Ranking Watch - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #46
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
If I am not wrong, he will lose 20 points.

15 of the 2nd round in Viña and 5 of the 1st round in Buenos Aires.

The 10 points from Costa Do Sauipe, he will defend them in Memphis.
He will lose 9 points from Viña and 5 from Costa. And in that Memphis week he will need to win his first round to add a couple of points (10 points with a first round win, 35 with a QF spot).
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #47
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralimon View Post
He will lose 9 points from Viña and 5 from Costa. And in that Memphis week he will need to win his first round to add a couple of points (10 points with a first round win, 35 with a QF spot).

Where do you get those numbers from?

As I understand it, Del Potro got 15 points from the second round in Viña, 5 points from the first round in Bs.As. and 10 points from the first round in Costa do Sauipe after coming off the qualies.

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/player...sp?player=D683

Maybe I am wrong but I think Memphis gives 25 points for a first round win (thats reaching R/16) and 60 for a QF.

http://stevegtennis.com/factsheets/2006/a-memphis.htm

Am I missing something?
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #48
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And how is Del Potro losing Costa do Sauipe's points if the Brazilian tournament last year was held in the 8th week (the week when Memphis is played).

Buenos Aires and Costa changed weeks.

As I see it Del Potro will lose Buenos Aires and Viña's points and going to defend Costa do Sauipe's points in Memphis.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #49
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where do you get those numbers from?

As I understand it, Del Potro got 15 points from the second round in Viña, 5 points from the first round in Bs.As. and 10 points from the first round in Costa do Sauipe after coming off the qualies.

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/player...sp?player=D683

Maybe I am wrong but I think Memphis gives 25 points for a first round win (thats reaching R/16) and 60 for a QF.

http://stevegtennis.com/factsheets/2006/a-memphis.htm

Am I missing something?
Del Potro has 15 points from Viña, but replace it with his 19th result and you'll have 9 points less. Then replace Costa's points with his 20th result and you get 5 points less (anyways he'll have his Memphis points by then).

You are right about Memphis, I didn't know the ATP had increased the amount of points this year (last year, a player received 5 points for a 1st round and 15 for a 2nd).

Quote:
And how is Del Potro losing Costa do Sauipe's points if the Brazilian tournament last year was held in the 8th week (the week when Memphis is played).

Buenos Aires and Costa changed weeks.

As I see it Del Potro will lose Buenos Aires and Viña's points and going to defend Costa do Sauipe's points in Memphis.
I never said he was losing Costa's points in the 7th week, I just omitted Buenos Aires.
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:35 AM   #50
country flag Hendu

Quote:
Del Potro has 15 points from Viña, but replace it with his 19th result and you'll have 9 points less. Then replace Costa's points with his 20th result and you get 5 points less (anyways he'll have his Memphis points by then).

You are right about Memphis, I didn't know the ATP had increased the amount of points this year (last year, a player received 5 points for a 1st round and 15 for a 2nd).

I never said he was losing Costa's points in the 7th week, I just omitted Buenos Aires.
He loses 9 from Viña and defends the 10 points from Costa do Sauipe in Memphis.

He is not defending Buenos Aires points, but its irrelevant to his immediate ranking, because it was a non-countable tournament.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #51
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are so lucky being close to all those tournaments!!!

I am not a big fan of grass either, but every player who has aspirations to reach the top should play all the big tournaments.

I always preferred clay, but I never completely understood the players who skip the grass season... and I'm pretty sure that with some time Del Potro could become a good grass court player.
Yes, he is tall with a big serve. and he moves well. I think you could be right. Lots of the Argie players seem to have a mental block against it, but JM has already said he prefers harder, faster surfaces, so with some work and practice, he could do well

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #52

As of 2/5/07 Juan's ranking according to the ATP Site is #67.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #53
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
As of 2/5/07 Juan's ranking according to the ATP Site is #67.
yes, i just saw it! repoters said this week-end he is the youngest top 100!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #54
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Week commecing 19/02/07 - JM's ranking down only two places to Number 69.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #55
country flag Hendu

26/02/07

I have the feeling he will jump around ten spots in the ranking this week.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #56
country flag Hendu

Quote:
26/02/07

I have the feeling he will jump around ten spots in the ranking this week.

me and my feelings...
Old 03-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #57
country flag Hendu

now Korolev is taking advantage of the week draw...

lost opportunity, but now we are going to Indian Wells and he has nothing to defend there.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #58
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Week commencing 5th March - JM is at Number 65

Old 03-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #59
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Well I don't begin to understand the ranking system - LOL - but as of week commencing 19/03/07, Juan's ranking is up to 63, which I think is his highest ever!

Old 04-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #60
country flag Hendu

#58 Del Potro, Juan Martin (ARG) 643 +5

Del Potro is Top 60.

But this week he will play Davis Cup, and won't be able to defend the points from his victory in Aguascalientes Challenger, so he will probably go down some spots.