Commentary at its finest - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #166
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commentary at its best

listening to boris becker pronounce grosjean is funny enough, i know hes german and all and i should excuse his accent but its too funny, at queens and wimbledon it changes from "contersean" and " sebastien sean"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #167
country flag madmanfool

madmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond repute

Steven Martens (old Belgium Davis cup coach) and a co-commentator on sporza, belgium tv.
They were discussing the AO draw, more in particular the 1st round Moya-Blake.

-"Not an easy 1st round for Blake, Steven"
*"Definitely not, Mark, i believe Moya once reached the final of the Australian open in his younger days, did he not?"
- "Yes, he did"
* "He lost to Agassi if remember correct. How long has it been, 5 years or so, 2001 something like that. It was in the same year as he got to number 1"

moments later..

- "I looked it up, Steven. It wasn't in 2001, it was in 1997, 10 years ago"
* "1997!? That long ago? It feels like yesterday, Mark"

What they failed to find, Moya didn't lost to Agassi, he lost to Sampras and he got to number in 99.
Discusting, this Martens guy, is now working for the British lawn tennis association, making big bucks. Trying to help British tennis. I just can't stand that guy. When you here him talk, you get the feeling he knows nothing of tennis, and i'm not only talking about the history of the game.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #168
country flag artlinkletter

artlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond reputeartlinkletter has a reputation beyond repute

A commentator on StarSports talking about Marat's tendancy to get into 5 set matches at the Oz Open.

"That's how Marat likes it. Long and hard".
artlinkletter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #169
country flag madmanfool

madmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #170
country flag Loftra

Loftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond reputeLoftra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanfool View Post
Steven Martens (old Belgium Davis cup coach) and a co-commentator on sporza, belgium tv.
They were discussing the AO draw, more in particular the 1st round Moya-Blake.

-"Not an easy 1st round for Blake, Steven"
*"Definitely not, Mark, i believe Moya once reached the final of the Australian open in his younger days, did he not?"
- "Yes, he did"
* "He lost to Agassi if remember correct. How long has it been, 5 years or so, 2001 something like that. It was in the same year as he got to number 1"

moments later..

- "I looked it up, Steven. It wasn't in 2001, it was in 1997, 10 years ago"
* "1997!? That long ago? It feels like yesterday, Mark"

What they failed to find, Moya didn't lost to Agassi, he lost to Sampras and he got to number in 99.
Discusting, this Martens guy, is now working for the British lawn tennis association, making big bucks. Trying to help British tennis. I just can't stand that guy. When you here him talk, you get the feeling he knows nothing of tennis, and i'm not only talking about the history of the game.
Sabine Appelmans, Els Callens and Carl Maes are even worse, though.

Dutch Eurosport commentator when the roof of the Rod Laver Arena is getting closed:
" Of course they have taken this system from the Amsterdam Arena. That's why it's called "arena"... You commentator is just losing himself here."
Loftra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #171
bad gambler

Jim Courier was taking the piss out of John Aleaxander all night during the Hewitt match against Russell and there was definitely some tension there

Classic
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #172
country flag madmanfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftra View Post
Sabine Appelmans, Els Callens and Carl Maes are even worse, though.

Dutch Eurosport commentator when the roof of the Rod Laver Arena is getting closed:
" Of course they have taken this system from the Amsterdam Arena. That's why it's called "arena"... You commentator is just losing himself here."
Eurosport commentators are the worst, there is this guy who can litteraly talk you into sleep, and that other guy who is always ticking on his computer..ugh
Something i put the audio off, but then again you can't here the tennis either
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #173
country flag L James

L James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Jim Courier was taking the piss out of John Aleaxander all night during the Hewitt match against Russell and there was definitely some tension there

Classic
I like Courier's commentary and I can't stand JA. Good to see

And they definately don't like each other.

And what about Philippoussis making his commentary debut (I think) today? I liked his style
L James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #174
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L James View Post
I like Courier's commentary and I can't stand JA. Good to see

And they definately don't like each other.

And what about Philippoussis making his commentary debut (I think) today? I liked his style
I cant stand JA either... total idiot. I love how Jim gives it to him.

Mark did do some commentry on the Arthurs match. I think he was a little nervous, but it's so cute because he was trying.

I cant believe no one has mentioned Todd Woodbridge's oncourt interview with Nadal.. I was in hysterics when Todd mentions Nadal writes with his right hand but plays left and then innocently asks "so what else do you do left handed?". Nadal got embarressed when the crowd started laughing (obviously all had a dirty mind like me).. but Todd didn't seem to get the joke.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #175
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_fan View Post
I cant stand JA either... total idiot. I love how Jim gives it to him.

Mark did do some commentry on the Arthurs match. I think he was a little nervous, but it's so cute because he was trying.

I cant believe no one has mentioned Todd Woodbridge's oncourt interview with Nadal.. I was in hysterics when Todd mentions Nadal writes with his right hand but plays left and then innocently asks "so what else do you do left handed?". Nadal got embarressed when the crowd started laughing (obviously all had a dirty mind like me).. but Todd didn't seem to get the joke.
It was mentioned in the Nadal def. Kendrick thread. Besides, it was an on court inerview not commentary
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #176
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Frew MacMillan on Nadal:

Well he still can't find the right size underpants can he?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #177
country flag madmanfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsuk View Post
Frew MacMillan on Nadal:

Well he still can't find the right size underpants can he?
the guys on AO radio were talking about a wedgie.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #178
country flag belgampaul

belgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond reputebelgampaul has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe i'm hallucinating but i heard the commentator on the betfair ,when he was looking at the women's draw, saying Katarina Sperm :-D

I just remember that on BCC her last name sounded quite different, lol
belgampaul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #179
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

'This is the match of the week, Marat Safin and Rod Laver are tied 3-3 so far'
Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #180
country flag Regenbogen

Regenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
'This is the match of the week, Marat Safin and Rod Laver are tied 3-3 so far'