Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2007 (47 managers in 153 tournaments) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #106
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers Thread (TT schedule in the first post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
I want to manage Mexico City Challenger (125+h) ...
Same week than Nasdaq Open "2nd week" and Napoli Challenger...
But maybe Deathless Mortal prefers to do it
I'll do the challenger that week, but maybe they will be few challengers...

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #107
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosimoo View Post
I'll do the challenger on 5/21 if that is ok.
I'm not sure yet if there will be any challengers played that week, last year there wasn't (due to RG quallies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
I would like to do Casablanca (Challenger,9-15 April), if this calendar is correct:

http://www.tennisteen.it/modules.php...owpage&pid=406
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
I want to manage Mexico City Challenger (125+h) ...
Same week than Nasdaq Open "2nd week" and Napoli Challenger...
But maybe Deathless Mortal prefers to do it
Deathless already has it and we don't know yet how many challengers will be run that week.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 PM   #108
country flag Melvins

Melvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
This year the doubles points for 1st round losers are 5 points as per the ATP
Thanks

FREDERICO GIL - RUI MACHADO - GASTÂO ELIAS - LEONARDO TAVARES
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO - NEUZA SILVA - FREDERICA PIEDADE - MARIA JOÃO KOEHLER - MAGALI DE LATTRE

THE FUTURE
GASTÃO ELIAS
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO
Melvins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #109
country flag Foosimoo

Foosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond reputeFoosimoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
I'm not sure yet if there will be any challengers played that week, last year there wasn't (due to RG quallies)
Ahh, how about one on 4/16 then.
Foosimoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #110
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

After a bit of a mess at the AO thread (sorry Gu, you're doing a great job there), I decided it was time to create a standard format for all the TT tournament threads. This way it's easier and faster for the players to find the information they are looking for. The problem with the AO thread is that the manager has only 3 posts for all the info and it makes things look messy when it's all in one post. There should be 7-8 posts for the manager to have in his/her control at the start of the thread.

Next I will go through all the posts that a TT tournament thread should have and then I will post an example from all of them.

Post #1 - 'Introduction to TT'

This post should only have the basic instructions of how to play TT and which tournament it is.

Post #2 - Fact Sheet

This post should include the key facts of the tournament, like the entry deadlines for singles and doubles, size of the draws, tournament ranking points table, time of the draws, etc.

Post #3 - Entry Lists

Singles and doubles entry lists + seeded players/teams lists

Post #4 - TT Singles Draw

Post #5 - TT Doubles Draw

Post #6 - Schedule of Play

This post should have the overall schedule for the tournament and the daily schedule of play.

Note to managers: Remember the new rule of saving the daily schedules of all days. Don't just edit the post with the new schedule, keep the old ones too.

Post #7 - Stats & Awards

Post #8 - News & Info

It's up to the managers if they want to use different colours, fonts, pictures and things like that for the threads, but this way all the TT threads would have the same structure. I'll now post the example posts (from 1 to 8) using Murilo's excellent Durban thread as a basis for some of them.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #111
country flag Labamba

Tennis Tipping – Durban

South African Challenger tournament for Australian Open losers Better luck this time

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...37&postcount=1

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...14&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: Durban, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to murilo_esseka@yahoo.com.br

Good or bad luck
Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #112
country flag Labamba

Fact Sheet

1st Singles Entry Deadline: Sunday, 14th January 6:00 pm CET
Period for changes and doubles commitments: Monday, 15th January 0:00 – Friday 19th January 6:00 pm CET
Draw size for singles: 32 (28 direct entries, 4 qualy spots, 16 player qualy draw)
Draw size for doubles: 16 (14 direct entries, 2 qualy spots, 8 team qualy draw)
Time of the draw: QD Friday 7 pm CET, MDS Saturday 3 pm CET, MDD Saturday 4 pm CET
Assistant manager:

Code:
TT RANKING POINTS

W...108
F....75
SF...48
QF...25
R16..11
R32...1
Q.....3
Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #113
country flag Labamba

Entry Lists

Code:
SINGLES ENTRY LIST
Code:
SEEDED PLAYERS
Code:
DOUBLES ENTRY LIST
Code:
SEEDED TEAMS
Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #114
country flag Labamba

TT Singles Draw

Code:
KEY

Blue = winner
TB = Tie breaker
SR = set ratio
PTS = predict the score
CB = Countback

Final

Matches Counted: 0
Matches Remaining: 3

00:00 | v

Semi Finals

Matches Remaining: 4

Quarter Finals

Matches Remaining: ?

Second Round

First Round

Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #115
country flag Labamba

TT Doubles Draw

Code:
KEY

Blue = winner
TB = Tie breaker
SR = set ratio
PTS = predict the score
CB = Countback

Final

Matches Remaining: 3

Semi Finals

Matches Remaining: 4

Quarter Finals

First Round

Old 01-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #116
country flag Labamba

Schedule of Play

Code:
TT SCHEDULE

SINGLES:

Saturday ~ TT Q1 & (Q2)
Sunday ~ TT Qualy Final Round
Monday ~ TT R32
Tuesday ~ TT R16
Wednesday & Thursday ~ TT QF
Friday ~ TT SF
Saturday & Sunday ~ TT Final

DOUBLES:

Saturday ~ TT Q1 & (Q2)
Sunday ~ TT Qualy Final Round
Monday & Tuesday ~ TT R16
Wednesday & Thursday ~ TT QF
Friday ~ TT SF
Saturday & Sunday ~ TT Final
Sunday

Saturday

Friday

Thursday

Wednesday

Tuesday

Monday

Qualy Sunday

Qualy Saturday

Code:
EXPLANATION:

Match with nothing after it's name - Just pick the winner
Match with SR after it's name - Pick the winner and the sets (Ex: Arthurs 2-1)
Match with PTS after it's name - Pick the whole score (Ex: Arthurs 6:7 7:6 6:1)
Old 01-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #117
country flag Labamba

TT Stats & Awards
Old 01-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #118
country flag Labamba

TT News & Info

TT Links

Singles Rank
Doubles Rank
TB rules
TT stats thread
Managers thread
Rules thread
TT Addicts chat thread
World Clock
Old 01-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #119
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Entry Lists

Code:
SINGLES ENTRY LIST
Code:
SEEDED PLAYERS
Code:
DOUBLES ENTRY LIST
Code:
SEEDED TEAMS
Cant we just write in the entry list, first 8 players seeded, like it was now, I mean?
But, I like this new way for everything else

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #120
country flag Labamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Cant we just write in the entry list, first 8 players seeded, like it was now, I mean?
But, I like this new way for everything else
rankings used for entries and seeds are different this year