Chucho News and Articles - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #226
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chucho News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
Short interview in Ole today. Anna posted the photo in the photos thread.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20061213

TENNIS: JOSÉ ACASUSO, FACE TO FACE WITH OLE
“We are favourites”

Chucho analyzes the Davis Cup tie against Austria and speaks of the time he thought of quitting tennis.

SANTIAGO GRAZIOLO. sgraziolo@ole.com.ar
The guy doesn´t stop. Only 10 days from his match against Marat Safin in Moscow passed and since the moment he arrived to the country, José Acasuso played two exhibitions last week (Vilas Cup and Indoor Masters of Córdoba) and yesterday he was in Pilar Golf Club in the Ole 10º Anniversary Meeting, where a group of amateur tennis players asked him about his professional life. After that he chatted with this newspaper. “Today I enjoy my holidays”, José said.

-But you didn´t stop…

-Well, but now I´ll spend some days resting and then I´ll travel to start the tour activity. This year I decided to start directly in the Australian Open. (starts 15th February)

-More than a week after the Davis Cup final passed… Which are the sensations left?

-I think that if the tie would have been played on clay, we would have won the Cup, but it was not that way. The team is convinced that will go for "revenge" (it´s not so strong in Spanish) in a short time. What we didn´t understand is that the press said that there was an argument between Nalbandian and Mancini, but nothing happened. It bothered us because this group, if it´s characterized by something, is the union that showed. Really, it was only an ideas exchange.

-The road of “revenge” (again, it is not this strong when it is said in Spanish) starts in Austria. How do you see the tie?

-We make a great team and Austria has got their figures, such as Jurgen Melzer in the singles. He is in a good doubles with someone like Julian Knowles. Despite not being locals and that it will be on carpet, I trust that we are favourites for this tie.

-How do you feel nowadays in the tour?

-I´m 24 years old and I already have 8 as a professional, so, I feel like a veteran. I still remember when I came to live to Buenos Aires, what meant a change coming from Misiones, and the bad moments when the idea of quitting tennis crossed my mind.

-What?!

-Yes. During 2002 and 2003 I thought I would never play again due to the injuries I suffered, I could not recover from them. I was afraid I would never be healthy again because every time I entered a court I played a tournament and got injured for two months (adductor muscle, knee, etcetera). It was a difficult moment. But today I´m happy I haven´t quited tennis.

-A unique 2006 comes to an end for you. What are your goals for 07?

-The idea is to be in the top 15 (today he´s 27º). With my work group we are doing everything possible to make it. It´s essential having a good performance in all surfaces. Tennis is getting more and more professional, good players are “emerging”. The one I like the most is Novak Djokovic, a 19 years old Serbian that is in the top 20 (16º). Most of them have a good level and in the little details the difference is made.

The next one, with Cañas
José will take some free days, he´ll skip the Copa Argentina and on Sunday he´ll play another exhibiton, in Parque Roca, during the “Interclubes” final, called “Liga de Primera” (Prime League). There, he´ll face Guillermo Cañas. The League final will count with Juan Chela, Juan Monaco, Martín Vassallo, Mariano Zabaleta, Luis Lobo and Javier Frana.

It will be carpet in Austria
Austria chose indoor carpet (there will be low temperatures) for the first round tie, that will be played between the 9th and 11th February. The place will be the Intersport Arena of Linz, a city with 180,000 inhabitants in the North of the country. Meanwhile, Chile will recieve Russia, the current champion, in La Serena´s clay.
Great work with the translation Lau and all of the places to play in Austria, the Austrians chose the dump of Linz, but they need to win these ties away from home.

Everyone wants to know him now, then again this is not a surprise, we all know how fickle people are.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #227
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

OK..., this is the only thing I´m going to say about this issue (GF) here, because it is pretty public and we could even hear about it on tv.
That girl, Agustina Córdova, was in the 2 exhibitions Chucho played, only in his matches, and she seated in Chucho´s box, with his people.
Whether she is his GF or not, I don´t know (anybody knows), and I´m not really interested. But it´s pretty obvious something is happening there
I hope both have fun and wish him happiness whatever is the case.

And I would like to add that as a Marat Safin fan I´m (sadly) used to read some nasty/unfair/judgemental comments that occasionally are made about his GFs (or whatever can they be called) and the relation he has with them. I don´t think any of us know any of them good enough to make such comments. I suggest we spare us that in this forum.

EDIT: Now we´ll have 3 pages of GF talking

Last edited by lau : 12-14-2006 at 10:17 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #228
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuuuuuuuuuucho View Post
I don't speak Spanish very well, but I used one of those free translator services and I thought it said they were all over each other at the bar...but I could be wrong. Anyway, the press is all over this story...whether it's true or not...I'm hoping not.
yes you understand quite well the article...She was showen on
TV during the match and the reporter said "This is Chucho's gf"...I was surprised because i read the article which was posted here where he said he has no gf. But apparently they met after that.

Anyway i always think why tennist player use to date models and actreeses? I am just curious...This is a matter we can talk freely i supposed like any other if we talk with respect!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #229
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Everyone wants to know him now, then again this is not a surprise, we all know how fickle people are.
YES!! especially Para Ti magazine!! THAT was a surprise!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #230
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post

Anyway i always think why tennist player use to date models and actreeses? I am just curious...This is a matter we can talk freely i supposed like any other if we talk with respect!
Maybe in a chat thread. This is the "Chucho News and Articles" thread
Old 12-14-2006, 10:25 AM   #231
country flag maria87

Quote:
Maybe in a chat thread. This is the "Chucho News and Articles" thread
well, these are News about Chucho you like it or not...Private life is important for a tennis player or any other sport, lau! it is not matter to do a gossip-thread....just to talk seriously about the matter. Even Chucho said he cannot avoid to watch girls during a match and even you laughed the other day and commented about an article that says he lost a match because of some girls in the match. Lau, you don't have to overreact I think, i say it with all respect.

you don't want to open a thread "chucho gf", right? that would be non-sense i think
Old 12-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #232
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK..., this is the only thing I´m going to say about this issue (GF) here, because it is pretty public and we could even hear about it on tv.
That girl, Agustina Córdova, was in the 2 exhibitions Chucho played, only in his matches, and she seated in Chucho´s box, with his people.
Whether she is his GF or not, I don´t know (anybody knows), and I´m not really interested. But it´s pretty obvious something is happening there
I hope both have fun and wish him happiness whatever is the case.

And I would like to add that as a Marat Safin fan I´m (sadly) used to read some nasty/unfair/judgemental comments that occasionally are made about his GFs (or whatever can they be called) and the relation he has with them. I don´t think any of us know any of them good enough to make such comments. I suggest we spare us that in this forum.

EDIT: Now we´ll have 3 pages of GF talking
Well said, and truly hope we can avoid this type of discussion here. If something is posted in the media, it might be one thing to share the article, but it's another for any speculation past that when we (or most of us, I imagine) really know nothing more than what is given to us this way.

Quote:
well, these are News about Chucho you like it or not...Private life is important for a tennis player or any other sport, lau! it is not matter to do a gossip-thread....just to talk seriously about the matter.
There you go: "private life." Just because their profession makes them a public figure does not mean they don't deserve a private life. They can't live in a cave when they're off the tennis court which leaves them open to some publicity when maybe they'd prefer none, but that doesn't mean we have to spend pages discussing a situation we know almost nothing about.

I think lau's suggestion of a chat thread is perfect for anyone who wants to continue discussion of a gf or if it's appropriate for a news thread.

Last edited by anna10 : 12-14-2006 at 10:38 AM.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #233
country flag maria87

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna10 View Post
There you go: "private life." Just because their profession makes them a public figure does not mean they don't deserve a private life. They can't live in a cave when they're off the tennis court which leaves them open to some publicity when maybe they'd prefer none, but that doesn't mean we have to spend pages discussing a situation we know almost nothing about.
there you go: did you really read what i wrote???? apparently not...try and read and then reply about what i said.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #234
country flag maria87

i mean: i am not trying to go to any speculations....it is just a comment media did and private life is important for any sport-man and have serious effects on their perfomances...Of course i wish him luck and happiness in that matter.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #235
country flag maria87

if we cannot say anything about a gf, so we have to delete the part of the article in Para Ti or any other where he is asked about that matter...give me a break! with all respect.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #236
country flag lau

Quote:

Quote:
I think lau's suggestion of a chat thread is perfect for anyone who wants to continue discussion of a gf or if it's appropriate for a news thread.
I meant a CHAT thread http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271 or any other of that type. Personally, I like, in this case, the policy they have about this issue in the Gastón Gaudio forum here in MTF

Last edited by lau : 12-14-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #237
country flag maria87

Quote:
we are not discussing anything about chucho's gf...we just commented an article appeared in the press
Old 12-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #238
country flag lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Great work with the translation Lau and all of the places to play in Austria, the Austrians chose the dump of Linz, but they need to win these ties away from home.

I´m really happy that the guys seem to be determined to do it I think that reaching the DC final gave them what they needed to try again this year and put all their will in it. We´ll have to wait and see what will all the team decide in that asado Chucho talked about
Old 12-14-2006, 12:17 PM   #239
country flag lau

And it seems that Chucho will play another exhibition, according to LA NACIÓN

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/EdicionIm...nota_id=867340 (scroll down)

Tenis y glamour. Los argentinos José Acasuso, Gastón Gaudio y Guillermo Cañas protagonizarán, junto con el uruguayo Pablo Cuevas, el torneo cuadrangular Tenis en Punta 2007, que se disputará entre el 28 y el 29 del actual en el hotel Conrad, de Punta del Este. El certamen de exhibición, que el año último ganó Nalbandian al vencer en la final al chileno Nicolás Massú, tendrá una particularidad: las alcanzapelotas serán modelos de Pancho Dotto, una modalidad similar a la efectuada en el Masters Series de Madrid, donde también las encargadas de alcanzar las pelotas eran modelos.

translation:
Tennis and glamour The Argentines José Acasuso, Gastón Gaudio and Guillermo Cañas will play, along with the Uruguayan Pablo Cuevas, the ¿quadrangular? tournament "Tenis en Punta 2007", that will be played between the 28th and 29th of December in the Conrad Hotal in Punta del Este. The exhibition, that last year Nalbandian won when defeating the Chilean Nicolás Massú, will have something particular: the ballboys will be Pancho Dotto´s (a very famous model agent) models, a "mechanism" similar to the one used in Madrid MS, where the ballgirls were models.

EDIT: and, as it is mentioned in the last interview I translated, he´ll be playing the “Liga de Primera” this Sunday.

EDIT 2:
Quote:
you laughed the other day and commented about an article that says he lost a match because of some girls in the match.
If you read what I posted you would know he WON that match. I was laughing about his hairdo

Last edited by lau : 12-14-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #240
country flag maria87

ok, so he will skip Copa Argentina and will play in Punta del Este? maybe he likes now the good beaches instead of the horrible heat of Buenos Aires the heat that for sure remindes him the hot summer in Misiones