Record Keeping of Betting History - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
country flag Doctor Dance

Doctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond repute
Default Record Keeping of Betting History

Ok so before I never used to keep track of my bets placed, winnings, losses etc but that is something I want to do now as it definitely sounds like a sensible thing to do.

I was hoping someone culd give me tips/ideas of what or how my spreadsheet should look like. I mean I can do a very basic one with winnings and losses but is there anything else I should keep note of? e.g record by sports? by month? ROI%? etc

Also if anyone is kind enough could you send me an example of what you use to keep track? I promise I will not give to anyone else, just so it gives me an idea since this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance for your help
Doctor Dance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Record Keeping of Betting History

I am using excel, which looks like this:

You can download it yourself here. Everything is done, the only things you need to fill in yourself are the date, the bet, the odd, the stake, the result and then win or loss; it will calculate the rest automatically.
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I advised on this was the time when Twist trolled the gamblers forum and you stuck your oar in...take a step back in time by 7 months or so
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Nice stuff Dahli
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:12 AM   #5
country flag Doctor Dance

Doctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
Last time I advised on this was the time when Twist trolled the gamblers forum and you stuck your oar in...take a step back in time by 7 months or so
when you say "stuck your oar in" and mean I criticised in anyway feel free to give me a link or quote me on it becuse I have no idea what you are talking about. As to Twistserve (I think that is who your refer to) he was the biggest fool I had come across on the internet with respect to gambling

Dahil - thanks a lot, I manipulated your spreadsheet to tailor for me. Appreciate your help
Doctor Dance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #6
country flag The Tennis Ninja

The Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tennis Ninja has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dude, will give this a go rather than my pathetic amater attempt to use excel!
The Tennis Ninja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
bad gambler

Definitely keep record of all your bets
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #8
country flag squash

squash is on a distinguished road

any chance someone could upload the file again please.

thanks.
squash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
country flag trey

trey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond reputetrey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Definitely keep record of all your bets
Why would you say it's so important?
trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey View Post
Why would you say it's so important?
Probably a couple of reasons:
- If you keep a record of your bets, preferably by sport, you will get a transparent view of what sports you are more successful in and on the flip side those that you are struggling in. It then gives you a chance to scale back or even eliminate betting on that sport going forward to it helps you focus on your strengths
- Its simply good practice - gives you an idea of your overall position and helps for those gamblers that set targets (like myself) whether it be on a daily/monthly/yearly basis of what return you want to achieve
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
country flag Jajabiggs

Jajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond reputeJajabiggs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahli View Post
I am using excel, which looks like this:

You can download it yourself here. Everything is done, the only things you need to fill in yourself are the date, the bet, the odd, the stake, the result and then win or loss; it will calculate the rest automatically.
Would like to get a copy of this. It is not on the site anymore can you email it to me??

bordovski81@yahoo.com

thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #12
country flag ifrit375

ifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond reputeifrit375 has a reputation beyond repute

someone email me a copy:
wang375@optusnet.com.au
ifrit375 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
country flag RaghuBhai

RaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond reputeRaghuBhai has a reputation beyond repute

is there anyway someone can email me this spreadsheet?? or something similar!!
RaghuBhai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote