Chucho News and Articles - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #256
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuuuuuuuuuucho View Post
Thanks Maria about the avatar, it's a bit fuzzy but I'm working on it. Would you happen to know what time on Sunday Chucho's playing in that Unicef match? I think it's on Sunday.
oh sorry i missed you question! anyway, lau replied to you! I didn't know even about that Unicef match

but here is more info about Punta del Este, Chucho will start the competition

in http://www.foxsportsla.com/scripts/

Argentinos Acasuso, Gaudio y Cañas animarán torneo en Punta del Este
13/12/2006
AFP
MONTEVIDEO (AFP) -Los argentinos José Acasuso, Gastón Gaudio y Guillermo Cañas protagonizarán junto al uruguayo Pablo Cuevas el torneo cuadrangular "Tenis en Punta 2007", que se disputará los días 28 y 29 de diciembre en el hotel Conrad de Punta del Este (140 km al este de Montevideo).

El certamen de exhibición que el pasado año ganó el argentino David Nalbandian al vencer en la final al chileno Nicolás Massú, conjugará esta temporada belleza y excelencia sobre el court, según adelantaron este miércoles los organizadores.

Emulando la iniciativa del Másters Series de Madrid, por primera vez en Sudamérica los aficionados podrán deleitar su vista disfrutando de un doble espectáculo, la excelsa clase de las raquetas dentro de la cancha y la elegancia de las modelos de Pancho Dotto, que oficiarán de alcanzapelotas, agregaron.

La actividad dará inicio con el partido entre José Acasusu, 27 de la ATP e integrante del plantel argentino subcampeón de la Copa Davis-2006, y el número uno del tenis uruguayo, Pablo Cuevas (230 ATP).

A continuación se enfrentarán Gastón Gaudio (34), campeón de Roland Garros 2004, y Guillermo Cañas (143).

Los ganadores disputarán al día siguiente la final del torneo, cuya organización estará a cargo de dos ex tenistas rioplatenses, el argentino Martín Jaite y el uruguayo Diego Pérez.

I remarked the new things that wasn't posted yet
:
briefly, it says that the audience will have 2 spectacles: the rackets on court and the beauty of the models of Pancho Doto that will perform as ball boys (taking the example from Master Series Madrid).
Acadsuso will start the competition on 27 December (Wednesady) against the uruguayo Pablo Cuevas.
After then Gaudio will play Cañas.

I must explain also that Punta del Este is the city on the sea most jet-set we have on the Rio de la Plata in Uruguay. All the top models and actors and actresses moved on to Punta del Este during the summer.
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 AM   #257
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
I´m really happy that the guys seem to be determined to do it I think that reaching the DC final gave them what they needed to try again this year and put all their will in it. We´ll have to wait and see what will all the team decide in that asado Chucho talked about
It was good that they all went to the big asado and none of that vegetarian stuff there and pretty much they want to be the first guys to win the DC for Argentina, now it's time to deliver.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #258
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
It was good that they all went to the big asado and none of that vegetarian stuff there and pretty much they want to be the first guys to win the DC for Argentina, now it's time to deliver.
about the forum getting busy: the thing is Chucho got a great fame after Davis Cup. Immagine if Argentina were the Champion!!! But in Argentina there is a tradition: when a national team did well even losing the competition people love them no matter the result. It is usual to say here: "Somos campeones morales", it means that the effort and the "garra" is really valuated and argentinians feel gratitude and clap the performance of the team.
So we are!

Last edited by maria87 : 12-17-2006 at 01:22 PM.
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #259
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho won't be playing in Chile after the Aus Open obviously as he has a tie in Austria to prepare for on carpet.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #260
country flag maria87

This is not a chucho's news but

MARRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope all of you have a good time and peace, love and joy...
And success for the uncoming year....Same for chucho!
Old 12-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #261
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I am disappointed to hear that Cristian Elseser is no longer Chucho's physical trainer, but he has been replaced by Martiniano Orazi and they have started work already.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #262
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

No more Christian around? How sad.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #263
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The Punta del Este show.

TENIS EN PUNTA 2007

Schedule

December 27

13:30 hs Pressconference - Conrad Punta del Este
Presentation of players

December 28

20:00 hs First semifinal
José Acasuso (Arg) vs Pablo Cuevas (Uru)

Later Second semifinal
Gastón Gaudio (Arg) vs Guillermo Cañas (Arg)

December 30

21:30 hs Final

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #264
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Martiniano Orazi have been working (I doubt he´ll work for them now) for the AAT as a trainer in the Escuela Nacional de Tenis.
There have been some changes in the AAT lately....
Too bad about Elseser, I liked him.
And thanks for the information about the Punta del Este exho..., I´m not sure if it will be broadcasted, but it would be fun to watch. I´ll turn my telly on at that time and see what happens
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #265
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Vale, who's a regular poster on the Gaudio forum, said that TyC Sports should be televising it live. Hope you can watch it and maybe report a bit.....
Old 12-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #266
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

OH! Thanks for the information, Choupi! TyC site is a disaster these days
I´ll be on a bus during his match against Cuevas , but if he wins it, I´ll watch the final. In fact, whoever wins I´ll watch it, any live tennis is good for me these days and I like Gastón and Cañas too
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #267
country flag Choupi

Well, good luck with it Lau.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:24 AM   #268
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi View Post
Vale, who's a regular poster on the Gaudio forum, said that TyC Sports should be televising it live. Hope you can watch it and maybe report a bit.....
hi, Choupi! unfortunatelly I missed Chucho's match but he won in 2 sets to Pablo Campos, and then i saw Cañas-Gaudio. Cañas won in 2 sets and the match was funny.

Tomorrow at 20.30 TyC Sports will show the finals between Chucho and Cañas. THAT i won't miss and i will do a report!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:32 AM   #269
country flag maria87

From TyC Sports

Acasuso y Cañas definirán la exhibición

Chucho derrotó a Pablo Cuevas por 6-4 y 6-2 y Willy venció a Gastón Gaudio por 6-2 y 7-5. Mañana, desde las 20.30, la definición se verá por TyC Sports.

Hace muy poco finalizó oficialmente la temporada 2006 para los tenistas argentinos y también dentro de pocas semanas dará comienzo otro exigente año, que tendrá como primera prueba el Abierto de Australia.

De cara a ese gran objetivo, el primer Grand Slam, en Punta del Este se juega una exhibición de la que participan José Acasuso, Guillermo Cañas, Gastón Gaudio y Pablo Cuevas, quien nació en nuestro país y representa a Uruguay.

En el primer encuentro de la jornada, Chucho evidenció la diferencia de categoría con el chico Cuevas (230° del mundo, jugador de Challengers) y obtuvo un cómodo triunfo por 6-4 y 6-2.

"Estoy entrenándome muy fuerte y estos partidos vienen muy bien para llegar preparado de la mejor manera posible a Australia", afirmó el misionero tras la victoria.

El otro finalista es Guillermo Cañas, quien en el cierre del día superó a Gastón Gaudio por 6-2 y 7-5. "Estoy contento por haber jugado bien y hacía mucho que no me divertía tanto. Estoy tratando de ponerme a punto, contra jugadores de gran nivel, como sucedió en Buenos Aires", dijo Willy.

I translate the part about chucho:
"In the first match of the day, Chucho showed the difference of level (or quality) with the boy Cuevas (230 in the world, player of Challengers) and won easily in 2 sets: 6-4, 6-2
Chucho's words:
"I am trainning very hard and these matches are very good to arrive in the best form possible to the Australian Open"

Cañas said he is happy to play with the best players and he had great fun during the match with Gaudio.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:12 AM   #270
country flag Choupi

How I wish I could see this...............