Commentary at its finest - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #196
country flag MarieS

MarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

"Federer has won 21 out of his last 22 matches here in Marat."
--Cliff Drysdale, telling us just how dominant Fed has been.
No, I'm not making that up. He was quick to switch to "melbourne" but we all know what he meant. and freudian slip anyone?
It's just you don't want to have a lot of expectations, because when you start to have a lot of expectations you just end up losing in the third round to God knows who. ~Marat Safin, summarizing his career

No comment:
Mawie: he kinda reminds me of me, he feels obligated to have every sentence be a joke
Maggie Tulliver: and he takes his clothes off when he sees a camera
Maggie Tulliver: it's a little pathetic
Maggie Tulliver: it's like his first reaction
MarieS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2007, 02:09 AM   #197
country flag artlinkletter

artlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond repute

!! Oh Clifford!
artlinkletter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:13 AM   #198
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Here they said "Berdych and Tursunov... errr Berdych and Safarova" were an item but I remind you they read MTF!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:45 AM   #199
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian View Post
Oh, Berdych WISHES he and the Gay Panther were an item.
Dmitry was spoted wearing Tomas' nike shirt in Perth
Old 01-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #200
country flag biliana

biliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond reputebiliana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemok View Post
I want to share some of the genius thoughts from Jordan Bojinov, the leader of Eurosport-Bulgaria team (sadly you guys can't listen to his commentary)

US OPEN 2006

"The official count of the audience tonight is 22 289, but that's true only if 5000 of them are disguised like empty seats"

"There should be an official rule in the matches against Agassi: no short balls against him, a little respect to the old man, please!"

"Welcome to the home of Youzhny, a home built from double faults"

"Baghdatis will appreciate meter and a half longer court, the real one appears to be too short for him'

"Now back to the Blake’s match, where the things are quite interesting, even criminal"

In Bulgarian they sound a lot better, but I think you can catch the spirit

just for the record - Jordan Bojinov is the best ever!
I will try to post some new stuff from him after AO 2007

TT singles results :: Winner :: Bratislava (CH)
TT doubles results :: Final /Bastad with Nadie, Maui CH, Cordoba CH/ :: SF /Los Angeles, Adelaide, Costa do Sauipe/ QF :: /Tokyo, Moscow, 's-Hertogenbosch, Acapulco, Beijing /with yemok/
PAW :: Winner /Miami, Chennai/ :: Final /Lyon/:: SF /Monte Carlo, Paris/ :: QF /Halle/
biliana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #201
country flag Osama B Hitler

Osama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond reputeOsama B Hitler has a reputation beyond repute

At Wimbledon around '86 or '87 Bud Collins was interviewing the winning mixed doubles team of Ken Flach and his partner (can't remember who it was). They were discussing mixed doubles strategy and Flach was saying that when in doubt go at the woman. Bud Collins then innocently asked Flach "Is that the goal: to NAIL the woman?". Flach looked at him and said "Uh, you wanna rephrase that, Bud?" and cracked up. Bud had no clue what was going on.
Osama B Hitler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #202
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Star Sports:

- Roger Federer is through to the QF and will face the American Tommy Robredo
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #203

artlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond repute

On StarSports, the commentator said

"Roger Federer, through to the next round, will face the American, Tommy Robredo."
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Star Sports:

- Roger Federer is through to the QF and will face the American Tommy Robredo
Hahahaha. You beat me to it! There is no possible explanation for that little mistake. Silly commentator! lol
Old 01-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #205
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ perfect timing! Mine was posted first though

I think he was probably looking at the names of the two Americans in the draw that are possible SF opponents and got confused.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #206
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

lol we heard the same great commentary

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #207
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlinkletter View Post
On StarSports, the commentator said

"Roger Federer, through to the next round, will face the American, Tommy Robredo."

Before the match, they were talkinh about Federer and he said Federer beat Sampras in Wimbledon in 1996.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #208
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

During the Hewitt-Gonzalez match yesterday, the commentators were talking about what Hewitt could possibly do to get into the match.

John Alexander: 'what Lleyton needs is the doctor who injected Wayne Arthurs to inject Gonzalez'

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #209
country flag Metis

Armitraj was taken by the deep strong voice of the umpire of the Paes/Stosur-Allegro/Bovina mixed doubles match and couldn't stop talking about it.

- You really like his voice, don't you Vijay?
- It is absolutely amazing. He should give us a song. He is a baritone not allegro.

(Amritraj wanted to make a joke there since Allegro was playing but obviously he has zero knowledge about music )
Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #210
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote