Wildcards - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: TT season 2007:WC's: Yes or no?

Yes 30 40.00%
No 45 60.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #46
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wildcards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
predict,because I DONT KNOW A LOT OF PLAYERS who are playing.I heard about them,but never watched them and that's a handicap..
[/size]
I havent seen play any of the players in Maui and I won that tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #47
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaynor View Post
For God's sake, you'll probably just get in Aus Open qualie, win a few rounds there and qualify and you are nearly in the top 100 Everyone elsed thinks the system is fair, if you don't like it then don't play the game, there are many other games that aren't based on rankings such as PAW and PTS go and play them
PTS is bad.
PAW is too boring(but i'll try to play)
TT is the best,and like it...
On my own damage
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #48
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
How about we let tennisfancroatia set up his own version of TT and he can run it the way he wants.
Yeah,very funny
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #49
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah,very funny
Answer my 5 questions in this post and I might show you some respect.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...8&postcount=34
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #50
country flag gaynor

gaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we get an apology from TFC after he wins AO and RG and becomes world no.1
gaynor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #51
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Wildcards

If we dont give Wildcards, we should give more points in the challengers...

Per ex. 150.000+H Challenger
Champion TT 150 points ............. ATP 100 points
Finalist TT 105 points ..............ATP 70 points

50% more points.....

It is not easy to make differences in TT, like in the real tennis...
It is very hard to see a TT Federer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #52
country flag ufokart

ufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond reputeufokart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know a lot about tennis.
And I watch tennis,i follow tennis....
But not that much challengers..
Yeah,I have a bad record in challengers,but that doesn't mean I suck...
I can lose 10 times in a challenger first round (and i will for sure ),and then come up with an Grand Slam...
Two things:1.For me,challenger matches will always be harder to predict,because I DONT KNOW A LOT OF PLAYERS who are playing.I heard about them,but never watched them and that's a handicap..
2.You cannot ignore this,low ranked players and newcomers should have a chance to achive something and improve their rankings by PLAYING A FEW ATP TOURNEYS!
Most of us don't know those players very well, there are a lot of them outside the top 200 and even some unranked. But even without knowing any of them i reached the final of a challenger. If you don't know a player you can look it up in the ATP website, there you'll find information of his ranking and recent results and you will also have an idea of which surface suits him best. I mean, i don't think it is that much harder to predict a challenger than an ATP tournament. In fact in a challenger a great deal of matches consist of a player ranked 150 and one ranked 1000 (for example), you can't tell me that that's a difficult decision. Most of the matches in the ATP tournaments are between top 50's or top 100's, except when federer is playing, i believe those matches are even harder to predict. Maybe a challenger is a little bit harder to predict overall, but not as much as some people here say.

I don't know why you have some kind of obsession with playing the ATP tournaments. I mean, it's a game, you are supposed to play to have fun, what does it matter if you play challengers the whole year or if you play ATP tournaments? You are not going to make more money, and you are not going to play against retarded people in those challengers or anything like that.
Maybe other players don't agree with me on this but i just play here to have fun and i really don't care that much if i'm stuck with challengers the whole year or if i'm seeded at the slams . If i can rise in the rankings i'll be happy, but if i don't, i'd still be happy .

I have only played 3 singles tournaments in the whole year and i'm 150 in the rankings. yeah, i'm never gonna make it to the top 100, maybe i'll whine about it
As many people already said, there are players that are still in the ranking list but that don't play anymore and with 3 events per week (that would mean 96 players and i'm not counting all the players that can go to qualifying for those tournaments) i really think that your chances of playing ATP tournaments are pretty good, but if you want to be that pessimistic, then be my guest.

Maybe i would expect all this ridiculous whining coming from a 10 year old, but according to your profile you are 21
I think that the logical thing you must do now is shut up until next year tournaments begin and see if all this whining of you was justified or not.

Berdych - Andreev - Acasuso - Mathieu - Tursunov - Gaudio - Simon

Vliegen * Malisse * Chela * Zabaleta * Gasquet * Calleri * Djokovic * Starace

Retired and not so active players¬

SJENG SCHALKEN [] PAT RAFTER [] THOMAS MUSTER [] GUGA KUERTEN

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MARIA KIRILENKO
ufokart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #53
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly.. and please people.. open up your minds.. I see there is one mayor injustice

The IDEA of a challenger, on ATP is.. a tournament.. with less strong competitive players.. (that is.. much easier rivals) because the best players are on ATP level, so.. thats why it gives you ..fewer points

The idea of a challenger giving less points its because the quality of the tennis players is less than on an ATP or MS.. that is.. not so great players

So.. it is fair to get fewer points because rivals arent that strong as on ATP level.. -no federer..no nadal..etc-

Now.. on TT.. can anyone tell me what is the difference? I mean.. rivals are MUCH harder to pick.. i mean.. it is much harder to know who will win a challenger! on atp it is MUCH easier

Either NAdal.. either FEDERER.. either Davydenko.. either Ljubicic will win.. it is exciting.. on challenger level.. there is not a dominant group..it is much harder to predict scores..

My point is.. how come you get so less points predicting something that it is MUCH harder to really pick a winner..

And.. besides.. a guy who has a strong ranking.. reaching a QF gives you as much points as winning the sole challenger that is on the week.. or there will be 2.. i dont know..

tell me.. how come someone who is predicting something much harder..because there are a lot of barely known players, with lets say no h2h.. or that honestly it is REALLY hard to watch a match.. and know their game.. how come picking players you have never seen.. (in my case) gives us SUCH low points compared to.. winning 2 rounds on an ATP level ?

I think it would be fair to use the 150% of points in challenger.. if not.. there will be no chance for other players to grow

lets face it.. how many Tournament have world number 1..2..3..4 on TT won?

Add up the amount of challenger a ..lets say..world number 190 has to win to get the chance to improve his ranking to make it to top90...

Its an easy equation..

regarding wild cards.. i think there should be a spot left for them..with the first in first gets a spot place for those..

On atp level there are wild cards granted.. that is something we all know.. i think it is fair that way..

thanks

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #54
country flag uglyamerican

uglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokart View Post
Most of us don't know those players very well, there are a lot of them outside the top 200 and even some unranked. But even without knowing any of them i reached the final of a challenger. If you don't know a player you can look it up in the ATP website, there you'll find information of his ranking and recent results and you will also have an idea of which surface suits him best. I mean, i don't think it is that much harder to predict a challenger than an ATP tournament. In fact in a challenger a great deal of matches consist of a player ranked 150 and one ranked 1000 (for example), you can't tell me that that's a difficult decision. Most of the matches in the ATP tournaments are between top 50's or top 100's, except when federer is playing, i believe those matches are even harder to predict. Maybe a challenger is a little bit harder to predict overall, but not as much as some people here say.

I don't know why you have some kind of obsession with playing the ATP tournaments. I mean, it's a game, you are supposed to play to have fun, what does it matter if you play challengers the whole year or if you play ATP tournaments? You are not going to make more money, and you are not going to play against retarded people in those challengers or anything like that.
Maybe other players don't agree with me on this but i just play here to have fun and i really don't care that much if i'm stuck with challengers the whole year or if i'm seeded at the slams . If i can rise in the rankings i'll be happy, but if i don't, i'd still be happy .

I have only played 3 singles tournaments in the whole year and i'm 150 in the rankings. yeah, i'm never gonna make it to the top 100, maybe i'll whine about it
As many people already said, there are players that are still in the ranking list but that don't play anymore and with 3 events per week (that would mean 96 players and i'm not counting all the players that can go to qualifying for those tournaments) i really think that your chances of playing ATP tournaments are pretty good, but if you want to be that pessimistic, then be my guest.

Maybe i would expect all this ridiculous whining coming from a 10 year old, but according to your profile you are 21
I think that the logical thing you must do now is shut up until next year tournaments begin and see if all this whining of you was justified or not.

I was going to write these same thoughts, but I was too lazy.

I can't believe how much complaining is happening before the system even begins to be implemented.

And you're exactly right--it's not hard to look up the players profiles and activities and make an educated guess. Even in tour-level tournaments (especially the majors) TT players will have to pick matches with non-famous competitors, and these matches will be more important to get right, because people will have a lot of similar picks in the matches where we all know who the players are.

As for WCs...

the only thing that would make any sense is to reserve a couple of WCs for highly ranked players who forgot to sign up in the designated time-frame, but I don't think this will be necessary.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #55
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

50% points increase in challengers would be an idea, but please not more than 50%.

I thought about adee-gee's idea as well. You two should really think about starting your own tour.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #56
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

I think 25% would already be a lot
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #57
country flag uglyamerican

uglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond reputeuglyamerican has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
I havent seen play any of the players in Maui and I won that tournament
Nearly same for me at Naples. I'd seen 2 of the players.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #58
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

FiBeR + tennisfancroatia = The Dream Team
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #59
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyamerican View Post
Nearly same for me at Naples. I'd seen 2 of the players.
I lied actually coz I remembered now that I've seen Kendrick and Philippoussis

still not a big change

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #60
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

well.. yeah! of course.. a challenger MUST have a winner

if you check the percentage of "right and wrong" picks.. you will see that they re not that high as on atp level

i mean..a challenger tournament must have a winner.. and it can be anyone

tell me.. the top 25 players playing on challenger level.. NONE of hardly any made it to the final stages... and besides.. it is not the point.. the point is that it is harder..

and much more difficult.. dont miss that keqtjvwhatever ( i cant spell that nickname) in maui.. lost in R16..and he is a GS winner.. and i made it to QF.. i ..a newbie.. picked and guessed right much better than him in that tournament.. i mean.. that is proof it is harder, for e.g.

besides.. i saw

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote