Which book do you currently read? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #121
country flag Naranoc

Naranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which book do you currently read?

The Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer
Naranoc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #122
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 AM   #123
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
-freakonomics, which is a truly fascinating book.
-The Time Traveller's Wife
-Kindred
-The Name of the Rose
-Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Of those I've read Freakonomics and The Name of the Rose, both of which I enjoyed (except for the ending of the latter)--oddly enough, I got them as gifts from the same person--and I keep meaning to read 1776. I've read enough of ES&L in the bookstore and enough reviews to know I don't want to read it. Which leads me to ask, does your version actually have the serial comma in the title?

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #124
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Peter James

Looking good dead

Tom Bryce did what any decent person would do. But within hours of picking up the CD that had been left behind on the train seat next him, and attempting to return it to its owner, he is the sole witness to a vicious murder. Then his young family are threatened with their lives if he goes to the police. But supported by his wife, Kellie, he bravely makes a statement, to the murder enquiry team headed by Detective Superintendent Roy Grace, a man with demons of his own - including his missing wife - to contend with. And from that moment, the killing of the Bryce family becomes a mere formality - and a grisly attraction. Kellie and Tom's deaths have already been posted on the internet. You can log on and see them on a website. They are looking good dead.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #125
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

Air Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #126
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

I am burnt out on reading, but the last book I read was "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #127
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just started reading The Kill Artist; the first in a spy thriller series by Daniel Silva. Written incredibly well.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #128
country flag Naranoc

Naranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
I am burnt out on reading, but the last book I read was "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston.
Read that too, but for school
Naranoc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #129
country flag almouchie

almouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond reputealmouchie has a reputation beyond repute

i have compiled all those books that have been recommended by those posting
it totals to 79 books, give or take 1 or 2
i am planning on going to the bookstore 2mrw, buy 1 or 2 books
probably will get digital fortress, wuthering heigts, catcher in the ryhe
Old 12-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #130
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

Madame Tussaud: A Life In Wax by Kate Berridge - this is a lot more interesting than it may seem it would be.
The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman - this is a re-read of one of my favorite books. I wish that more authors would write about WWI- but sheesh, it has been slim pickings. If anyone has any good recommendations for books about WWI, please post them.
Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris- this is re-read as well for book club. We're taking it easy this month.

Last edited by Clara Bow : 12-10-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Clara Bow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #131
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naranoc View Post
Read that too, but for school
I plan to buy it for my "library."
Old 12-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #132
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis View Post
Of those I've read Freakonomics and The Name of the Rose, both of which I enjoyed (except for the ending of the latter)--oddly enough, I got them as gifts from the same person--and I keep meaning to read 1776. I've read enough of ES&L in the bookstore and enough reviews to know I don't want to read it. Which leads me to ask, does your version actually have the serial comma in the title?
Yeah. ES&L is REALLY pretentious. It's kind of funny in a really highbrow snotty proper British kind of way. I got it from the library. 1776 is an excellent read but only if you read it in small chunks. McCullough is a good writer, but there is only so much of George Washington I can handle at a time. His book on John Adams was pretty good too - but you have to really enjoy history.

I've also just read a book called "Smashed" by Koren Zailckas. It's pretty disturbing - about teenaged drinking (autobiographical).
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #133
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

"Bliss" by Katherine Mansfield
"My brother's keeper" by Stanislaus Joyce

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #134
country flag viktor06

viktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond reputeviktor06 has a reputation beyond repute

Kurt Vonnegut - Welcome to the monkey house, almost finished
viktor06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #135
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
Madame Tussaud: A Life In Wax by Kate Berridge - this is a lot more interesting than it may seem it would be.
The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman - this is a re-read of one of my favorite books. I wish that more authors would write about WWI- but sheesh, it has been slim pickings. If anyone has any good recommendations for books about WWI, please post them.
Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris- this is re-read as well for book club. We're taking it easy this month.
Are you interested in mysteries at all in a historical setting? Anne Perry has a WWI series- 3 published and 2 more to come next year. If you google her, you can find out more info.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote