Davis Cup Squad - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #16
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup Squad

Lucky you!
Well, I don't know if I would go to Belarus(If I had the money for it!) it's such a different culture, it would be hard for sure...
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 12:22 PM   #17
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Then again it would only be for a week, plus the visas can be very expensive as well.

Different cultures and experiences help make the world what is, it would be horrible if we were all the same.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #18
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Well I seriously considered going to Belarus, but the timing of it, - just before my trip to Monte Carlo, - made things a bit difficult, - and getting Visas to go there is an absolute nightmare too, even though I have realtives there which should in theory make it easier (but actually doesn't ). So I will once again be glued to the "live scoring" on the Net, although the time difference means the matches are on at quite civilised times for me here - 10.00am on Sunday and mid-day the rest of the time.

It is true that it will be a very hard tie, - and a lot will depend on David's match against Max Mirnyi. I saw them play each other in Bercy a couple of years ago - it was a VERY close match - played on an outside court late at night in front of very few spectators, - but such excellent quality. The fast carpet surface there will be VERY fast, - and personally I don't see Coria beating Max (or even Voltchkov) on that surface, so it's probably all down to David and the doubles team. I know Coria beat Max in IW, but everyone is saying that it's a very slow hard-court there, so probably not a good example to use. Voltchkov is a very flashy player and very "up and down" - getting to finals and semi-finals one day, and then losing in the first round of challengers the next, so I just hope he has a bad week-end when he plays Argentina. Have to say that both he and Mirnyi do get very fired up for DC though, and they're an excellent quality doubles pairing who are good friends and play together a lot, - so, as I said - it won't be easy.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #19
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, I love learning from different cultures, but I didn't mean it in that way. As you said it's just one week, in fact just three days, and it would be really hard to get all the paper work in so little time. I so want Argentina to win this one!!! If we win, then I'll defenitly will go see the SF, I only have to take a bus to get to the court
Old 03-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #20
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Then again there is the Calleri/Arnold pairing as well. They seem to play together quite well and as inconsistent and frustrating as Calleri can be, he seems to lift his game for DC.

He took out Ferrero in his own country in his 1st singles match and played well in the doubles as well, so that will be vital as well.

Coria is far from a sure thing in the singles, that is why it's imperative that David plays and if he does he has to beat Mirnyi on the 1st day.

This tie could easily come down to the last match and that would mean David playing or if Coria isn't up to it, then maybe Calleri. I just hope they can get through.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 12:37 PM   #21
country flag jazz_girl

We have to admit that Coria is getting better and had a really good week in IW. But as Rosie said, I don't see him doing that well in a fast surface, I hope I'm wrong and he can win it. But our teams is getting to know each other and getting along great, which I think it's a plus. I think no one can be sure who's gonna win this, it's gonna be really close and I love that! I'll have to do a lot of yoga those days not to end up in the hospital because of stress!
Old 03-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #22
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

well I think you can manage without the yogo Jazz
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:41 PM   #23
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - can you imagine the DC tie coming down to the last rubber, and Calleri playing in a tense 5-setter to decide it? I love Calleri to pieces, - but his 5-set record is not good - I don't know who would be having the heart attack first - us or him

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #24
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

so lets hope that David wins both his matches
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #25
country flag jazz_girl

Poor Agustin!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #26
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Calleri is 0-7 in 5 setters and I saw the Canas match live he blew this year.

I would worry about some of the members of this board if it came down to that.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #27
country flag Kiara

Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Davis Cup Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
frustrating as Calleri can be, he seems to lift his game for DC

He took out Ferrero in his own country in his 1st singles match and played well in the doubles as well, so that will be vital as well...
I agree, he's a totally different player when it comes to [edit] davis cup, he totally floored Ferrero that day, on CLAY IN Spain!

They have a solid team, I hate to say it but Coria is the weakest link, If David can win his matches, Calleri and Lucas are a good doubles team, I hope they hold up well against Max and Voltchkov.

Last edited by Kiara : 03-23-2004 at 01:13 AM.
Kiara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote