Hi y'all - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
country flag Wodonga

Wodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi y'all

I am an old Aussi, I lived in Wodonga (Vic.) for abour 6 years when I was a kid, (between 1955 and 1961), so that's where the name comes from, since about 30 years I am living in Paris France and am quite happy to kick the bucket here, so although I still feel like an Aussi, let's say that I'm a bit of a frog as well.

I don't play tennis anymore, but I do enjoy stringing both for fun and an extra buck. I get a real kick out of stringing a bit better than the next guy, and I have a lot of faithfull payers who are glad to find me from time to time.

So, if ever you want an opinion on the subject of strings, stringing methods and stringing machines, I tend to be a little outspoken and often disagree with a lot of the crap which can be dished out by some well meaning stringers who still have a lot to learn. Of course I learn something new almost every week, there is always someone who's better in something, and the subject is huge.
So, I made the step to join you, I hope that you will be happy to welcome me. . .

Last edited by Wodonga : 12-26-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Wodonga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
country flag Naranoc

Naranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi y'all

Hello!

Nice to read about you - if you're outspoken, then take a seat and join a lot of the people here
Hope to see you around.
Naranoc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodonga View Post
I am an old Aussi, I lived in Wodonga (Vic.) for abour 6 years when I was a kid, (between 1955 and 1961), so that's where the name comes from, since about 30 years I am living in Paris France and am quite happy to kick the bucket here, so although I still feel like an Aussi, let's say that I'm a bit of a frog as well.

I don't play tennis anymore, but I do enjoy stringing both for fun and an extra buck. I get a real kick out of stringing a bit better than the next guy, and I have a lot of faithfull payers who are glad to find me from time to time.

So, if ever you want an opinion on the subject of strings, stringing methods and stringing machines, I tend to be a little outspoken and often disagree with a lot of the crap which can be dished out by some well meaning stringers who still have a lot to learn. Of course I learn something new almost every week, there is always someone who's better in something, and the subject is huge.
So, I made the step to join you, I hope that you will be happy to welcome me. . .
You married a Frenchie?
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

welcome

I might ask you some stringing questions later

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
country flag jocaputs

jocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond reputejocaputs has a reputation beyond repute

you bring some experience in here
jocaputs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
country flag musefanatic

Location: In Monaco harbour waiting for next week's GP with a drunken Kimi
musefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome here

15 wins- 14 poles- 456 points

Murray HenmanNieminen Ferrero Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
oh then i come to share the bed
musefanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
country flag Wodonga

Wodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond reputeWodonga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
You married a Frenchie?
Yep, you got it . . . .
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
country flag Wodonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naranoc View Post
Hello!
Nice to read about you - if you're outspoken, then take a seat and join a lot of the people here
Hope to see you around.
Thanks for the reply, when it comes to strings and stringing I have fairly strong opinions that tend to upset some stringers who think that they are on top of it all.
So I will be around.

By the way I have another favourite sport : Tennis results. If anyone is interested in visiting a web-site that I am working on with a few other Tennis Geeks, here is the biggest data-base in the world of International singles matches (ATP, WTA, ITF and ETA). It makes your life much easier when all of the results are available on the same site.
Here's the link :
http://www.coretennis.net/majic/page...ewsletter.html

Hope you enjoy your visit.

CU round . . .
Old 12-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #9
country flag Wodonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
welcome

I might ask you some stringing questions later
Thanks mate, try shooting me some questions, I'll do my best to answer them asap.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #10
country flag Wodonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic View Post
Welcome here
Thanks for your welcome, I admire Kimi as well, he did well to move elsewhere, it just wasn't as good as he deserves. Let's see if he has more luck in a nice new red one.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #11
country flag Wodonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocaputs View Post
you bring some experience in here
As far as strings, stringing and tennis results are concerned, I reckon that my experiences could well be constructive for a few of you out there.

I particularly appreciate what Argentina and their players contribute to tennis in general, whether it be the quality of the players, their attitude to the game and even their personal stringing machines in a little metal box.

It's just a pity that they didn't win the Davis Cup this year, they had their chance, but Marat was just too much for them.

By the way, experience is hard to transmit, it's better to live your own, but I don't mind giving you a few hints . . .
Old 12-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Wodonga!

There's a subforum here on MTF to talk about tennis equipment and everyone are welcome to exchange ideas, information, etc there.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

How lucky you are, many members here want to get marriage with French esp Eddie...Richie
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote