Wat are ur favourite movies? Wats so good about them? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #16
hedgehog

hedgehog will become famous soon enoughhedgehog will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wat are ur favourite movies? Wats so good about them?

Breakfast Club........as when i was told about it before I first ever saw it, I thought a load of students in detention in a room?? how boring, but when i saw it I loved it, so many great lines in it, and great seeing how the different personalities clash and learning about their emotions and what makes them tick.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2004, 04:27 PM   #17
country flag Aranince

Aranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond repute

The Lord of the Rings - action, adventure, fantasy and a top cast!
Phone Booth - Really exciting movie... Colin Farell is great in this movie
Pirates of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp should've gotten that oscar grrr :P
Willow - Good story, good action

24 - mhh isn't a movie right? ahh well... 24 is the best tv show ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
Monty Python and The Quest for the Holy Grail

Because it has a killer rabbit in it, that's why!
Couldn't agree more!!!

And all of Tim Burton's movies! He's the best director ever

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

- MacManus Brothers

Andy ~ Carlos ~ John ~ J-C ~ Arnaud ~ Roger ~ Guga ~ Younes ~ Igor ~ Rafael ~ Sebastien
Aranince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:06 PM   #18
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

The Bridges of Madison County: I have watched it thousand of times, the 1st time I watched it was when I was 10 years old I think. The story is so cute, so real, and at the end so sad that everytime I watch it I finish crying. But the best thing is that the story is not done with young actors who fall in love and blah blah blah, it's between 2 experienced people with an already "done" life. Apart that I adore Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood acting here.

The Diary of Bridget Jones: It's such a funny movie that I crack up everytime I watch it. Apart that I adore that British accent, and also Colin Firth

The Others: Quite scary for me at that time....I loved all the environment that the director gave to the movie, etc...very good one.

21 Grams: Surprising.....I loved the way all the scenes were sort of not matching, and later slowly with the time, you could understand all what had happened. And the end....wow...
Old 04-17-2004, 12:23 AM   #19
country flag andylover_16

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute

The Talented Mr. Ripley- Matt damon is amazing in this movie. Within the storyline he becomes infatuated with Dick Greenfield (jude law) a do nothing woman lover who loves to travel around Italy. Tom Ripley(matt damon) does what he knows: lie, and even steal an idenity to get close to Dicky and become quite good friends with him. I wont give the entire movie away so youll just have to see it for yourself, if you havent already, but what a great one it is.

Lord of The Rings- what more can i say than FANTASTIC! Fantastic music, fantastic acting, fantastic plot. I Love all three parts!

The Breakfast Club- its so intriguing to watch 5 completaly different people become friends. This movie is all in one hillarious, touching and dramatic. Plus who could've written a better paper than Anthony Michael Hall? What a drop dead gorgeous fellow.

About A Boy- i love how this bachelor and young boy find each other and become friends with common interests and problems. Plus the soundtrack is awesome

Lost In Translation- its interesting and hard to explain why i like it. Its just a good movie.

In America- this movie is based on the struggle an irish family goes through when they come to america. The acting is great and the plot is wonderful.

Anything Monte Python- so clever and ...BRITISH

21 Grams- i really like how it comes together in the End. I find it interesting that one Tragedy tied three families together in an unusual way.

Schindlers List- im a sap for anything about the holocaust. i know that sounded weird, but this movie is amazing.

Sylvia- a movie about the greatest Poet to ever live and her struggles and feats. This movie is melodramatic at times yes, but its very good. Gwenyth Paltrow is Amazing in it!

Welcome To Sarejevo- it is based on "natashas story" the 1993 documentary of ITN correspondent Micheal Nicholson. A wonderful movie that just completely opens your eyes. The events it speaks of like bosnias descent into war and concentration camps in Omarska and Tyrnopologe are just so accurate and in depth. It was really interesting to watch.

Queer as Folk (the complete first season)- brilliantly written, directed and cast and the fact that its so controversial and shocking makes it well worth it. The Characters also seem so complex and its interesting to watch them progress.

South Park- so damn funny and realistic at the same time(kind of)

Secret Window- its so confusing and left me wondering throughout the whole movie and then in the end it all made sense. Johnny Depp is so good in this movie (in most movies he does) and i finally realized why people admire him so much.

C'mon: Andy Roddick, Tim Henman..

Last edited by andylover_16 : 04-17-2004 at 12:27 AM.
andylover_16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:19 AM   #20
country flag *SKYE*

*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute*SKYE* has a reputation beyond repute

how about funni movies? which comedy movies are good coz im gonna rent sum vids tonite i think...

GaStOn GaUdIo AndY RoDdIcK LleYtOn HeWiTt MaRaT SaFiN
*SKYE* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:00 AM   #21
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

Dark City - Terrific sci-fi movie, it is extremely similar to The Matrix yet was released before it
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #22
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Talented Mr. Ripley- Matt damon is amazing in this movie. Within the storyline he becomes infatuated with Dick Greenfield (jude law) a do nothing woman lover who loves to travel around Italy. Tom Ripley(matt damon) does what he knows: lie, and even steal an idenity to get close to Dicky and become quite good friends with him. I wont give the entire movie away so youll just have to see it for yourself, if you havent already, but what a great one it is.
I was actually quite disappointed with this movie.. The storyline and the tension were nowhere near what I expected.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #23
country flag andylover_16

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
I was actually quite disappointed with this movie.. The storyline and the tension were nowhere near what I expected.
really? i liked it, but the ending wasnt what i had hoped for. Plus Jude doesnt have his british accent lol, but overall i thought it was a good movie.

Anyone ever seen Breaking Away? that is another on of my favorites.

C'mon: Andy Roddick, Tim Henman..
andylover_16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #24
country flag Mike84

Mike84 is on a distinguished road

Horror movies, of course
Mike84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:34 PM   #25
country flag Aranince

Aranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
Dark City - Terrific sci-fi movie, it is extremely similar to The Matrix yet was released before it
ow ow.. Dark City is kewlllll!!!! I love that movie!
esspecially the end....

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

- MacManus Brothers

Andy ~ Carlos ~ John ~ J-C ~ Arnaud ~ Roger ~ Guga ~ Younes ~ Igor ~ Rafael ~ Sebastien
Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 PM   #26
country flag Denise

Denise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond reputeDenise has a reputation beyond repute

"THE PASSION OF CHRIST" because this movie shows the reality and I think pple needed to know the true and stop sayin' Jesus is a myth or smth.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:33 PM   #27
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranince

24 - mhh isn't a movie right? ahh well... 24 is the best tv show ever!!!
Oh!! yeah!! I love 24, too!! It is the tv show, but much more terrific than a lot of movies!! BTW, which season of 24 do u like best? For me, it's still the first one, but I haven't seen the 3rd season yet....
And x Files, another wonderful tv show.....I have stuck to it for many years.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #28
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Shawshank's Redemption - It always gives u hope no matter what difficulties u met
The Lengend of 1900 - Great and lengendary piano player, who never left his birthplace-a ship in his whole life. You will definitely be attracted by his music.
Cinema Paradiso - Anyone who loves films will love this film!
Lord Of The Rings - won't say anything, it has been the milestone of the history of filmes
Gladiator - A history from a general to a slave, and a slave to a hero
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #29
country flag Aranince

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora
Oh!! yeah!! I love 24, too!! It is the tv show, but much more terrific than a lot of movies!! BTW, which season of 24 do u like best? For me, it's still the first one, but I haven't seen the 3rd season yet....
And x Files, another wonderful tv show.....I have stuck to it for many years.
I also like the first season the most! But season 2 is also really good!
Season 3 hasn't been on tv here...can't wait! My brother bought 24 season 1 and 2 on dvd... so i'm watching them now for the second time With deleted scenes..

The X-Files are good too!! I used to love that tv show! Untill Mulder left..hehe.. i never saw it again after that... Now they are showing the very first episodes here on tv again yayyy

- MacManus Brothers