*~*The "I like difficult women and fast cars" Vids and Audio Thread*~* - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #31
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*The "Earings Look Too Cool On Me" Vids and Clips thread*~*

thanks, lau!!

for those who didn't see the match Safin-Acasuso highlights

http://safinartenis.forumcircle.com/viewforum.php?f=15

i will try to post the match with Tursunov in Copa Vilas...even this is an exhibition, are you interested, right?
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #32
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
thanks, lau!!

for those who didn't see the match Safin-Acasuso highlights

http://safinartenis.forumcircle.com/viewforum.php?f=15

i will try to post the match with Tursunov in Copa Vilas...even this is an exhibition, are you interested, right?
Even with the exhibitions not meaning anything, it would still be fun to see. Thanks for the efforts.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #33
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

More vids (FLV player required)

Yesterday (Wednesday) after hitting some balls with some kids in Nordelta (what he says is literally translated in the LANACION.com article I posted in the news thread here)

http://www.lanacion.com.ar//anexos/Video/06/32738.iflv

Arrival to the airport after DC final. Translation here

http://www.lanacion.com.ar//anexos/Video/06/32715.iflv

Last edited by lau : 12-07-2006 at 05:45 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #34
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
I found in YouTube (god bless youtube ) this really nice (and long) interview in a popular morning tv show after dc tie in Argentina Only in spanish, I`m sorry. Some interesting little details Promise will translate something during the weekend
part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwbfL...elated&search=
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSJiR...elated&search=
part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEDU...elated&search=
I forgot about this If I have time I´ll watch it again to translate the best parts. Most of it´s just funny But there are some interesting little details.
OK, here it is. I obviously didn´t translate a 30 min interview (with some uninteresting parts, really), but this are the most important comments and little pieces information.

• Tie vs. Australia in BA: Family and friends came to BA to watch him play. Most of his friends never watched him play live and some of them didn´t know Buenos Aires.
  • Chucho was with his family in the stands for the USA-ARG tie in Buenos Aires 88 (with a 17 yo Agassi and Mc Enroe). Chucho was 6 years old.
  • His grandfather had a “tennis club” or something like that. (He said he was almost born with a racquet in his hands) In the beginning they had only 1 court and his Gfather and his friends and his family where the ones that played (Chucho was like 3yo) he was the one bothering around the court and getting in the middle of it while they were playing.
  • His father teached him how to play and at 6 he had his first tennis professor
  • Juan, his brother, travelled with him till 2 years ago, mostly when he was without coach. He doesn´t travel with him anymore and is working with Chucho and other players (he doesn´t say doing what).
  • He talks about his time in France as he was offered to play there as part of a project about a future DC team(the journalists says Monaco, but Chucho doesn´t correct him). He had the opportunity to try and see if he adapted to the country and everything. That was January 99´. If he felt well he could sign the contract. He went there with his mother. He was only 2 weeks there because he missed a lot and wanted to come back: first Misiones and in February he came to Buenos Aires.
  • Juan is 31 years old. He played tennis when he was younger. He and their sister were the ones who played and Chucho was the little brother around bothering According to Chucho´s family, Juan was the “talented” one in the family, but he decided to study.
  • Chucho says one of his goals is being top ten. He said he improved a lot of things this year, mostly the mental aspect.
  • Chucho says all the Argentines have a good relationship with the Spaniards and speaking the same language obviously is related with this and that Nadal is a humble and nice person. But it´s difficult to have a friend in the tour, even with the Argentine players. He has got a good relationship with everyone (they go out to dinner and sometimes spend some time together in Buenos Aires), but the truth is that his friends are the ones from his childhood or the ones in Buenos Aires that are not related in any way to tennis. He says it´s difficult to have friends in the tour when all of them want the same things.
  • He never dated a tennis player. He thinks Kournikova is way hotter than Sharapova (of course!)
  • The matches are re-watched for technical reasons. Most of the times it´s his coach the ones that does it, but he watches them too sometimes.
  • In DC the coaching received by the Captain can be very useful because while you´re playing you miss some things.
  • Tie vs. Australia in BA: It was incredible for him to see Maradona with the “Chucho” shirt, he saw it during the match. He was wondering in that moment who gave him the shirt and it was Juan who gave it to Claudia (M´s ex wife). After winning he gave the shirt he used during the match to Diego as a way of thanking him his support.
  • The relationship between player and coach is difficult because you spend 24 hours a day with him. He is with you more time that the one he spends with his wife, and he spends more time with the coach than with his brother, that is the one that lives with him. Seeing the face of the same person the whole day is difficult, specially because it´s a job. But he has got an excellent relationship with Orsa, they have been together for almost 3 years, a record, considering the time the ARG players have stick with their coaches. Every time he had a coach he lasted more than 2 years.
  • Now when they travel Chucho is in one room and Orsa and his trainer share a room. So, the host says he can receive visits , and Chucho says he must keep his concentration during tournaments.
  • Juan says Chucho plays very well football, he is a lefty. He is a lefty for everything except for tennis.
  • Chucho says he can hit with both hands, but now he is more used to the right hand. He started holding the racquet with the left hand and played with both when he was a kid. As the racquet was bigger than him, his first professor teached him how to play with the right hand. Now it´s natural for him.
  • He thinks it´s great for the DC team to see JMDP reaching the level he is reaching because such a great generation of ARG players will be difficult to repeat. And it will obviously be an “emptiness” because he doesn´t think that from the next generation will be 10/9 in the top 100 as it happened with this one. That is very difficult.
  • Having a 1-1 peso-dollar equivalence helped his generation. Travelling abroad was easier. He thinks he was lucky to start playing in 1999 and when the economic crisis started in 2001 a lot of guys had to leave tennis because they couldn´t afford travelling.

Last edited by lau : 12-08-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #35
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for this Lau. Great work, as always.
Quote:
Now when they travel Chucho is in one room and Orsa and his trainer share a room. So, the host says he can receive visits , and Chucho says he must keep his concentration during tournaments.
Hmmmmmmmm.....what does he mean by receiving visits? Do you think he offers tea?
Old 12-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #36
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi View Post
Hmmmmmmmm.....what does he mean by receiving visits? Do you think he offers tea?
Well, he was not talking about that for sure
And as it´s George´s fav topic , Chucho said he is getting to know someone when they asked him if he had a GF. It was cute watching him geting a little nervous
That´s were the whole joke with his brother starts in the last part of the 3rd vid. Because they ask Chucho first and then they ask his brother and Juan says he doesn´t have GF so they introduce him to the female chef of the TV show Juan seems like a funny guy. He even said, when they started teasing him and the chef, that he studied for 1 year to be a chef and he never seemed ashamed he continued with the hilarious situation till the end
Juan

Last edited by lau : 12-08-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #37
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent job as usual, lau.

I haven't watched the videos since I don't understand the Spanish, but knowing some of the conversation now, will have to watch just for his reactions - especially this last part.

Seriously, he does seem to do a good job with these interviews and questions, and always has some good responses.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #38
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*The "I like difficult women and fast cars" Vids and Clips thread*~*

Video of Tenis Pro posted by alexito on my site with chucho, del potro and others

http://safinartenis.forumcircle.com/...67212daaa#5176
Old 12-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #39
country flag anna10

Default Re: *~*The "I like difficult women and fast cars" Vids and Clips thread*~*

I don't this has been posted, sorry if it's a dulicate: http://segundosaque.com/ , then go to Sector H / Equipo Titular .
Old 12-20-2006, 03:12 AM   #40
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna10 View Post
I don't this has been posted, sorry if it's a dulicate: http://segundosaque.com/ , then go to Sector H / Equipo Titular .
No, it was not posted. I spent a good time today checking all that site too
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 AM   #41
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Lau, that was a fantastic translation and got to love the big man, he is epitome of cool.

Orsa, Cristian and Chucho work together very well I have to say.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:33 AM   #42
country flag lau

Thanks.
BTW, in that video anna10 posted he says he prefers winning the DC to a Slam We should post that in GM
Seriously, IMO he said so because he was (the vid is post ARG-AUS tie and pre ARG-RUS tie) closer
to winning it.
Anyway, will watch it with more attention when I have time and will post something about it if it´s worth it.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:35 AM   #43
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

DC means a lot to people in Argentina and well look at how he played in that match against a Safin serving at 70 percent of 1st serves on a carpet court. It just makes the performance that much better.

One thing I like about Chucho he doesn't talk at 2000 words per minute.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM   #44
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
One thing I like about Chucho he doesn't talk at 2000 words per minute.
That´s true, but he talks funny I don´t know many misioneros, as I´m from the opposite side of the country, but his brother (and other misioneros I do know) doesn´t talk like that, so I guess it´s just him.

Last edited by lau : 12-20-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #45
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
That´s true, but he talks funny I don´t know many misioneros, as I´m from the opposite side of the country, but his brother (and other misioneros I do know) doesn´t talk like that, so I guess it´s just him.
He is Chucho he has his own dialect.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1