
Old 02-24-2007, 10:03 PM   #97
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

He's better know, also started to play tennis again last summer. I was really happy, because I thought he had retired forever. That was the plan, but he missed it too much . And even though I didn't meet him after his comeback I have the feeling he's totally different now and mentally much stronger.

Hopefully Nico takes good care of himself and comes back when fully recovered. I'd rather miss him for a few months than see him injured all the time.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #98
country flag takuma

I read somewhere Nico has a hip injury!It's scarry if true.Makes me think of Guga and his endless operations Still, I shouldn't freak out until we know some details..
Old 02-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #99
country flag Kezzi

It's hard not to freak out if you think about that
Hopefully we'll get some details soon, poor Nico
Old 03-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #100
country flag Kezzi

It's very quiet here, that isn't a good sign
Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #101
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
It's very quiet here, that isn't a good sign
exactly what i am thinking. it´s so nerve-wrecking not finding any information on the net, not even on the ecuadorian site crc which always had information, argh ! i hoped nico would play in miami but he´s singed out there, too, so we can just hope that he´ll be on tour again very soon!

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #102
country flag Kezzi

Maybe we can try to email his website and ask why they're not updating important news? It might help if they get several emails about that .
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #103
country flag takuma

Yeah, it's a good idea. We should consolidate our efforts in order to get some replies..I have the impression I can find any news on every single other player [ok, almost every other] except for 'Niklas'.That's disturbing...
So plz Mr.Lapentti, stop protecting your privacy that much, your faithful fans are being worried as hell!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #104
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
Yeah, it's a good idea. We should consolidate our efforts in order to get some replies..I have the impression I can find any news on every single other player [ok, almost every other] except for 'Niklas'.That's disturbing...
So plz Mr.Lapentti, stop protecting your privacy that much, your faithful fans are being worried as hell!
If it's about protecting his privacy it's going a little far I think. It's not like we're asking about girlfriends or anything. We just want to know if he's not injured and what's going on in his tenniscareer
Old 03-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #105
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

He's been out for quite a while now and still no update .

Hurry back Nico